ANSWERS to FAQs - Regularly updated with show info

buffymon

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just wondering.. can we actually meet the actors and NOT get an autograph or do u have to? because i wanna meet 3 of the announced guests but will just have no money left! lol!

• Moderators

just wondering.. can we actually meet the actors and NOT get an autograph or do u have to? because i wanna meet 3 of the announced guests but will just have no money left! lol!

Not when it's busy. Obviously paying customers have to take priority. As a rule, generally no you can't, but as it gets quieter towards the end of the day crew members can use their discretion and allow people down if the guests are ok with it. But there's never any guarantee.

another Q.. when we meet the actors, are we allowed to take our own pictures with them?? ive been to loads of signings before and security have been tight, but usually manage to get a quick pic. but is security here tighter or what? just wondering coz id rather take my own that pay £20 if u get me lol

• Moderators

another Q.. when we meet the actors, are we allowed to take our own pictures with them?? ive been to loads of signings before and security have been tight, but usually manage to get a quick pic. but is security here tighter or what? just wondering coz id rather take my own that pay £20 if u get me lol

There are usually signs at the end of the queues stating if there are no photos i.e. NO PHOTOS or NO POSED PHOTOS etc.

It's usually more about how busy they are, or if the guests don't want to etc, rather than security issues. If you can check those signs before you go in the queue, then you'll have an idea.

If photos are ok, then just ask the guest anyway to be polite. Then either have a friend take it, or ask a crew member. They're happy to help :P

There's a bit more >HERE< in the FAQ bit on the first page.

Edited by DavidB

Not when it's busy. Obviously paying customers have to take priority. As a rule, generally no you can't, but as it gets quieter towards the end of the day crew members can use their discretion and allow people down if the guests are ok with it. But there's never any guarantee.

I often have a problem such as that, as a poor student! :smile: I find the best way to solve it so that everybody is happy is to go up with a friend or some one you know who is getting an autograph and be their photographer or just go up with them and join in the convo! this has usually worked quite well for me :P or perhaps you know of some one who wants more than 1 autograph (they are collectors or are getting for other people as wel) who is happy to let you get the auto on their behalf? ;) hope this helps :D

surfy sah xx

Hi

Im new to all this really (well I went to GMEX) but anyway..

I ordered my gold pass today (so im not expecting anything) but I just wanted to know how long it should be till I get an email confirmation, and if I dont, what should I do. Partly because I have no patience, and partly because I just like to be sure everythings going to happen.

Thanks

Hi

Im new to all this really (well I went to GMEX) but anyway..

I ordered my gold pass today (so im not expecting anything) but I just wanted to know how long it should be till I get an email confirmation, and if I dont, what should I do. Partly because I have no patience, and partly because I just like to be sure everythings going to happen.

Thanks

Hi Zoe, if you post this in the Online Shop Queries you'll probably get a quicker reply! :D

Any idea where the James Marsters Talk will be held in the Hockey Stadium??

Just as long as it is NOT held in that long dreadful room, where it was last time!! i could not believe how bad that was... Unless you sat in the first 5 rows, you couldn't see anything and the sound was dreadful - if you were near the back, you neither heard or saw James - until at the last he went down there so at least you could snap off a picture... if you had a camera that could cope with the truly terrible lighting... :smile:

Can we get some sort of assurance that this will not happen again??? Even outside in the actual stadium would be better than that...

Thanks a lot :YAHOO:

Just as long as it is NOT held in that long dreadful room, where it was last time!! i could not believe how bad that was... Unless you sat in the first 5 rows, you couldn't see anything and the sound was dreadful - if you were near the back, you neither heard or saw James - until at the last he went down there so at least you could snap off a picture... if you had a camera that could cope with the truly terrible lighting... :smile:

Can we get some sort of assurance that this will not happen again??? Even outside in the actual stadium would be better than that...

Thanks a lot :YAHOO:

I second that. That room was horrible. :chair::chair::chair:

I´ve emailed showmasters about this a long time ago but haven´t heard back.

