Brandon Routh announced at *****

bundyse

I am not going to insult Burt Reynolds as he has done more in his life than i will ever do in mine

And showmasters are all fluffy

And i do not come on here and insult guests in a public forum where guests can read things that my offend or upset them

I am a good member of this fourm

Mannequin

Edited by showmasters

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyway surely getting Burt Reynolds and Elijah Wood twice (just as examples) proves that taking risks and going for slightly higher calibre guests CAN be successful.

At least they are open to the idea of trying.

NO OFFENCE but burt reynolds is a washed up has been,elijah is type cast as frodo,brandon is the current big star slight difference mate

Well no offence but Burt Reynold's resumé compared to some of the guests we've had is of an exceptional calibre and he's one of the best guests they've had.

And 'type cast'? Lord of the Rings was one of the biggest movies at the time, just like Superman Returns is one of the biggest at the moment. Elijah has been in more movies than Brandon, plus LotR actually won awards etc so there's no 'big difference' whatsoever.

Couldn't agrree more on Oscar Nominee Burt Reynolds!!!

Hello, does anyone else at this event over the weekend remember the name of the stall selling force fx lightsabers and wall mounted lightsaber stands. want to know if the will be at Mk or G-MEX or if the have a website. thanx GW

The Cinema Store???

I personally don't think Routh is that big a catch. Sure he's a star at the moment cos of that one movie role (which under-performed at the box office and who's sequel is still in not a definate as a result) but it is after all just the one movie that people have heard of. I wouldn't even call him A list.

Hello, does anyone else at this event over the weekend remember the name of the stall selling force fx lightsabers and wall mounted lightsaber stands. want to know if the will be at Mk or G-MEX or if the have a website. thanx GW
WTMF?! Edited by nicky

TIME WILL TELL IF HE COMES OR NOT..

BUT FINGERS CROSS HE WILL TURN UP :(

BUT AT LEASE WE KNOW HE'S INTERESTED IN DOING THEM OR HE WOULDN'T HAVE SIGNED UP FOR IT.

HERE HOPING FOR ANOTHER AUTOGRAPH IN MY SMALL SUPER-HEROE COLLECTION :WINCE:

HINT HINT

• Moderators

I personally don't think Routh is that big a catch. Sure he's a star at the moment cos of that one movie role (which under-performed at the box office and who's sequel is still in not a definate as a result) but it is after all just the one movie that people have heard of. I wouldn't even call him A list.

I think that's the key though - just like getting Elijah in the middle of the LOTR phenomenon, getting Brandon now is very good timing I think, even if SR did underperform compared to POTC2 or whatever. Superman is still a very iconic role.

I think that's the key though - just like getting Elijah in the middle of the LOTR phenomenon, getting Brandon now is very good timing I think, even if SR did underperform compared to POTC2 or whatever. Superman is still a very iconic role.

Couldn't have put it better myself.

WTMF?!

most actors who do these signings are not A list.

they have mainly appeared in a successful tv series / movies or are in cult horror / sci-fi / fantasy

and only one or two charactors to their name

I personally don't think Routh is that big a catch.. I wouldn't even call him A list.
most actors who do these signings are not A list.they have mainly appeared in a successful tv series / movies or are in cult horror / sci-fi / fantasy and only one or two charactors to their name
Yes, 99% of the guests are not A list, I was merely expressing surprise that someone thought Routh as being out of SM's league as if he were A list. Edited by nicky

I personally don't think Routh is that big a catch.. I wouldn't even call him A list.
most actors who do these signings are not A list.they have mainly appeared in a successful tv series / movies or are in cult horror / sci-fi / fantasy and only one or two charactors to their name
Yes, 99% of the guests are not A list, I was merely expressing surprise that someone thought Routh as being out of SM's league as if he were A list.

i agree with you :D

Anyway surely getting Burt Reynolds and Elijah Wood twice (just as examples) proves that taking risks and going for slightly higher calibre guests CAN be successful.

At least they are open to the idea of trying.

NO OFFENCE but burt reynolds is a washed up has been,elijah is type cast as frodo,brandon is the current big star slight difference mate

he will cancel 2 weeks b4 the show MARK MY WORDS G/TEED
You sound like you have some kinda personal vendetta towards SM...

not at all mate im really looking forward to meeting robert englund and any star wars guests that attend at gmex2 and had a great time at gmex1 im just being realistic

How is Elijah typecast then? Have you heard of Greenstreet or Everything is Illuminated (sp). They may be small, independent movies but they are COMPLETELY different to Frodo and show ELijah's range. And small movies is exactly what Elijah wanted to do after starring in such massive films and good luck to him.

Can we get back to celebrating the fact that BRANDON ROUTH :o is coming to G-Mex!!!! :D

Ok if he cancels, he cancels. So what? I'm sure neither the show nor my life will be severely damaged because of it. I think he's a fantastic guest and he's most definately top of my list to get (along with Miranda) at the show. So come on negative people :o go on .... you know you want to!! :D

How is Elijah typecast then? Have you heard of Greenstreet or Everything is Illuminated (sp).
I think what your man is saying is that Elijah's Woody is best known for Frodo and is stereotyped rather than typecast. Edited by nicky

maybe Im dreaming but do u think its possible to have a photo session with him in costume? :D
Why him? Is it cos of the iconic costume? I mean no one lese has ever asked this for any other guest before.

actually, IIRC it was asked for elijah to be frodo, and it was asked for robert englund to wear the glove...

it shouldn't be a surprise for 'in costume' shots to be asked for, but i doubt if its practical.

1. he's either gonna have to sit there all day in it - might not be comfortable - or he'll need to change, which is gonna reduce further signing times

2. it hasn't been done for any other guest - except, IIRC, englund and the glove, which is easier to accomplish since its a small prop, not a ful costume.

just my thoughts :YAHOO: