How many stormtroopers can you name?

FON

Hi all

I have the following but I know there are a lot more, can anyone add to the list

Paul Bannon

Lightning Bear

Dickey Beer

Stephen Buchanan

Tim Condren

Jim Dowdall

Stephen Fitzalan

Tex Fuller

Laurie Goode

Noel Hawkins

Frank Henson

Colin Michael Kitchens

Michael Leader

Terry McGovern

Mike Mungarvan

Colin Skeaping

Keith Swaden

John Sylla

Tom Sylla

Cy Town

Bill Weston

Roger Williams

Thanks

Jason

• Moderators

Hi Jason,

First of all let me add a bit more info to your list and correct you in a couple of places where it is incorrect.

Paul Bannon - ANH

Dickey Beer - ROJ stormtrooper. Also a Biker Scout, Barada and Boba Fett for the Skiff scenes.

Stephen Buchanan - ANH Also a holographic Imperial Officer in ESB

Tim Condren - ANH

Jim Dowdall - ESB, also a Bespin Guard

Stephen Fitzalan - ESB, also in ROJ

Tex Fuller - ANH

Laurie Goode - ANH. Also a Cantina Alien

Noel Hawkins - ANH

Frank Henson - ANH and ROJ. Also an Endor Rebel and Biker Scout

Colin Michael Kitchens - VOICE ONLY, ANH "Looks Sir Droids!"

Michael Leader - ANH

Terry McGovern - VOICE ONLY, ANH

Mike Mungarvan - ANH

Colin Skeaping - ANH, ESB, possibly ROJ but unconfirmed

Keith Swaden - ANH. Still unclear what he did on ROJ

Bill Weston - ANH

Roger Williams - ANH

Lightning Bear - Biker Scout in ROJ, There is some debate about whether or not Mr. Bear was in ANH or ESB, as he can provide no proof and his claims have been VERY inconsistent over the years.

John Sylla - NOT A STORMTROOPER

Tom Sylla - NOT A STORMTROOPER

I have a letter from both Sylla brothers explaining that they only ever did Cantina walla and a couple of other voices in the movies. They did not play Stormtroopers or perform any stormtrooper voices. The rumour that they were stormtroopers originates from the February 1997 issue of Premiere Magazine, which described the Star Wars experiences of Ted Gagliano and Tom and John Sylla. Ted did play a Stormtrooper, and apparently someone misunderstood the article and thought all three had. The next thing you know IMDB has them listed as Stormtroopers and 9 years later we're still trying to correct the mistake. *rolls eyes*

Cy Town - NOT A STORMTROOPER

Mr. Town worked as either a TIE Fighter Pilot or an Imperial Gunner on Return of the Jedi only, he cannot remember which. He originally told people who wrote to him he was a Stormtrooper, not knowing that there was any difference between them. He then let slip in a letter that the costume he wore was black. D'OH! He has since been shown multiple photos, and is sure he was one of the two, but can't remember exactly which helmet he wore. It is possible he was both.

I can also add:

Tom Weldin - ANH Also Gela Yeens and in the Cantina

Salo Gardner - ANH Also Trinto Duaba

Peter Diamond - ANH, ESB and ROJ

Scott Beach - VOICE ONLY, ANH

Reg Harding - ANH

Ted Gagliano - ANH SE

Tony Smart - ANH, ESB

Arthur Howell - ANH

Richard Bonehill - ESB and ROJ

I hope that helps, lets keep this list going guys!

Graham

Thanks Graham for the updates, you sure know your stuff. Cy Town did wear a stormtrooper outfit for the TV programme, Noels house party so he was sort of a stormtrooper lol.

But thanks for your help,

Jason

FON is right about Cy wearing a Stormtrooper outfit for Noel's House Party. He is also a background Imperial Officer in ROTJ. First in the scene where Moff Jerjerrod meets Vader, and then when a gaggle of Officers are behind Vader and Jerjerrod as they meet The Emperor.

