Guest Announcement: Leroy James

Hr Nielsen

Yes not many guests from AOTC have been to an ED, I only recall one or maybe two guests at recent EDs signing my brother's AOTC poster.

Its difficult finding these guys, I assume most of them reside in Australia and those few that did the UK shoot may have also done the other 2 prequels so are more used to signing those.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Yes not many guests from AOTC have been to an ED, I only recall one or maybe two guests at recent EDs signing my brother's AOTC poster.

Its difficult finding these guys, I assume most of them reside in Australia and those few that did the UK shoot may have also done the other 2 prequels so are more used to signing those.

The reason you see very few AOTC guests at Empire Day is the film was shot at Fox Studios Australia, and ED only features guests based in the UK. You will therefore see more guests from the OT and TPM as these movies were based in the UK for their entire studio shoot. ROTS did some pickup shooting here, I am not sure about AOTC.

The reason you see very few AOTC guests at Empire Day is the film was shot at Fox Studios Australia, and ED only features guests based in the UK. You will therefore see more guests from the OT and TPM as these movies were based in the UK for their entire studio shoot. ROTS did some pickup shooting here, I am not sure about AOTC.

AOTC did pickups at Leavesden Studios, which was where TPM was filmed. Mike Savva was at the last ED who was one of the Naboo Guards in the first scene, although I dont recall if he is Australian.

Edited by Dannyboy

• Moderators

AOTC did pickups at Leavesden Studios, which was where TPM was filmed. Mike Savva was at the last ED who was one of the Naboo Guards in the first scene, although I dont recall if he is Australian.

He's british I think, as is Steve John Shepherf, the other guard in that scene. I'm not even sure if that is Veronica Segura, as you only see the back of her head in that shot. Could easily have been a UK extra brought in for the pickups.

Steve John Shepherd has been in a few Britpack movies so hes definately British. The AOTC commentary says it was a bluescreen scene but doesnt make it clear if the 2 actors were even on set at the same time in either AU or UK. I think Mike Savva is British too as I overheard him chatting to other fans and I watched the Q+A, I dont remember hearing anything other than UK accents from all the guests.

Edited by SarahSith

He's british I think, as is Steve John Shepherf, the other guard in that scene. I'm not even sure if that is Veronica Segura, as you only see the back of her head in that shot. Could easily have been a UK extra brought in for the pickups.

I think that in all shots prior to the explosion Corde was played by Natalie Portman. Veronica Segura plays Corde for her death scene.

No only TPM was at Leavesden, AOTC pick-ups were done at Ealing, e.g the ramp/hand-maiden scene's and the sandpeople's hut where Anakins mother was held, but the very final day of them at Elstree. Although Tom Sanderson did mainly standing in - one of the shots was him instead of Ewan dangling from the robot being dragged above the roof tops.

Edited by Quinn

I think that in all shots prior to the explosion Corde was played by Natalie Portman.

Cool how do you know this

In behind the scenes pictures you can see that Natalie is wearing Corde's costume and standing on the ramp. There's one picture within sw.com's Hyperspace content and in the book Star Wars Chronicles - The Prequels when mentioning the decoy ruse it says: "To further strengthen the illusion, the film had Natalie Portman play Corde in her brief scenes before the ship's explosion".