Pictures with the Stars of Trek

GoldenGreen

fantastic pics, well done!

you didnt go for the Spiner/Nimoy duo ?

Cheers

no, I just couldnt decide, and just when I had it sold out (this was all prior to the con)

How much did your trip cost you? I'd love to go to Vegas but at the moment I can't afford it. I'd be interested to know how much I'd need to save up in order to make it.

id rather not add it all up lol

alot

I bought 99% of my shoots online prior over a space of time.

but flights could be anywhere from £500-£1000, hotel £400 - £1000 all depends on how long you stay & when you book also.

the basic 4 day weekend con entrance was about £90 (nothing included)

spending money during the day you dont need too much, many hotels have all you can eat buffets, and generally food and drink is cheaper in the us than the uk. and you do so much walking the only thing really on your mind in that heat is water "ice cold water 1 dollar, ice cold water 1 dollar" in a phillipino accent lol.

it also depends on if you drink alcohol alot, gamble, want to see shows, I also saw celine dion live in a pretty decent seat, cost me a fair few bob.

all depends on the type of person you are, I did more during the day to be honest, where as most ppl would be night owles.

i really hope I can go again next year.

70 odd trek guests, now thats a trek con.

I fear im starting to skirt the line of acceptability on here so dont want to say to much more details on it.

Don't worry, I know what you're referring to having encountered the creative types on their last trip to London. I don't drink much alcohol and I don't gamble, so if I do go that should kep the costs down. The one show I'd want to see is The Beatles Love. Like you, I'm more of a day person - night time is for sleeping as far as I'm concerned!

Very nice pictures Timelord.

I'm quite jealous - I don't think I would be brave enough to go on my own.

Hopefully, Showmasters will bring some of the rarer Trek guests over soon. I would love to meet Nichelle.

thanks

was a bit last minute deciding to actually go, so hard to find someone to come, its the furthest ive ever traveled on my own, I much prefer to travel with someone, being alone isnt great, hell I should be used to it. but it did have some benefits, doing what u want when you want ect, but holiday its much better to be with someone, not least to take the photos lol. but I couldnt pass this up, and shortly after I booked leonard announced his retirement, so I was very happy I made the choice. and it was an AMAZING con, im deff going back, and vegas was awesome, something for everyone. and so sunny. loved it.

the talks were the best ive been to I think, all round they were great and the guests seemed to be far more open in the talks also.

nichelle was lovely, every person, every photo she has a massive smile and is so nice to the attendees. she also is doing alot of cons, this year I think she has been at all the official US trek ones and at least 3 others that ive seen. ive heard she would be up for another uk con. it might just be a matter of finding time, she seems very busy these days, very in demand, and so she should be, wonderful woman.

She attended a Showmasters con over here but it was way before I became interested in them. Would be lovely to see her.

It was a Collectormania (7?), and I got her autograph but there weren't any talks so I'd love it if she were to return so I could hear her stories!

My last Vegas photo op arrived today. The legend that is William Shatner. To be honest, I've never seen Bill in such good form; friendly in the photo ops and chatty in the autograph line, warm and welcoming to all. A great experience all round!!

Bill.jpg

your Shatner one is so much better than mine, its so hard to get a decent smile out of him, even that stunning woman in the skimpy outfit (who was also an andorian and so many others there) didnt get it in her shoot, although he was very happy after and watching her walk away and the next shoot he had a massive smile on his face lol

did you crop it?

Edited by timelord81r

your Shatner one is so much better than mine, its so hard to get a decent smile out of him, even that stunning woman in the skimpy outfit (who was also an andorian and so many others there) didnt get it in her shoot, although he was very happy after and watching her walk away and the next shoot he had a massive smile on his face lol

did you crop it?

Yeah, I caught him at a very good moment. I saw his reaction to the woman in the skimpy outfit - priceless!! And, yeah, I cropped the picture; didn't expect them to be full length.

Yeah Lizzy, he's looking so much better than the last time I saw him about 3 years ago.

• 4 months later...

I only went to my first convention last year and I had no idea who was going. I only found out a day before that Brent Spiner was going and I was not even into Star Trek then, I just remembered him from my childhood :) Now I got boxsets lying around everywhere lol. I hope to meet more soon.

My only photo. I'm the one in red. It looks like i'm afraid of the camera but i'm not lol i'm very happy. My sister looks kinda scary though xP

004.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I only went to my first convention last year and I had no idea who was going. I only found out a day before that Brent Spiner was going and I was not even into Star Trek then, I just remembered him from my childhood :) Now I got boxsets lying around everywhere lol. I hope to meet more soon.

My only photo. I'm the one in red. It looks like i'm afraid of the camera but i'm not lol i'm very happy. My sister looks kinda scary though xP

004.jpg

He's still cute Data!

• 11 months later...

not sure why half my pics are not showing, nothing wrong with the links, cant be bothered to figure it out or post em again,

got a few more since my last post, not sure i can be bothered to post em all but here is one i like

vegasrk_zpsacd86fec.jpg

• Like 2

IanChris.jpg

Meeting Chris Pine at the Star Trek Into Drkness premiere. A really nice guy.

Great pictures, just sorry I couldn't make it as was really looking forward to this and meeting up. Picture clarity on these is excellent, love your t-shirt as well.