Anyone notice how Brandon Routh was not mentioned on the G Mex leaflet

s.p.d.

If you believe the original post which started all this off, Routh was confirmed to appear over 6 weeks ago.

The lack of any official statement on his alleged appearance, and that he isn\'t down to appear on either the GMEX site or the advertising for the event is a strong indication that he is now unconfirmed, or is just plain not/never was appearing.

Anyway, you have to hand it to him. All this publicity, along with the zombie fodder who continue to perpetuate the myth of Routh\'s appearance, are doing wonders for potential attendences.

At least more than a few people are now openly questioning if Routh will show. After all, according to Brando, it IS Routh\'s job to show people the light.

If you believe the original post which started all this off, Routh was confirmed to appear over 6 weeks ago.

The lack of any official statement on his alleged appearance, and that he isn\'t down to appear on either the GMEX site or the advertising for the event is a strong indication that he is now unconfirmed, or is just plain not/never was appearing.

Anyway, you have to hand it to him. All this publicity, along with the zombie fodder who continue to perpetuate the myth of Routh\'s appearance, are doing wonders for potential attendences.

At least more than a few people are now openly questioning if Routh will show. After all, according to Brando, it IS Routh\'s job to show people the light.

As the organiser of the event Jason would not have confirmed to us he was coming if he wasnt confirmed. I am suprised it hasnt been marketed more like you say and people are questioning it at the moment but he did say he was trying to sort out photo ops so it would appear confirmed...........

wouldnt it.......please......someone.......help.........panic :wub:

just a thought - why is it not being advertised?

could it be because he iscoming, and so advertising is likely being co-ordinated with his own ppl?! i mean, it would obviously fit better (and fit the theoretical track record of SM) to advertise him now, then cancel him later after his name has been adequately associated, right? i'm not suggesting this as a theory - it has been suggested before by others, and i don't support it. i mention it to illustrate my point.

i mean, its already been suggested elsewhere that they advertise falsely. but there IS no publicity here, just whats said on the forum. so i wonder, how can there be false advertising when there is no advertising?

just a few thoughts :wub:

Edited by Keeper

just a thought - why is it not being advertised?

could it be because he iscoming, and so advertising is likely being co-ordinated with his own ppl?! i mean, it would obviously fit better (and fit the theoretical track record of SM) to advertise him now, then cancel him later after his name has been adequately associated, right? i'm not suggesting this as a theory - it has been suggested before by others, and i don't support it. i mention it to illustrate my point.

i mean, its already been suggested elsewhere that they advertise falsely. but there IS no publicity here, just whats said on the forum. so i wonder, how can there be false advertising when there is no advertising?

just a few thoughts :D

The forums are more up to date than the main web page and also on the main web page it does kind of usher people towards the forums where they will see a pinned thread confirming his attendance.

The whole situation is weird.........not going to speculate.

It's very likely due to the release date of the Superman Returns DVD which I believe is a week before GMEX2.

So in my view, Brandon will be wanted for promo work in the USA for the release of the DVD.

Not so good I know, but it's through no fault of SM, even though there will be all the conspiracy theories start now.

I'm sure SM will let us all know in good time, and maybe try and get one of the other stars of the film to appear over here!

It's very likely due to the release date of the Superman Returns DVD which I believe is a week before GMEX2.

So in my view, Brandon will be wanted for promo work in the USA for the release of the DVD.

Not so good I know, but it's through no fault of SM, even though there will be all the conspiracy theories start now.

I'm sure SM will let us all know in good time, and maybe try and get one of the other stars of the film to appear over here!

again this is speculation and i sure it wouldnt have been pinned and confirmed if it were not so.

This whole Brandon things is a steaming pile of you know what and contradicts everything SM have ever said about confirming guests.

They have always said that they would not advertise (either on here or on paper) a guest that they have not got in writing confirming the guest is coming.

So either they are lying to everyone and all they have done is approached him (like every guest) and asked him or they actually do have it in writing and are just foolish to not offically announce it.

May I remind you that this has been advertised and Jason has said, in a pinned post, they are waiting for him to confirm. However there is no official post from SM.

I still remember the Sam L Jackson rumours that were going around when the first LFACC was on. They didnt do anything to stop that. Why? Because they are hoping that there are many fools out there that believed this rumour and went there hoping to meet him.

This Brandon thing feels like that.

This whole Brandon things is a steaming pile of you know what and contradicts everything SM have ever said about confirming guests.

They have always said that they would not advertise (either on here or on paper) a guest that they have not got in writing confirming the guest is coming.

So either they are lying to everyone and all they have done is approached him (like every guest) and asked him or they actually do have it in writing and are just foolish to not offically announce it.

May I remind you that this has been advertised and Jason has said, in a pinned post, they are waiting for him to confirm. However there is no official post from SM.

I still remember the Sam L Jackson rumours that were going around when the first LFACC was on. They didnt do anything to stop that. Why? Because they are hoping that there are many fools out there that believed this rumour and went there hoping to meet him.

if he is not confirmed then im very disappointed as we have been led to believe he has.

Apparently Jason was waiting on photo ops info........so..........

Not sure whats going on.

Now that Milton Keynes is out of the way SM might confirm Brandon by putting him on the main page along with all the other guests that they have listed on the boards.

This should put all sides of the discussion to rest!

Stands to reason if Brandon was coming he would be advertised on the flyer, so the fact he wasn't can sadly only mean one thing.

I remember a few years ago Joss Whedon was advertised as attending an event in BTVS magazine, but even though his picture featured, it said something like awaiting confirmation.

On this basis you could say pretty much anyone is attending, for example you could ask Harrison Ford, and say he was attending pending confirmation.

At the end of the day, until they are actually there in front of you at the show, you can't count on anything.

This is now spiralling way out of control, the rumour mills are turning 24 hours a day lately. Can we not just wait and see what develops over the next couple of weeks ?

In reference to SFX magazine, having know someone who works for a major publication, the deadlines for such magazines were in fact almost 2 months ago so at the time the advert was taken out is it possible they were waiting for Brandons confirmation at that time !

It's plain to see that there is only one person to blame for all this bickering and fighting amongst forum members and accusations against Showmasters, and that is a certain Mr Luthor. Who most people already know is almost certainly working for a rival con organiser and is clearly trying to make these boards descend into chaos and quite frankley he has acheived this.

All I can say is PLEASE PLEASE show patience for a couple more weeks, you have all been great so far, let that continue.

Rant over :thumbup:

**excuse all the edits, purely there to fix spelling mistakes, I'm not so good on the keyboard half asleep** :unsure:

Edited by DisneyDude78

• Moderators

And everyone knows the only reason you're on here is to bitch about Showmasters at every opportunity, and join in with any argument against them, so I don't see why anyone should listen to you or your opinions when you know nothing whatsoever about any of these situations. It's pathetic.

Maybe Brandon will come, maybe he won't. We all know how things can change with these events, and perhaps they CAN'T give confirmation for reasons that no-one knows. After all, it's their business and not ours, and if they need to iron out a few things or whatever then that's up to them, and they won't be advertising it on flyers! I have no idea, but this kind of speculation isn't going to help.

And certainly people like you who are anti-SM and take every chance to attack them aren't going to help either, so why not just cut the crap and let them get on with trying to sort things out.