Dedications and photos

Lodsy

My one suggestion for this event, apart from guests, is to please no restriction on guests dedicating items or being allowed to photograph the guests as they sign. Also it would be appreciated by many fans (although obviously not all) to restrict the number of items signed by one person - but of course if there's money to be made....

Looking forward to hearing the dates and guests.

Thanks Jason and Co - I'm already getting far too excited about this already!

My one suggestion for this event, apart from guests, is to please no restriction on guests dedicating items or being allowed to photograph the guests as they sign. Also it would be appreciated by many fans (although obviously not all) to restrict the number of items signed by one person - but of course if there's money to be made....

oh bugger, that was supposed to go on the "suggestions..." topic!

Im with you on the restriction thing, I remember being behind a guy last time wanting some 40 odd items signed , I only wanted 1.

If it is over 10, the items should be left with the guest until queue's are non existant.

obiton

If I can recall the last edition, we most of the time were standing at a booth were no other people were waiting... Considering the current number of actors attending, you can always move to another booth if one is occupied with a guy that needs 40 sigs!

• 3 weeks later...

I think the idea is to ask the guest first if they mind being photographed signing. Its just courtesy as its not very pleasant having a photo taken without being asked. Theres also a law about that too! consent should be gotten first.

Im sure most guests wont mind you taking photos as long as you dont be irritating and a hindrance to other collectors in the queue.

Dont forget your manners! :dance:

• Showmasters Admin

I'm not sure if you're talking about Empire Day or Celebration Europe. I have feeling you're talking about CE.

At ED I'm unaware of SM making any restrictions on guests dedicating items or on the taking of photos. I certainly saw no signs nor as a member of crew was I ever asked to restricted either.

But as I say I think you're requesting this for the big CE event. For which restrictions on both (or either) may need to be enforced by SM or the other organisers (don't forget SM are only a part of this, they are not 100% running it) on bigger guests to ensure everyone gets seen.

Edited by Too Tall

I'm not sure if you're talking about Empire Day or Celebration Europe. I have feeling you're talking about CE.

At ED I'm unaware of SM making any restrictions on guests dedicating items or on the taking of photos. I certainly saw no signs nor as a member of crew was I ever asked to restricted either.

But as I say I think you're requesting this for the big CE event. For which restrictions on both (or either) may need to be enforced by SM or the other organisers (don't forget SM are only a part of this, they are not 100% running it) on bigger guests to ensure everyone gets seen.

Yes, I am talking about Celebration Europe. Sorry about the confusion there.

Checking forums every day for CE dates and details....