Any chance of an event in Wales?

Stevie79

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Completely agrree there a lot of fan based in Wales, and yeah CIA is huge and also holds lots of concerts.

GO on do it for us Welsh folk please. :YAHOO:

We now have one in Scotland. Is it possible to hold one in Wales in the future?

I think the CIA (Cardiff International Arena) would be a good choice of venue if an event is ever to be held here.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Cardiff would be a great place to host a con. However, it's all well and good if you live in South Wales, but frankly for me, as a North Walian, it'd be faster, cheaper and easier to get to Collectormania G-Mex!!!

But who am I kidding, I'm all for Collectormania CIA!

another vote for "Collectormania CIA"!!! what an awesome name!! :D

surfy sah xx

EDIT:

I've just added it to my sig,

"supporting the cause for "Collectormania CIA"!

(Collectormania in the Cardiff International Arena, WALES, yey!)" :P

Edited by surfy_sah

Collectormania CIA! You know it makes sense! :P

Good big venue to hold a show, and tons of hotels litrelly surrounding it, including the big new white one used in Torchwood a lot..

Also plenty to do here when not at the event, and would be good to get people to come to wales and experience Cardiff for once :D

Big support from here! :P

Collectormania CIA.

Yep its has to be one of the better showmaster event titles to date, I ve been going to the events in London and it suprises me every time the number of people from Wales. Was v. suprised when Garry Jones (The person from StarGate with several names that opens and closes the Iris) told me that he was born and raised in the Mumbles Swansea and therefore is kinda of Welsh, ah small world. Though travel to the events in London is possible, its still expensive!!!.

As rightly said the CIA is a superb venue for the event, train station near by, Airport (even a Prison for those unrully managers like JCB (just kidding.. lol) :pyth: and plenty of shops, nightlife for after the event. Also, on the plus side as I live quite close, then I will save on the money..

So..

The Tardis landed in Wales (well materialised), Torchwood is now in Wales, come on, Showmasters make Collectormania CIA a reality, and bring it to WALES............ :unsure::blush: ..........

I've now got a cute little link thing in my sig hehe :clap: (thanks to Too Tall :YAHOO:)

Gary Jones rocks!! met him and got an auto at an event in London in 2004 and then we'd gone to meet the guys from the X-Files and they'd mentioned Gary was from Wales so went back over and it turned out we are both from Swansea!!! :YAHOO: he hugged me and signed me a free auto on an 8x10 of him on the phone and wrote something like "here's me on the phone to Swansea!" I was in stitches, it soo rocked :smile:

thought he said he was from St Thomas in Swans but, eh, he's from SWANSEA so that's all that matters really :D

if you want to get to London cheap, you can book singles on the train far in advance for £11 (each way) or you can try Megabus for travel from £1 each way!! or try and get a funfayre on the NX B)

surfy sah xx

Gary Jones isnt the only stargate person born/raised in Wales you know.

Torri Higginson is from Swansea.

Peter Wingfield is from Grangetown, a suburb of Cardiff.

David Pallfy used to go to Westbourn school in Penarth, 10 min walk from where I went to school, and I pass every day on way to work.

Im sure theres a couple of others at least too, because Id actually thought about taking my flag to places to get signed as theres enough people lol

Well since moving to Wales from London last year getting to LFCC & Collectormania MK is a bit of a trek, although did make LFCC this year.

An event in Wales would be awsome.

CollectormaniaCIA2.jpg

(If anyone wants this you can copy it)

Edited by scutter

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...