Photo shoots - Did you get your signed afterwards?

showmasters

Did you get your photo shoot pic signed?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Did you get your photo shoot pic signed?

• Yes
    • No
    • Got it signed the next day
    • Wanted to but didn't get the opportunity

• Showmasters Admin

We will be sorting out the scheduling for the CG-Mex photo sessions soon and it would be useful to know when to hold the last session.

It would be better for us (and the guests!) if we could spread them out more throughout the day rather than trying to fit them all into the early afternoon, however if many people want to also get them signed then we will have to leave enough time for the pictures to be developed and collected.

Let us know your opinions and ideas, and we'll see what we can do.

Andrea

i think thats a good idea.

In retrospect, I could have waited to meet Amber for the 2nd time (which i did anyway) and gotten my photo shoot photo signed. For me, as I was there over the 3 days, if the say the shoot had been on day one, i'd have got it signed over the next days - if this situation were to arise and you were there for more than one day.

I'm not sure everyone would go for it - I think people who are perhaps getting more than one thing signed would like it.

For me personally - it's something i'd keep in mind for the next event i go to if i have a photo shoot.

hard to tell as i think spreading them out would help the guests, and the photographers - pluses and minus to it all, as usual :-)

on the other hand - do i want the guest to see my scary shiny face in the photo heheh

I only had the photo session with Juliet Landau which I wanted to get signed. No major problems, but I thought that a two hour wait for the photos to develop could have caused problems had I not have had Sunday to meet her as a back-up plan. As luck would have it Juliet appeared to be the only guest still signing once I'd collected my photo and I got it signed no problem on the Saturday but it could cause problems in future if the photos are going to take a while to be developed and people can't hang around long enough to collect them.

As far as the quality of the photo it was excellent and I was really pleased with it. I'll be certain to take advantage of a future photo opportunity with a guest if time permits.

As someone who used to work in a photo developers I can say that the two hour turn around is pretty impressive. I'm not sure how many tickets were sold for each photo session - but to print even 100 photos at that size (8x 6 ish) can take a long time, depending on what machine the store was using (which i believe was snappy snaps) - I dont think it would be humanly possibly to quote a time any thing less than 2 hrs to allow for the store to print them and allow for paper changes, jams etc. Bigger size papers are irritatingly slow!

I got my Juliet one signed on the Sunday, the day after the shoot. I would have liked to get my Amber one signed but I had to leave my name and address for it to be posted to me as I had to go home straight after her shoot.

As for Ian and Maggie I would have got them signed but for lack of money after seeing them so much anyway!

I think it's a good idea to have the shoots in plenty of time for ppl to get them signed. It's esp good if you havent got anything specific merchandise wise to bring with you as it means more than getting one of the free prints signed.

xxxxx

I had one done with Juliet Landau on the Saturday. Thought about getting it signed, but didnt in the end. I got an 8x10 signed instead. And Juliet recognised me from the photo shoot the following day. :poki:

I had one with Maggie Grace, but didn't get it signed.

Also i want to add how well organised i thought the shoot was, a very hassle free and enjoyable experience. A special mention should go to Maggie herself, for actually making an effort to interact with us and not just stand there going through the motions.

Cheers Maggie :thumbup:

• Showmasters Admin

Also i want to add how well organised i thought the shoot was, a very hassle free and enjoyable experience. A special mention should go to Maggie herself, for actually making an effort to interact with us and not just stand there going through the motions.

Cheers Maggie :wub:

I found organising the photo shoot quite fun on the Sunday :D You guys in the queue made it easy though. No one was being silly and trying to push in or push forward. Everyone waited their turn and seemed to come out happy :D

And Malcolm is a great photographer and did a great job taking the photos and looking after the attendees in the shoot it's self.

Cheers Maggie :wub:

I found organising the photo shoot quite fun on the Sunday :D You guys in the queue made it easy though. No one was being silly and trying to push in or push forward. Everyone waited their turn and seemed to come out happy :D

And Malcolm is a great photographer and did a great job taking the photos and looking after the attendees in the shoot it's self.

I am always well behaved :D even though i think some people were miffed on the bag rule - it was a good rule i think, and saved time.

I've kind if known Malcolm for a while, and this was my first 'professional' experience of him - and am def. impressed. If photo shoots are something you're going to do from now on - then def. a good choice.

As someone who used to work in a photo developers I can say that the two hour turn around is pretty impressive. I'm not sure how many tickets were sold for each photo session - but to print even 100 photos at that size (8x 6 ish) can take a long time, depending on what machine the store was using (which i believe was snappy snaps) - I dont think it would be humanly possibly to quote a time any thing less than 2 hrs to allow for the store to print them and allow for paper changes, jams etc. Bigger size papers are irritatingly slow!

I'm the manager of a photo shop and it would be possible now to get the photos done quicker. There are new, faster mini labs now and all the prints are the same size so it would be quite quick even for hundreds.

I haven't had any proffessional photos done before outside of a convention eg Stargate! :D

maybe it's cause I'm a poor student but I just think it's alot to pay for a photo and then to pay the same again to get it signed?!?! :blink: maybe it's also cause when I've gotten photos done at a con (only 1 guest singular out of 2 cons) it was £15 and came back signed as part of the price... :P

orrr maybe I just haven't met the right person yet that makes me wanna chuck my budget out the window :D *cough* main cast CSI guests *cough* :blush:

surfy sah xx

I'm the manager of a photo shop and it would be possible now to get the photos done quicker. There are new, faster mini labs now and all the prints are the same size so it would be quite quick even for hundreds.

it wasnt so long along that i worked there - so i think it just depends on the machine. I know our older machine was quite slow with the larger sizes - but I wasnt there long enough to test the larger sizes on the new machine we had before i left. I just thought that 2 hrs would a good time to allow for hundreds of photos (obviously depends on the shoot) and also to allow for jams and paper chains (altho jams didnt happen so much with our new machine). I can't actually remember the name of th machine now - so my knowledge ends there. all i remember is that hte new machine could do 1500 6x4 prints in an hour.

You're lucky you've left I've been there for over three years and I wanna leave!

It would depend on the lab you were using though but I think I could manage to do them in an hour or a bit longer!! :YAHOO:

I was there 3 years too!! went from shop assistant to manager over that time. One day i just decided to leave (was some other factors as well) - made sure i had enough to cover me for a while till i got temp work and what not. What chain do you work for?

Reckon it might be pressure the shop might not want to say they want them in a hour though - i think 2hrs is a safe bet as a standard time to quote and then if they're back before then - even better!

• 1 year later...

I haven't had any proffessional photos done before outside of a convention eg Stargate!:D

maybe it's cause I'm a poor student but I just think it's alot to pay for a photo and then to pay the same again to get it signed?!?! :poki: maybe it's also cause when I've gotten photos done at a con (only 1 guest singular out of 2 cons) it was £15 and came back signed as part of the price... :poki:

orrr maybe I just haven't met the right person yet that makes me wanna chuck my budget out the window :poki: *cough* main cast CSI guests *cough*:poki:

surfy sah xx

yes at a different event my photo came back signed which was included in the price. and the photo was nicer, and came back within the hour, unlike my experences with showmasters.

i would pay to have my photo signed but not at the full cost of a signature again, i think its far too expensive.

• 3 weeks later...