Why is SM booking fashion models too sign?

:babybuffness:

i thought that showmasters was about letting people meet their inspirations and idols?

sleazy, cheap, dirty magazine models??

if they got were they are by sleeping around on cam

Firstly, Showmasters is about giving people the opportunity to meet people from the entertainment industry and not necessarily "didols" (which looks more like a typo for "dildos" than "idols" btw, I think you're getting worse).

Secondly, those aren't your opinions, they are potentially libellous and certainly unnecessarily derogatory remarks about people you have never met.

Ok, I stand corrected.

You've bought a crap hat and gained weight since the other photo was taken.

I apologise for my earlier comment.

i thought that showmasters was about letting people meet their inspirations and idols? yet they invite bikini models and fashion models to sign? yes they might be pretty and rake in the cash from the men, but they have become famous for being pretty, something that you shouldnt judge a person on. you never see a ugly bikini model do you? no. so people who go may feel threatened or ugly. Nobody should be made too feelk like that. It's like inviting Jordan, shes famous for having big t*ts. Well done!! big cheer!! but where have the REAL inspirations an didols gone...like Sean connery, maralyn monroe, Christopher lee, Sir Ian McKellen...why arent we trying too book them instead of booking sleazy, cheap, dirty magazine models?? Im not saying that the models arent lovely, im sure they have great personalitys under all the slap and im sure they will have a proper conversation inbetween applying theyre lipgloss. If society has come to this, worshipping "fashion" models then what chance do we have of surviving the future? Im just expressing my oppinion, im sure many of you have different ones, scene as though no two people are the same. So please express yours in this thread.

xXx kegan xXx

If I could be bothered to read through that I'd talk about how ridiculous 'this o people who go may feel threatened or ugly. Nobody should be made too feelk like that' statement is because practically every guest is pretty *sigh* Joe Flanigan...what was I talking about again? Or how this sentence 'sleeping around on cam ' is just plain offensive - or has Kays catalogue really changed that much over the years? :WINCE:

Or really how ironic this statement is 'but when a girl gets jumped for expressing herself then god help us all' when aren't you actually just doing exactly the same things to models?

But as I said, can't be bothered so I'll just say dude, buy a capital letter already. And man, 'didols' has got to be one of the most unfortunate typos I've ever seen.

Im trying not to be personal, but I think this young girl just vented without thinking she would get any real opposition. Unfortunately, her need to prove herself to Yvie about her looks just shows that she herself may be hung up on looks, which is a shame, after her supposed standpoint on the matter. Although I can understand the point that models can influence a young generation (of which you are a member?), the post was very inflammatory, and to ask opinions and then say you didn't ask for them is bound to get a reaction! I have worked with children and do understand that they can be affected by magazines, but if you feel that way, boycott them entirely, bring no attention to them. Just an opinion. :)

P.S. You have Playboy Bunny logos on the site you put in your sig..!

Edited by liamsgirl

...like Sean connery, maralyn monroe, Christopher lee, Sir Ian McKellen...why arent we trying too book them

Are you sure you meant to include Marilyn Monroe in that list? Cos, you know, booking her might be a bit tricky... :YAHOO:

lol just a bit!! no, i mean shes a big star or, you know, was.

x

x

x

lol :YAHOO:

Mind you, if SM really can work that kind of thing, can I put in a vote for Billy Fury please? :dance:

I'd like to put in a vote for Brandon Lee then too please :thumbup:

i thought that showmasters was about letting people meet their inspirations and idols?

sleazy, cheap, dirty magazine models??

if they got were they are by sleeping around on cam

Firstly, Showmasters is about giving people the opportunity to meet people from the entertainment industry and not necessarily "didols" (which looks more like a typo for "dildos" than "idols" btw, I think you're getting worse).

Secondly, those aren't your opinions, they are potentially libellous and certainly unnecessarily derogatory remarks about people you have never met.

Ok, I stand corrected.

You've bought a crap hat and gained weight since the other photo was taken.

