ERNIE HUDSON - did you meet him?

nicky

He was amazing, one of the friendliest guests. Wearing a ghostbusters tee that said Winston Rocks and for the Photo op he had the Ghostbusters 2 outfit with him, proton pack n all :YAHOO: best photo with a celeb i think ive had. I handed over my cast pic which he signed with 'Who ya gonna call' and when i handed him the indivudual one he asked me a fave line from the movie, so I said 'how about, Thats A Big Twinkie' and he laughed and wrote that on the pic :uhoh: my brother also talked about The Crow and and he was saying how much of a tragedy it was what happened, and they only had 8 days filming left for it, in which they got the double in to film the remaining scenes. An amazingly friendly guest overall. Would love to see him back at some point

The man was a pure delight, it's so refreshing to meet a guest who embraces the film(s) that made him a houshold star. Too many other people shun movies that got them there, like Carrie Fisher who some time back was refusing to personalise items with phrases like "May The Force Be With You".

Yep Ernie did mention it was Bill Murray who stopped things happening with Ghostbusters 3.

I just wish I could of come Saturday as well to have a pic taken with Ernie in his Ghostbusters costume.

CM10%20-%20Ernie2.jpg

CM10%20-%20Ernie1.jpg

Group%20GB%204.jpg

DSCF0797.JPG

YES I DID MEET HIM HE NOTICED I HAD A NEW YORK TOP ON HE LIKED IT AND WE TALKED ABOUT NEW YORK I TOLD HIM I WENT THERE TO WEEKS AGO BECAUSE MY MUM WANTED TO GO COS SHE WAS 50 TO DO SOME AS A TREAT AND HE SAID TO SAY HAAPY BIRTHDAY TO MY MUM

Edited by gem-sanders

The Crow is my favourite movie, so I asked him what it'd been like filming it. He said it's one ofhis favourite movies too, and that he'd known Brandon for 6 years before filming the movie. The scene in which he and Eric are sitting in his house was the first scene they truly got to bond and he said it was very sad after that because then Brandon died.

Ernie is a lovely man. Very friendly.

I wish I had known he was in costume for the photoshoot - was it advertised that way ??

As Usual that is a big fat NO, however Ernie did tell me on Friday that he had his Ghostbusters outfit in the back room, however I thought he was just having a laugh as it was not advertised as so. :thumbup:

Ernie must be a real good sport to get into his cossie from the movie however if I was to get a pic with him like that I'd perfer to be with him dressed as he is in The Crow where he's in his T'shirt and shorts with the cop hat :stretcher:

Does anyone know if his costume was an actual prop he wore and kept from the film or a reproduction??

Ernie must be a real good sport to get into his cossie from the movie however if I was to get a pic with him like that I'd perfer to be with him dressed as he is in The Crow where he's in his T'shirt and shorts with the cop hat :stretcher:

Does anyone know if his costume was an actual prop he wore and kept from the film or a reproduction??

I heard it was the blue outfit from Ghostbusters II.

• Moderators

Agreed, Ernie was one of the nicest guests I have ever met at a show. He really took the time to take care of the fans and make sure everyone went away with good memories of meeting him.

I actually did a 15 minute interview with Ernie on Sunday about his time on The Crow for a book I am writing about the film. His main memories are of it being a cold, demanding shoot (the entire film was shot at night) and obviously the tragedy was a terrible experience for all involved. Initially he didn't want to go back afterwards, but was eventually persuaded. He didn't really "get" the film until after it had been released and he had seen it a few times, but now it is one of his favourites and his kids love it.

All in all a very friendly guest. Now we need some more Crow guests!

Graham

I met him on the sunday and also found him to be a really great guy.

I chatted to him for about 20mins. I asked him about what he's upto at the moment, to which he told me that he's now in Desperate Housewives as a detective. He said that his character doesn't get to sleep with any of the ladies, but in 'his own little world' he does!

I also asked about Ghostbusters 3, to which he also explained to me the whole thing with Bill Murray, and that he, Ernie, thought that should have and could have done a couple more films years ago during the hype.

I also chatted to him about The Crow, saying that , like many, it is also one of my all time favorite films. I asked him if he had seen any of the other movies, to which he said no.

He said that after Brandon died, he didn't even want to finish the film, but he had to, for the contract and for Brandon. He said that to him there's only The Crow, and he'll leave it at that.

I think Ernie is a brilliant guy, very friendly and chatty. I asked him if he would ever come back to one of these events, and he said he'd like to. I hope he does.

I met him on the sunday and also found him to be a really great guy.

I chatted to him for about 20mins. I asked him about what he's upto at the moment, to which he told me that he's now in Desperate Housewives as a detective. He said that his character doesn't get to sleep with any of the ladies, but in 'his own little world' he does!

I also asked about Ghostbusters 3, to which he also explained to me the whole thing with Bill Murray, and that he, Ernie, thought that should have and could have done a couple more films years ago during the hype.

I also chatted to him about The Crow, saying that , like many, it is also one of my all time favorite films. I asked him if he had seen any of the other movies, to which he said no.

He said that after Brandon died, he didn't even want to finish the film, but he had to, for the contract and for Brandon. He said that to him there's only The Crow, and he'll leave it at that.

I think Ernie is a brilliant guy, very friendly and chatty. I asked him if he would ever come back to one of these events, and he said he'd like to. I hope he does.

Ernie had constant queues all weekend, how the hell did you manage to chat for 20 minutes ?.. i cant see the crew allowing you that much time with him, with other people to see.

Edited by DisneyDude78