Just as long as it is NOT held in that long dreadful room, where it was last time!! i could not believe how bad that was... Unless you sat in the first 5 rows, you couldn't see anything and the sound was dreadful - if you were near the back, you neither heard or saw James - until at the last he went down there so at least you could snap off a picture... if you had a camera that could cope with the truly terrible lighting... :YAHOO:

Thanks a lot :dance:

They're having a laugh, i heard its going to be in the same room. Why ?? When there's a perfectly good stadium with tiered seating ??

I'm in batch B but if they're are only 20 or so seats to a row like last time, depending how many are in a batch this time, i probably won't be able to see :blink:

Thanks SM :thumbup:

• Moderators

The stadium is usually being used for sport .. which isn't really that surprising. It's slightly unrealistic to want to hire a small section of seating in a stadium for a talk - costs, setting up equipment etc. The room is far more realistic, even if it is flat. Sometimes there's no other option, and I'm sure if the majority were given a "it's this place or NO TALK" choice they'd go with the room regardless.

I am afraid I think I have a "stupid" question.

I've just received my ticket for the photoshoot with James Marsters, thank you but I don't understand one thing in the organisation when I read the FAQ..maybe my bad English so excuse me if you have answered yet and if I haven't understood but Do I have to be in the Virtual Queue if I just want a picture of him ? How will it work to have a picture with James.. I arrive, I give my ticket and I have my photo with him or is it more complicated ? Thank you :thumbup:

Just as long as it is NOT held in that long dreadful room, where it was last time!! i could not believe how bad that was... Unless you sat in the first 5 rows, you couldn't see anything and the sound was dreadful - if you were near the back, you neither heard or saw James - until at the last he went down there so at least you could snap off a picture... if you had a camera that could cope with the truly terrible lighting... :chair:

Thanks a lot :cylon:

They're having a laugh, i heard its going to be in the same room. Why ?? When there's a perfectly good stadium with tiered seating ??

I'm in batch B but if they're are only 20 or so seats to a row like last time, depending how many are in a batch this time, i probably won't be able to see :YAHOO:

Thanks SM :whistling:

no really? After all the complaints last time?

When I buy a ticket to a talk, I actually expect to be able to SEE the person talking.*gasp*

If it´s the same room, moste people won´t see him, I didn´t last time. The sound was bad as well so I barely heard anything either.

I really, really hope this isen´t true!

I arrive, I give my ticket and I have my photo with him or is it more complicated ? Thank you :whistling:

No that's all you do when you have your photo shoot with him

The virtual queue tickets are for when you want to meet him to get an autograph, which you collect on the day itself.

Sometimes there's no other option, and I'm sure if the majority were given a "it's this place or NO TALK" choice they'd go with the room regardless.

If SM sell a "defect" product, people should be told before purchasing. Just like when buying any other product.

• Moderators

Sometimes there's no other option, and I'm sure if the majority were given a "it's this place or NO TALK" choice they'd go with the room regardless.

If SM sell a "defect" product, people should be told before purchasing. Just like when buying any other product.

Well we don't actually know what's happening for sure, so I can't comment on whether it's a "defect" product or not, but technically as long as you're getting what you paid for then there's no real complaint as such. If they don't offer guarantees that you can "see" James etc, it may be disappointing but it's not promised.

It has been stated 'venue to be confirmed' so if people were aware of the previous problems, they knew it was a possibility it could occur again. However, I'm sure if improvements are possible within the same place, they'll do their best. They're very limited as to what they can do with that room though IF they are using it.

I arrive, I give my ticket and I have my photo with him or is it more complicated ? Thank you :blush:

No that's all you do when you have your photo shoot with him

The virtual queue tickets are for when you want to meet him to get an autograph, which you collect on the day itself.

Thank you Jola for your quick answer. I hope I won't be lost. :D

Well we don't actually know what's happening for sure, so I can't comment on whether it's a "defect" product or not, but technically as long as you're getting what you paid for then there's no real complaint as such. If they don't offer guarantees that you can "see" James etc, it may be disappointing but it's not promised.

well I do suspect that people that have bought tickets expect they will be able to the guest....that really goes without saying.

But let´s hope that SM have made some kind of arrangements so that we all will be happy

• Moderators

I'm not sure if the 'talk' stuff needs to be a little different, with the 'batches' for the James Marsters talk etc? I know some people think they need to get there mega-early still, and it'll be pointless surely?