I apologise for my earlier comment.

first of all you seem too be a bit of a bitch - im sorry im sure im going to get alot of s*** for saying that but your not a very nice person are you? and also you shouldnt make coments like that because one day itll come back and bite you in the bottom!

paris hilton got famous because yeh, her daddys a billionaire but also because she did that dirty little fil "a night in paris" - i avent seen it and i dont want to!! but loads of people know about it because it was all over the news.!!! ((that was an example before you decide to critisise that aswell))

And a fair enough example that is, but surely that doesn't make it right to bundle all the models that have attended SM events into the same group alongside don't read, mods please delete stars and Paris Hilton and stuff like that? I mean, do you truly have a strong idea about their resumes or is it just an idea you have about all "models" ?

no way! one of my best mates is a model. its not a collective opinion! i just dont agree with the ones who use sex too get famous.

Edited by :babybuffness:

i thought that showmasters was about letting people meet their inspirations and idols? yet they invite bikini models and fashion models to sign?

Someone sounds jelouse :thumbup:

To some people, they might very well be idols..to others, they may only want to meet them for their looks..

Some people might miss them completly because they go home at noon on sunday :dance: *not bitter honest*

Doesnt actually work unless your a member of that site ;) And while its never been appealing to me anyway *says the person on myspace*, since I heard the story about 13 year old girls in their undies, ive kinda stayed well away from it :YAHOO:

paris hilton got famous because yeh, her daddys a billionaire but also because she did that dirty little fil "a night in paris"

Actually, that was never filmed as a direct don't read, mods please delete movie..it was originally meant to be a personal private home video between a girl and her man, only said man split up with girl and in revenge decided to sell video to everyone and everywhere..

And man, 'didols' has got to be one of the most unfortunate typos I've ever seen.

Hehehehe!!! :YAHOO:

Long live glamour models at events!

i thought that showmasters was about letting people meet their inspirations and idols? yet they invite bikini models and fashion models to sign? yes they might be pretty and rake in the cash from the men, but they have become famous for being pretty, something that you shouldnt judge a person on.

Since the moving pictures began, Hollywood has turned out any numbers of "actors" and "actresses" whose acting skills were questionable to microscopic, but became stars because they looked good. Look at the number of big-budget high profile leading roles Tom Cruise has had. Compare that to how many such roles Harry Dean Stanton has had. Is that because Cruise is a hugely better actor than Stanton? I don't think so! Being pretty is a big part of the movies and TV. As such, these models with small film/TV resumes are following a long tradition. (Indeed, there's an argument that if they're not great actresses, then by perhaps maximising their earnings from their appearance, rather than their acting, they may be being smart, and may also be doing us a favour by sparing us some dodgy acting. That's just a theory however, as I'm really not familiar with their acting work). Anyway, they are nothing new or offensive in the annals of showbusiness.

you never see a ugly bikini model do you? no. so people who go may feel threatened or ugly. Nobody should be made too feelk like that.

If I'm an aspiring actor, might I not feel threatened or crap because of the acting prowess of the guests? Should people be made to feel like that?

I'm an ugly mofo, and if I was going to feel threatened by people who were prettier than me, I'd never go out. People who feel threatened by people prettier than them shouldn't impose their problems on anyone else. (Where would it end? What if the guests felt threatened or ugly because of pretty punters? "Come to CM10! - only minging munters and certified swampdonkeys allowed")

It's like inviting Jordan, shes famous for having big t*ts. Well done!! big cheer!!

She can come across as common as muck and pretty dumb, but she's accrued a hell of a lot of cash. One might think that accomplishing a very comfy lifestyle from no apparent talent might make her the idol of illiterate chavs...

<bitchy and defamatory staements removed>

If society has come to this, worshipping "fashion" models then what chance do we have of surviving the future?

Don't see any "worship". And at least these ladies are earning decent money and paying a healthy wedge of tax for the national good. How does the future of the country look if we're relying on hordes of "gangsta gyals" to make a positive contribution to society?

