One week to go...

swsigsuk

• Moderators

With just 7 days until the show kicks off, how are your preparations coming along for this event?

I've finally got all the figures and photos I need together in one place, now its just a case of going through and deciding where to have each item signed, what pen to use etc. (Yes I am that sad!)

I can't wait for this event, its not every day you get to add 13 new names to your collection! Really looking forward to the guest talks too, its always great to hear how our favourite series of movies came into being so humbly back in 1976...

See you all there, and may the force be with you!

Graham

In exactly 7 days to the minute I will be getting ready to leave home for my two and half hour drive to goto my second Empire Day (1st one was ED15).

As each guest has been announced I have typed up a new sheet for my folder. Each sheet has the event name, date, location, guest and character name and a space for me to add my photo with them I will take on the day. On the next page the sticky photo cornors are already in place for their autograph picture.

This event will make my collection 34 strong in only 3 showmaster events + 1 other.

I have assembled my music ready for the drive - The Ep1 & 4 soundtracks (Just to put me in the mood!)

You are not the only sad one SWSIGSUK.

And hey for the ANH guests it's 30 years this year! ;):dance::dance:

Getting very exited too and I have not even started to find

the stuff Im going to bring yet - I have a pretty good idea but

still I allways find more than I plan to bring.

Saturday morning and im off to UK for the event - see you

there Graham!

Too anyone else see you sunday ....

Hr N.

For me, the week will probably go fast! I'm in the mids of putting in new bathrooms and my house currently looks a bit like Beirut! But I've got all my stuff ready and have already booked the Eurostar Ticket.

The Belgian company is ready for Empire Day 17! We will be needing over 250 autographs :-)

but when youve done everything else and still stuck its not so funny

Ive said before as a suggestion if someone has 40/ 50 oddthings to get signed and no queue then fair enough but if the queue starts then maybe the one with lots of items should come back. At least splitting the signing is fairer not have all their items signed in one go.

obiton

For me, the week will probably go fast! I'm in the mids of putting in new bathrooms and my house currently looks a bit like Beirut! But I've got all my stuff ready and have already booked the Eurostar Ticket.

The Belgian company is ready for Empire Day 17! We will be needing over 250 autographs :-)

I can confirm the Beirut-look ! :blink:

(although I'm not sure is a very pc-thing to say right now ...)

Itll be a good day im sure, wonder what the reason was for MP cancelling

Another note, if you goto the Star Wars page on Convention Guests they have posted some group stills from the prequel and the sequel trilogies and asking if anyone knows the guys in them. Never noticed those before!