Pictures with the Stars of Trek

GoldenGreen

• 2 months later...

Met the extremely lovely Nichelle Nichols for the first time in January.

Would you hold it against me if I called you a lucky b*st*rd? :thumbup: I know I'm only 26 and she's in her 70's, but my God she's aged gracefully. I think that Nichelle is one of the most beautiful women I've ever seen. To have a pic with her such as the one you had, wow! I'd die!

I hope she comes to a Showmaster convention in the very near future.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

281427_10150326582703203_726573202_9701982_991177_n-1.jpg269889_10150326592333203_726573202_9702065_7926671_n-1.jpg

I'm annoyed with myself now - I went to his talk but I didn't get an autograph from Robert as I didn't realise he'd been in Star Trek.

I didn't realise either until I saw him in an early episode of TNG a few days ago.

281427_10150326582703203_726573202_9701982_991177_n-1.jpg269889_10150326592333203_726573202_9702065_7926671_n-1.jpg

I'm annoyed with myself now - I went to his talk but I didn't get an autograph from Robert as I didn't realise he'd been in Star Trek.

I didn't realise either until I saw him in an early episode of TNG a few days ago.

I liked Robert in SGU and TNG and had to choose, could have gone with a pic that was just photo of himself, but as I have been getting SGU cast shots lately, I went for an SGU one instead and well there were no pics just of himself that I could see. Can't always see the point of getting multiple shots of the same actor (the odd person that is your favourite maybe) I mean each to there own, but when a friend of mine said they had a DS9 cast shot plus individual signed photos of each person, and some with more then one of them in like dax and Worf, I wonder when enough is enough. As I said each to there own and its not my money so who am I to be telling others how to spend there hard earned cash but where does one draw the line?....

:D

LLAP :P

Edited by zebredy

fantastic pics, well done!

you didnt go for the Spiner/Nimoy duo ?

Cheers

no, I just couldnt decide, and just when I had it sold out (this was all prior to the con)

How much did your trip cost you? I'd love to go to Vegas but at the moment I can't afford it. I'd be interested to know how much I'd need to save up in order to make it.

fantastic pics, well done!

you didnt go for the Spiner/Nimoy duo ?

Cheers

no, I just couldnt decide, and just when I had it sold out (this was all prior to the con)

How much did your trip cost you? I'd love to go to Vegas but at the moment I can't afford it. I'd be interested to know how much I'd need to save up in order to make it.

id rather not add it all up lol

alot

I bought 99% of my shoots online prior over a space of time.

but flights could be anywhere from £500-£1000, hotel £400 - £1000 all depends on how long you stay & when you book also.

the basic 4 day weekend con entrance was about £90 (nothing included)

spending money during the day you dont need too much, many hotels have all you can eat buffets, and generally food and drink is cheaper in the us than the uk. and you do so much walking the only thing really on your mind in that heat is water "ice cold water 1 dollar, ice cold water 1 dollar" in a phillipino accent lol.

it also depends on if you drink alcohol alot, gamble, want to see shows, I also saw celine dion live in a pretty decent seat, cost me a fair few bob.

all depends on the type of person you are, I did more during the day to be honest, where as most ppl would be night owles.

i really hope I can go again next year.

70 odd trek guests, now thats a trek con.

I fear im starting to skirt the line of acceptability on here so dont want to say to much more details on it.

my main reason for going was nimoy (who id never met before and after 1 more us event retires for good) and celine, so im v happy with all the other guests I met also.

I really don't know how you got around so many photo ops as I only got 3 and still had to balance them with so many other things going on, so bravo!!

Vegas is great fun. I went to Celine as well and was able to see Penn & Teller and Tim Allen and, although they're not Trek, here's my photos with them, as they were got on a Trek-related trip (tenuous, I know!!)

Penn-1.jpgTellerandme-1.jpg

TimAllenandMe.jpg

along with my Data and Riker shot

RikerDataMe-1.jpg

and Olivia d'Abo from ST:TNG and many other things

OliviaDabofromTheWonderYearsConantheDestroyerandStarTreK-TNG-1.jpg

Edited by sagart

I really don't know how you got around so many photo ops as I only got 3 and still had to balance them with so many other things going on, so bravo!!

Vegas is great fun. I went to Celine as well and was able to see Penn & Teller and Tim Allen and, although they're not Trek, here's my photos with them, as they were got on a Trek-related trip (tenuous, I know!!)

alot of running lol, i missed the sulu talk and terry talk but aside those and bits of other minor ones i got to alot and all the other major talks, but I dont do autos so thats i guess where i clawed it back time wise. i could of done a few more but i resisted lol, aside the unification which had sold out.

what night did you see celine?

man i so wish photos were allowed, and a meet and greet, wow id kill for that.

she was amazing, i had a pretty decent seat also. will deff c her when i next return, im tryng for next year but its doubtful, but will deff be before she leaves vegas

i didnt know tim did a meet and greet? how much was that? i did consider seeing him but decided to claw back some money lol

good to bump into you

Great to see you there as well. I went to Celine on the Tuesday before the con, the day I arrived actually so I was tired but it was worth it. I saw her 3 years ago in Vegas and this new show is very different, much more intimate. Tim's Meet & Greet was $150 (front row seats and the meet after the show) while Penn & Teller offer a meet and greet for everyone at their show for free!! I waiting to get my Shatner photo op. Do you not get any autographs? That would certainly be a big time saver.

Great to see you there as well. I went to Celine on the Tuesday before the con, the day I arrived actually so I was tired but it was worth it. I saw her 3 years ago in Vegas and this new show is very different, much more intimate. Tim's Meet & Greet was $150 (front row seats and the meet after the show) while Penn & Teller offer a meet and greet for everyone at their show for free!! I waiting to get my Shatner photo op. Do you not get any autographs? That would certainly be a big time saver.

I saw her the friday night of the con ( i flew in wed afternoon) it was a mad rush from the rio as the nana solo shoot was at 6.30!

Ive not seen her live before, im a big fan but never been able to go to vegas and couldnt get decent tickets for her tours, id like to be able to see her rather than in the rafters at a stadium lol, and thats hard to get those close tickets.

I managed to get a decent ticket for this, was just thinking to myself next time if i plan it sooner, i could ger frontish row. i think i only booked all this in april this year, was last minute of sorts, but i had front orch, aisle seat, JJ i think it was, very close to the stage, she is amazing.

though you are right, its a more intamate show, which is why i was surprised at how often some ppl had to stand and dance/applaud, one woman front row to the left of me was standing dancing all the way through, very rude for those sitting behind her I thought.

no didnt do any autos, I thought about nimoy but again sold out before i could decide, if I had done him id probably done shatner also (btw he is super fast signer, left patrick in his dust)

im not really into autos, i do do some, but rare if its not included in the ticket, thought about a wrath of kahn poster with all surviving bridge crew for vegas, but decided against it for a variety of reasons.

but that stall (that has also been at showmasters events) had some really nice art work pieces signed, i might end up getting a nimoy shatner one off them at some point, will see