Weirdest conversation with a guest?

jamielynch2

Mine was when I met John Barrowman at LFACC and I asked him what his favourite type of cheese was. He said he was going to give me a very rude answer. Then my dad said as a joke that he didn't understand and Barrowman replied 'come behind that screen and i will show you' - and now i am emotionally scarred lol. He also went on about the cheese being very smelly. I got the whole convo on video as well.

Mine was weird and amusing. When I met Billy Boyd I was amazed as he was the first person ever to pronounce my name correctly from the spelling of it. Of course not thinking I told him this and he replied with 'but it has the thingy one it' and my reply being 'yeah but people tend to ignore the thingy or don't know what the thingy is' Que Billy with 'how can they ignore the thingy'. I guess 'the thingy' must be a Scottish thing.

And to make me blush even more about this my good friend Silverlady happened to be his PA and although she didn't know me then she remembered me! Good thing you love me eh hon!

Was just wondering if anyone had any weird conversations with guests over the years? My personal favourite is once I had a conversation with Robert Picardo about an octopus.. Quite strange really looking back on it.. Anyone got any others??:headscratch:

Me and the girlfriend talked to Heather Langkamp for almost an hour at Autographica at the drinks party.

We talked about everything from waffles to a guy who turned up and got 108 signatures from her which she couldnt believe.

Fantastic person and I hope she returns one day. She said she cant get work at the moment anywhere which I hope changes, shes great.

The other conversation there which sticks in the memory was not only Harvey Stevens telling us about how he thinks the Omen curse is pretty much a crock, but Cliffton James, we talked with him for a while about Elephants............he told us the story in Live and Let Die about when the baby Elephant nudges him into the river it was actually done by accident but was so funny they kept it in. Then we spent 20 minutes talking about.................Elephants. That was weird. :poki:

In fact I am going to add, that this Autographica was easily the best Collectables event I have ever been to. It was fantastic. I vented disappointment over the next Autographica line-up but I think to equal that event with Buzz, Ursula and the others where we could play Roulette with them, have drinks with them etc........was always going to be a tall order and it is unrivaled to date. It was fantastic and an experience I wont forget. Buzz Aldrin is a nice chap and sure to have a signed picture is memorable but to actually speak on a social level is worth far more to me personally.

Edited by rich5wolves

i got asked by Chris Sabat (vegeta from DBZ) if i was the "illustrious batgirl" because i was wearing a top with a batman logo on it, to which i replied "i don't think so"...

i also got laughed at by graig parker for not being able to spell my own name :D

Mine was weird and amusing. When I met Billy Boyd I was amazed as he was the first person ever to pronounce my name correctly from the spelling of it. Of course not thinking I told him this and he replied with 'but it has the thingy one it' and my reply being 'yeah but people tend to ignore the thingy or don't know what the thingy is' Que Billy with 'how can they ignore the thingy'. I guess 'the thingy' must be a Scottish thing.

And to make me blush even more about this my good friend Silverlady happened to be his PA and although she didn't know me then she remembered me! Good thing you love me eh hon!

Absolutely hun ... and it's your fault for having a 'thingy' in your name! :D

Absolutely hun ... and it's your fault for having a 'thingy' in your name! :P

A thingy??? I'm probably just being a tad dim here but i'm scottish and I have no idea what a thingy is :D:D

Two strange conversations for me.

The first happened at the very first LFACC with Adam West. He'd been signing autos and having his picture taken by everyone in the queue ahead of me. Just before my mum and dad reached him, a sign was put up stating that he wouldn't have any photos taken. Fair enough I suppose, it's happened before. My parents got their photos and items signed by him and it was my turn. There weren't any problems with him signing the first photo, then suddenly things get weird. I presented the second photo I'd chosen and Mr West started muttering something under his breath. Then i asked him if he'd mind signing my 12" promo single of the Batman theme tune. I'm always polite with guests, I appreciate the fact that they've travelled to an event and am glad to meet them. Anyway he turns to his manager and says something again in a low voice. He then tells me that he has to personalise every item and photo that he signs. Again, a fair point, but now comes the best bit. When I tell him my name's Anthony he looked at me, looked at his manager again and sighed. He then asked my why I insisted on causing him psychological prioblems! I was totally lost for words, thanked him for taking the time to sign my things and then left as quickly as possible! :D

The second conversation was with Brent Spiner at G-Mex 1, when he asked me how effective Beech-Hams powders were against colds because he wasn't feeling well, and then asked where the best place to buy some was.

Two strange conversations for me.

The first happened at the very first LFACC with Adam West. He'd been signing autos and having his picture taken by everyone in the queue ahead of me. Just before my mum and dad reached him, a sign was put up stating that he wouldn't have any photos taken. Fair enough I suppose, it's happened before. My parents got their photos and items signed by him and it was my turn. There weren't any problems with him signing the first photo, then suddenly things get weird. I presented the second photo I'd chosen and Mr West started muttering something under his breath. Then i asked him if he'd mind signing my 12" promo single of the Batman theme tune. I'm always polite with guests, I appreciate the fact that they've travelled to an event and am glad to meet them. Anyway he turns to his manager and says something again in a low voice. He then tells me that he has to personalise every item and photo that he signs. Again, a fair point, but now comes the best bit. When I tell him my name's Anthony he looked at me, looked at his manager again and sighed. He then asked my why I insisted on causing him psychological prioblems! I was totally lost for words, thanked him for taking the time to sign my things and then left as quickly as possible! :chair:

The second conversation was with Brent Spiner at G-Mex 1, when he asked me how effective Beech-Hams powders were against colds because he wasn't feeling well, and then asked where the best place to buy some was.

That sounds like the Adam West from Family Guy! I'm reminded of the scene where he thinks someone is stealing his water!

A thingy??? I'm probably just being a tad dim here but i'm scottish and I have no idea what a thingy is :D:dance:

the thingy being referred to was an acute thats above my name changing the sound of the 'a' so instead of using the proper word I always use the word 'thingy' as has most people i've come across.

A thingy??? I'm probably just being a tad dim here but i'm scottish and I have no idea what a thingy is :wub::D

the thingy being referred to was an acute thats above my name changing the sound of the 'a' so instead of using the proper word I always use the word 'thingy' as has most people i've come across.

Fairy nuff :D Isn't the acute a french thing though?? I was trying to think if there was any of that sort of thing in the Gaelic but I couldn't think of anything hence the dimwitted confusion lol

Fairy nuff :wub: Isn't the acute a french thing though?? I was trying to think if there was any of that sort of thing in the Gaelic but I couldn't think of anything hence the dimwitted confusion lol

Yup you are right the acute is of French origin. I should have actually structured my response better, when I said a Scottish thing I meant the reference to 'thingy, thingymabob, whachamacryit' as its a rare occasion where i've heard it elsewhere.

See what happens when you sneak on the PC when you should be working and don't have time!

Fairy nuff :wub: Isn't the acute a french thing though?? I was trying to think if there was any of that sort of thing in the Gaelic but I couldn't think of anything hence the dimwitted confusion lol

Yup you are right the acute is of French origin. I should have actually structured my response better, when I said a Scottish thing I meant the reference to 'thingy, thingymabob, whachamacryit' as its a rare occasion where i've heard it elsewhere.

See what happens when you sneak on the PC when you should be working and don't have time!

Aww bless ya, I do that too which is why my spelling is often awful lol

I get what you mean now with thingy. I love Thingymabob but my personal favourite is Doohicky. I use that word far too often and no-one ever knows what I'm trying to say lol

Edited by Magenta_Jan