Some one BIG!

whip_pie

i think its great getting all the stormtroopers etc - it means i can fill my posters :blink: ...but can we please have a fairly large guest? never been to one of these before but seen the past guests and there has been some really good ones!

would be great if we could get....

Mike Edmonds

Caroline Blakiston

Gary Kurtz

Stuart Freeborn (prob to old)

Kay Freeborn

Peter Burroughs

Michael Carter

Andrew Secombe

• Moderators

Yeah it is a smaller more quiet event aimed at the more specific/completist Star Wars collector.

To be honest if they were to get a bigger SW guest they'd go to one of the other events I'd imagine.

Yes, Peter was at the last Empire Day as a surprise guest.

Michael Pennington is BIG in a sense, but like stated before, Empire Day is mostly about those 'obscure small part' guest stars.

For the big stars, you'll probaby have to look into attending one of the Collectormania shows or London Film & Comic Con.

you can get most of them at most other shows, what I found great about the last empire day was that the guests were amazed that we wanted to met them.

Some had some great stories to tell from when they worked on starwars, plus as it was most of them 1st show you could tell most were excited about it all

Jason

Pennington is a BIG announcement as he is one of the most wanted signers in a long time and this is his first ever public signing. It could also be the only one he does

im pretty sure this isnt penningtons first sigining as I already have him and I only get autos in person.

but as I have been doing this for 15 or so years I cant remember where he attended.

one I would love is Stuart and Kay Freeborn.

Pennington is a BIG announcement as he is one of the most wanted signers in a long time and this is his first ever public signing. It could also be the only one he does

im pretty sure this isnt penningtons first sigining as I already have him and I only get autos in person.

but as I have been doing this for 15 or so years I cant remember where he attended.

one I would love is Stuart and Kay Freeborn.

You could be right, of course, but I've been doing it for the same amount of years and have no record of Mr Pennington ever attending a show, either in Europe or in the US.

I did do a private signing with Mr Pennington in May 2003 through a friend in London. But a show? I do not believe so.

"Some one BIG!"

Jabba the Hutt?

Come on, someone must have been thinking of him? Sure, he has not had many roles recently, but considering that he was in three of the films (and was mentioned in a fourth) he would make a great guest.

Paul

I think the current trend is to get newer guests that maybe havnt attended a proper convention before. Most collectors already have the BIG guests' autos. So, considering the majority target base and in the name of variety this show if for guests you maybe havnt met before. :poki: