Bruce Campbell

Manwards

I don't know if anyone here is a fan, but I am a massive fan of Bruce Campbell, best known for his role as Ash in the Evil Dead Trilogy and Autolycus in Hercules and Xena. He not only does really great work, but he's got a wicked sense of humour (read his book), is very down to earth (he doesn't view himself as anyone special, just someone who works hard to make a living, a "working stiff" in his words) and has a great relationship with his fans.

At CM4 this weekend, me and my cousin found signed photos of Bruce, and we were so excited our hands were shaking and our stomachs were rolling. Actually meeting him would be an incredible experience. I beg the organisers at Showmasters to do everything they can to secure Bruce for Collectormania 5 in May 2004. And to make it even better, why not have a showing of The Evil Dead, my favourite movie ever and one of the greatest horror movies ever created. After all, it was Britain that The Evil Dead was first released, and without the incredible business it did in this country it never would have become a cult classic all over the world.

His site is http://www.bruce-campbell.com for anyone interested.

Thanks,

Edited by Manwards

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anyone meet him at that con in 99?? He was so funny........ He could come and flog his book.. I'm also up for Bruce....

Good to See Robert England back.. And what about that comic con in March?? And yes I can talk about it as it's a Showmasters event....

Tell me about it. I'd definitely have my Book of the Dead DVD signed, as well as his autobiography and a McFarlane Movie Maniac action figure, and probably something else as well. I'd spend like £100 just on Bruce, but hell it's worth it.

Haven't you got his autobiography? While it didn't get a big release in the UK, you can still order it from Amazon or Waterstones. I just went into Waterstones and asked for it, they ordered one for me, I got it a week later. It's really good, informative and very entertaining. Make sure you get the paperback edition though, as it contains an extra chapter and a few other extras, which I didn't realise until it was too late...

Robert Englund is always welcome. After all he does play the finest horror movie character of the modern age!! Plus Bruce Campbell who plays the finest horror movie hero of the modern age!! Plus Nicole Kidman who has the finest ass of modern age!! :D:lol:

Haven't you got his autobiography? While it didn't get a big release in the UK, you can still order it from Amazon or Waterstones. I just went into Waterstones and asked for it, they ordered one for me, I got it a week later. It's really good, informative and very entertaining. Make sure you get the paperback edition though, as it contains an extra chapter and a few other extras, which I didn't realise until it was too late...

i might buy it anyway!

i might buy it anyway!

Definitely get it, just be sure that you specify you want the later paperback release, not the first hardback release, so you get the extra stuff.

Edited by Manwards

i might buy it anyway!

Definitely get it, just be sure that you specify you want the later paperback release, not the first hardback release, so you get the extra stuff.

thanks for the info, now all i need is for bruce to come to c5 so he can sign it!

I for one would love to meet Bruce Campbell at C5. I love the Evil Dead series and i think that he would be really popular at the event.

I am also pleased that Robert Englund will be at the event as i have met him at a signing in my local Forbidden Planet shop (in Aberdeen, Scotland) and he was one of the nicest people i have met (i got him to sign my NOES DVD Box Set and my copy of Wes Cravens New Nightmare), he is very down to earth and never gets bored of speaking in his Freddy voice.