Im just expressing my oppinion

That's as maybe, but I'll agree with Yvie B; some of the allegations and generalisations you've made could land you in legal hot water.

first of all you seem too be a bit of a bitch - im sorry im sure im going to get alot of s*** for saying that but your not a very nice person are you? and also you shouldnt make coments like that because one day itll come back and bite you in the bottom!

Only a bit? I'm losing my touch :dance:

I come across as a bitch because I have the balls to stand up for myself and my friends.

I don't hide behind hyperbole and I have conviction in my beliefs.

I believe idiocy in all its forms should be banned from public forums and that if my taxes go towards paying the NHS to fix people after DIY accidents then we should just tax the stupid people.

I believe that you shouldn't be given blood if you don't donate (without good reason) and that, in most cases, testosterone is not a hormone but a disability.

I believe most Tesco shoppers should be given complimentary car-parking lessons and that £1 coins evaporate in my purse.

I believe that children are our... no, wait, that got in there by accident.

I believe that what goes around comes around and that the grass is never really greener on the other side.

But most of all, I believe that if you're incapable of stringing a sentence together, whether expressing an opinion or not, you should be careful about what you say about people you know nothing about.

one of my best mates is a model. its not a collective opinion! i just dont agree with the ones who use sex too get famous.

Prove that comment is founded in truth and I'll gladly apologise. I'd actually be happy to admit defeat and I'd do it graciously if you could prove that the models in question used sex to get famous. Incidentally, your own phrase "use sex" negates any argument wherein they utilise only their sexuality unless actual fornication occurred and furthered their careers as a direct result.

I come across as a bitch? You come across as an idiot. End of.

Oh, and incidentally:

Kay?

Cool.

:thumbup:

Kay?

Cool.

:YAHOO:

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery :YAHOO:

Only a bit? I'm losing my touch :dance:

I come across as a bitch because I have the balls to stand up for myself and my friends.

I don't hide behind hyperbole and I have conviction in my beliefs.

I believe idiocy in all its forms should be banned from public forums and that if my taxes go towards paying the NHS to fix people after DIY accidents then we should just tax the stupid people.

I believe that you shouldn't be given blood if you don't donate (without good reason) and that, in most cases, testosterone is not a hormone but a disability.

I believe most Tesco shoppers should be given complimentary car-parking lessons and that £1 coins evaporate in my purse.

I believe that children are our... no, wait, that got in there by accident.

I believe that what goes around comes around and that the grass is never really greener on the other side.

But most of all, I believe that if you're incapable of stringing a sentence together, whether expressing an opinion or not, you should be careful about what you say about people you know nothing about.

one of my best mates is a model. its not a collective opinion! i just dont agree with the ones who use sex too get famous.

Prove that comment is founded in truth and I'll gladly apologise. I'd actually be happy to admit defeat and I'd do it graciously if you could prove that the models in question used sex to get famous. Incidentally, your own phrase "use sex" negates any argument wherein they utilise only their sexuality unless actual fornication occurred and furthered their careers as a direct result.

I come across as a bitch? You come across as an idiot. End of.

Oh, and incidentally:

Kay?

Cool.

:thumbup:

Kay?

Cool.

:YAHOO:

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery :YAHOO:

really? well you took it the wrong way.

You seem to be confusing fashion and glamour modelling. Either way, I don't agree, it's all part of the entertainment industry. You should have enough confidence in yourself not to feel threatened.

Well said! :blink:

At the end of the day if you have the confidence you can do anything you want to in this world! If my 5 year old continues the way she does, she'll go a long way. She's as confident as anything. She has no prejudice with anyone and treats everyone equally. Regardless of their race, colour, creed, disability, job etc. But maybe that's because I've taught her that way. She's an intelligent little girl who's actually got an old head on young shoulders!

Seems to me Babybuffness you could learn alot from a five year old. :WINCE:

I have no problem with the glamour models - whatever industry they be in. I know alot of people who work as lapdancers, poledancers, models etc. I know people who work in the don&#39;t read, mods please delete industry. Does that make them bad? No, in fact everyone I know is sweet, hard-working, confident etc. In fact, not all of them are anorexic or beautiful. It's what is inside a person that counts.