:thumbup:

FON is right about Cy wearing a Stormtrooper outfit for Noel's House Party. He is also a background Imperial Officer in ROTJ. First in the scene where Moff Jerjerrod meets Vader, and then when a gaggle of Officers are behind Vader and Jerjerrod as they meet The Emperor.

:vader:

Cool do you have any screenshots of him as an Imperial Officer? Mazzic can you get any?

When I was new to the Internet I thought IMDB was completely accurate and I believed that their data harvesters would collect ALL the info to make the site a definative record of film.

Now since the 70s we still dont have a full list of who played the stormtroopers!

Cy Town - NOT A STORMTROOPER

Mr. Town worked as either a TIE Fighter Pilot or an Imperial Gunner on Return of the Jedi only, he cannot remember which. He originally told people who wrote to him he was a Stormtrooper, not knowing that there was any difference between them. He then let slip in a letter that the costume he wore was black. D'OH! He has since been shown multiple photos, and is sure he was one of the two, but can't remember exactly which helmet he wore. It is possible he was both.

I have a handwritten letter from him which he wrote a few months ago....he says he did not play a TIE Fighter pilot.....but a Stormtrooper..... (and he did not sign my TIE Fighter pilot photo)

just spoke to HR about this and he said when he spoke to Cy Town he said he played the part of a Black Stormtrooper, which we all know to be a tie fighter pilot and when HR asked him to write that on his poster he asked what a tie fighter pilot was, so its looks like the only time he wore the stormtrooper outfit was for Noels house party and was a tie fighter pilot in the film.

Fon

Edited by FON

Sorry if its already been mentioned but Salo Gardner was also a stormtrooper. Did anyone ask him as the last ED which movie(s) he was a stormtrooper in? would be even remember??

Ofcourse .. he was only in A NEW HOPE - or Star Wars as it was called when he did the movie.

actually he remembered more about being a Stormtrooper than a cantina alien.

he was a great and very frindly and talking guest.

Hr Nielsen

just spoke to HR about this and he said when he spoke to Cy Town he said he played the part of a Black Stormtrooper, which we all know to be a tie fighter pilot

Apparently, Michael Leader was also a TIE Pilot, and Death Star Gunner, as well as being a Stormtrooper. Can't find any Royal Guards though!

:P

i never knew they had names

Frank Henson was stuntman on Return of the jedi, he played among other part a Endor Rebel, Stormtrooper and Royal Guard ... atleast he have never sad he wasnt a Guard... and people have gotten their images of Royal Guards back from him TTM

Hr N. :P

And he was also one of Jabba's henchman. In the scene where Luke gets shot in the hand, at the moment when Klaatu comes out of the belly of the skiff, there is a human-faced guard with a force pike confronting Luke. That's Frank Henson.

The photo can be seen clearly in the Return of the Jedi storybook.

i know its slightly off the subject (but its still behind the mask)can anyone verify mr paul davison who claims to be an ewok he said he was an ewok in a tv series but also claims to have done a days pickup work i have looked but cannot find anything has anybody any ideas?

And he was also one of Jabba's henchman. In the scene where Luke gets shot in the hand, at the moment when Klaatu comes out of the belly of the skiff, there is a human-faced guard with a force pike confronting Luke. That's Frank Henson.

Ha! You beat me to it. I was just going to mention that!

:D

• 4 weeks later...
  • Moderators

I knew Tommy Weldin played General Yeens but i didnt know he was in the Cantina too??

what character did he play??

He's in exactly the same costume, the Gela Yeens outfit. I'm not sure if you can spot him in the finished film, but I have seen photos where he is on the left hand side of the bar, stood near the wall behind Christine Hewett talking to 3 characters dressed in Space Suits similar to the one BoShek wears. I know Jason has Cantina photos where he is visible in the archive, hopefully some of them will be out at Empire Day.

Graham