Mr Kirby said that he was in the very first scene in ANH kneeling

down on the floor when the Stormtroopers blast the door, and laying

dead as Vader comes through the door.

mark_kirby01.jpg

Edited by Hr Nielsen

We are pleased to Announce our Latest Guest for Empire Day 18:

Mark Kirby: Stormtrooper in Star Wars

PICTURE COMING SOON

I have a question and I don't mean to sound cynical or anything, but how do you find out about all these stormtroopers, or more to the point, prove they actually were? Just wondering as there seem to be lots showing up recently. Wondering also if anyone has actually ran out of room on a poseter recently with all these new additions!

Your complaining about running out of room on your poster? Isnt that the point of collecting autos!! :P

I agree with your other point though, at least with the naboo guards in the prequels you always had photographic evidence to actually see facially that its the guy your meeting at the show.

If these guys came from Convention Guests then i'd believe its them as I understand they only take them on if they have evidence and their site with photos then-and-now looks conclusive. So unless they otherwise came accredited from Lucasfilm themselves I would be sceptical.

• 1 month later...

There isn't any solid evidence that some of these performers actually appeared in any of the films (e.g. written documentation) and several attempts to get hold of these papers has proved unsuccessful. Also your point about looking at before and after pictures doesn't make much sense when there are many artistes hidden under masks. Yes, an artiste could recount stories of working on set etc... but is this really a water tight guarantee?

When I mentioned the before and after photos, I did mean where you can see their faces! That was the point I was trying to make.

I remember someone mentioned that thay wrote to Lucasfilm to get a full list of actors and extras that worked on each movie but they said it would be a huge expense to compile those lists from their records. Im sure it would be more difficult for the old trilogy and even as we have seen with the prequels there was a running trend for select people to be recalled to each film to play different roles, may take a while to decipher who did what and where! If they are listed on convention-guests or confirmed by Kurtz/Joiner/Lucasfilm archives then I think its safe to say they are genuine.

Everyone else I would say is a fake! I wonder if convention-guests do a verification service? Has anyone asked them?

Edited by Dannyboy

There isn't any solid evidence that some of these performers actually appeared in any of the films (e.g. written documentation) and several attempts to get hold of these papers has proved unsuccessful. Also your point about looking at before and after pictures doesn't make much sense when there are many artistes hidden under masks. Yes, an artiste could recount stories of working on set etc... but is this really a water tight guarantee?

Okay with the exception of A NEW HOPE, were there specific guests on the previous or upcomming Empire Day where you thought they were 'economical with the truth' in who they are or what they did?

Sadly the Kurtz Joiner archive does not hold documentation relating to the walk on and supporting artistes who were employed on all three of the original films.

So you know what is and what isnt in the Archive? :WINCE:

• Showmasters Admin

Sadly the Kurtz Joiner archive does not hold documentation relating to the walk on and supporting artistes who were employed on all three of the original films.

THATS ABSOLUTLY RIGHT STEVIEGR WE ONLY HAVE DOCUMENTS FOR THE 1ST TWO STAR WARS FILMS AS MR KURTZ ONLY PRODUCED THESE FILMS

I THINK WE HAVE PROVEN OURSELVES IN THE PAST. I THINK ITS NICE THESE PEOPLE ARE BEING RECOGNISED FOR THE WORK THAT THEY HAVE DONE, RATHER THAN BEING LOST IN OBSCURITY

YOURS

JASON JOINER THE KURTZ/JOINER ARCHIVE

Dear Jason,

Thank you for your response. Would you be kind enough to e-mail me at: - I have some information for you.

Stephen

THATS ABSOLUTLY RIGHT STEVIEGR WE ONLY HAVE DOCUMENTS FOR THE 1ST TWO STAR WARS FILMS AS MR KURTZ ONLY PRODUCED THESE FILMS

I THINK WE HAVE PROVEN OURSELVES IN THE PAST. I THINK ITS NICE THESE PEOPLE ARE BEING RECOGNISED FOR THE WORK THAT THEY HAVE DONE, RATHER THAN BEING LOST IN OBSCURITY

YOURS

JASON JOINER THE KURTZ/JOINER ARCHIVE

Edited by steviegr

• Showmasters Admin

"Dear Jason,

I think that it is most discourteous of you to not reply to my e-mail which included some sensitive confidential information about contact details of actors. It also smacks of unprofessionalism. Would it be possible for you to contact me directly?"

Stephen

well steviegr

i have a lot on with a show in 3 days but i did email you but you have not got back to me this time

so maybe next time you want to have a pop at me on here you will understand that we all have a lot on and do not get back to every email and mesage so we are the same as you on this

jason

Dear Mr. Jason Vincent Joiner,

To be honest, I just couldn't be bothered to respond to you. After several e-mails and sending you some confidential guest information about several performers, not to mention London based actors' agents who've been trying to get in touch with you - I just decided that you weren't worth it!

Hey, guys, maybe you should open up a seperate thread to clubber each other like that, huh? This is supposed to be fun.

I do not think the purpose of this forum is to battle personal fueds.

Shall we get back on topic, then?

Mark Kirby: Rebel Trooper in Star Wars

Mr Kirby said that he was in the very first scene in ANH kneeling

down on the floor when the Stormtroopers blast the door, and laying

dead as Vader comes through the door.

mark_kirby01.jpg

Michael,

It might be a good idea to replace this photo as I believe this is NOT Mr Kirby.

I do believe you have the correct image on the Empire Day site though.

Mark Kirby: Stormtrooper in Star Wars

PICTURE COMING SOON

I have a question and I don't mean to sound cynical or anything, but how do you find out about all these stormtroopers, or more to the point, prove they actually were? Just wondering as there seem to be lots showing up recently. Wondering also if anyone has actually ran out of room on a poseter recently with all these new additions!