Now my little rant is over, I'm off to pack for the weekend. Stay shiny people :D

I'm a huge great blubbery sci-fi fan who regularly spends large amounts of money at SM events. If only the pretty people are going to be allowed in then expect SM to go bankrupt soon.

For those of us grounded in reality, this thread seems like someones way of trying to justify themself without having to pay out for a therapist. On the extremely rare occasions that Glamour models have attended an SM event it has always been on the basis of work other than their modelling.

Get over your hang ups and for God's sake spend less time ranting like some middle-aged prude and more time practising important things like spelling and punctuation.

Nuff said.

End of.

i thought that showmasters was about letting people meet their inspirations and idols? yet they invite bikini models and fashion models to sign? yes they might be pretty and rake in the cash from the men, but they have become famous for being pretty, something that you shouldnt judge a person on. you never see a ugly bikini model do you? no. so people who go may feel threatened or ugly. Nobody should be made too feelk like that. It's like inviting Jordan, shes famous for having big t*ts. Well done!! big cheer!! but where have the REAL inspirations an didols gone...like Sean connery, maralyn monroe, Christopher lee, Sir Ian McKellen...why arent we trying too book them instead of booking sleazy, cheap, dirty magazine models?? Im not saying that the models arent lovely, im sure they have great personalitys under all the slap and im sure they will have a proper conversation inbetween applying theyre lipgloss. If society has come to this, worshipping "fashion" models then what chance do we have of surviving the future? Im just expressing my oppinion, im sure many of you have different ones, scene as though no two people are the same. So please express yours in this thread.

xXx kegan xXx

Your whole idea that you cannot judge a person by their looks is naiive. Hollywood, including the biggest names out there, is attractive. Pitt, Jolie, Cruise.......all considered to be good looking people, do you honestly think they would be as popular as they are if they were ugly and just based on their acting ability........? Looks does come into it, ok granted these models rely only on looks but if you've got it then why not........... I have to say I think this thread is a load of rubbish. I dont think SM should base their decision whether to have bikini models at their events because it makes others feel ugly........ Its like saying people look at them with envy and are jealous of their figures.

Personally I like to see them there but not if they replace other guests who would have been coming.

My girlfriend doesnt mind them being there, and thats not because she is thin etc........ she just doesnt have an inferiority complex like you are suggesting some people might.

I can understand that you'd rather see Sean Connery than a model no-ones heard of but saying they cannot appear at these events because of the way they look is is descriminative.

If looks truly dont matter as you say......then why find fault with someone who happens to be gifted with good looks and can make a career out of it?

Edited by rich5wolves

• Moderators

I would just like to ask have sm anounced any glamour/fashion models for C10 as i cant find any reference to it on the forum or website.

If the answer is no what is babybuffnes going on about.

I think she just got round to commenting on previous guests, not this event :blink:

• Showmasters Admin

"they were invited by an artist rather than directly by SM." TRUE

So no guests were hurt or were stopped from attending the show!

Exploitation....YES we all suffer from this especially me when they do not pack a spoon with my beans at KFC when I get a take away! WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO THEN? Its not fair others get a spoon why me?

Pretty people VS ugly people we all get ugly and the pretty people are only pretty for a short time and then have to live the rest of ther lives knowing what it was like to be pretty and knowing that that feeling will never come back!

"So pitty the pretty people" they will need your sympothy in the future!

SEX!!!! Oh thats a naughty word!! Trade it.... Sell it.... Buy it...... Give it away, its out there and no one can stop it 'which is a good thing' :blink:

As to freedom of speech, I agree we should all have the right to that and on that note I am locking this thread as its getting insulting to people that can not answer back, and if they came on here 'which some do ' would be upset or offended

So no to freedom of speech IM SO HYPERCRITICAL!!!

One last thing about this subject.... THEY ARE NOT HURTING ANYBODY so if you are not interested then take no notice, I did when it came to hanson and in the end thay went away!!!

Jason the most lovely looking man in the would, except Shabs...HATE HIM' HATE

HIM' :WINCE: