Ringcon Guest Suggestions

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as you can see i have just wrote a suggestion list but i would like to say that i have a really close mate who i havnt met that long ago. She has a huge dream on meeting Elijah Wood and as it turns out she hasnt had such a good time in the past lately. however i have cheered her up by telling her that she will definatly meet Elijah Wood one day as i to was in her positon thinking that i wouldnt meet him. so my biggest guest suggestion for ring con is Elijah Wood:) it would mean alot to me and many other people if you could try and get him at the convention as it would be great for other fans including myself to meet him. Also i could promise my mate that she can meet Elijah Wood (no names mentioned as she may not want you to know who she is) and it would make her dreams come true:D please showmasters bring him back:) thanks

p.s ????? you know who you are:) im going by your real name btw not your display name on the forum. anyway would like to say how much of a mate you are to me, i hope what i have said explains our friendship:D

All of them, cuz Im greedy lol

ABSOLUTELY :firedevil: ! As many of the actors and behind-the-scenes as possible. (Ngila who did the costumes hasn't been to any convention so far, I think, and would be sooo interesting!) I never tire of seeing any of them.

I know Viggo doesn't do conventions but he does do book signings so maybe he could be persuaded to come and sign his books. He's a wonderful photographer (in my very humble opinion, of course! :D )

Ohhhh, I can't wait, I can't wait!! :D

Karl Urban! :D

Sean Bean! :D

Get me either of those two, and I'll be a very happy bunny...

Also:

David Wenham

Dominic Monaghan

Marton Csokas

Ian mckellan

Ian Holm

Billy Boyd

Bernard Hill

Hugo Weaving

Would also please me :huh:

ELIJAH WOOD :blush:

Orlando Bloom

Ian MCkellen

Viggo Mortensen

Dominic Monaghan

Billy Boyd

Liv Tyler

Sean Astin

Miranda Otto

Sean Bean

David Wenham

Karl Urban

Ian Holm

Hugo Weaving

Cate Blanchett

John Noble

Christopher Lee

Phillipe Boyens

Peter Jackson

Fran Walsh

Ngila Dickson

Richard Taylor

Howard Shore

John Howe

Alan Lee

John Ryhs

GREAT LIST!!! I 100% AGREE........ESPECIALLY ELIJAH WOOD:D :angel::wub::wub:

elijah wooooooooooddd yessssssssssssss the best!!! queremos ver a elijahhh!!!! :rolleyes: elijah wood forever!!!

i want see to elijah!!!1ª and viggo mortensen!!!!!!!!!!!!! and orlando bloomm!!! the guestsss very importantttss!!!this... :wub: plissss

Edited by lostiegirl85

Ohhhh, I can't wait, I can't wait!! :D

Karl Urban! :blink:

Sean Bean! :wub:

Get me either of those two, and I'll be a very happy bunny...

Also:

David Wenham

Dominic Monaghan

Marton Csokas

Ian mckellan

Ian Holm

Billy Boyd

Bernard Hill

Hugo Weaving

Would also please me :D

oh my god... ¬¬*

the best isss frodooo!!!very important!!! and aragorn!!!!!!!!!!!!! anddddd légolas!!!!! ....

and sam no :YAHOO: ... why...he go in the another show 2006....

go to the actors in the ring co uk¿?¿?

I assume this should read.

"What actors are going to another show UK?"

If so then the answer is, we don't know. No announcements have been made for this event yet.

I want say... in this event... of another show.. go the actorss of this movie.. frodo!!! aragorn, légolas...etc... how many guest go¿?¿?

Edited by lostiegirl85

heya lostiegirl85, remember me....we talk on msn sometimes? know one know's how many guests go to ring con until the event is very very close.....but even then know one knows how many guests there will be as they can cancel at any time.....

Sure is a great list :DAll my faves are on there and of course one special guy :blink:

heya sami :D good to see your still suggesting elijah :YAHOO::P i hope he comes to ring con....for you and the other fans (including me) :P especially you though, i know how much it means to you if you were to meet him (which you will eventually :P ) i have got your back on suggesting him hehe :P don't give up.....sarah xx

p.s but remember not to Pis* poeple off by suggesting him too many times :P iv been there done that hehe :wub:

Edited by I LOVE ELIJAH WOOD 4EVA

Domonic Monaghan, Craig Parker and peeps from WETA!!!!

Speaking as an "old" fan of The Lord of the Rings - and I mean the books as well as the films!!! I think we need to remember that another show UK is set to be a convention - not just a signing event. I am hoping it will be run in a similar fashion to the German Ring Con where there are lots of workshops and other ways to really get involved with the guests.

Obviously there are people I would like to meet for personal reasons ;) but I am equally interested in doing workshops eg. costuming, artwork, jewellery, acting/directing workshops, learning to sword-fight etc.

So here's my requests:

Andy Serkis - he has so much to say about his role as Gollum and how Gollum was created.

Shane Rangi/Mana Hira Davies/Jed BrophyLawrence Makoare - a great bunch of actor/stuntmen!

Royd Tolkien - who could leave out the author's great grandson!!

Sir Ian Holme - we dont see this wonderful gentleman on the con circuit - but he also played Bilbo in the BBC Radio production of The Hobbit - and that is what introduced me to Middle Earth a very long time ago!!!

People from WETA Workshop - these guys can show us so much "behind the scenes" stuff!!!!!

Sir Ian McKellen

Christopher Lee

Craig Parker/Mark Ferguson - my daughter adores "Uncle Craig" and lets face it - a con wouldnt be a con without these guys!!!

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that some of these guys will be there, but I know the event will be fantastic - both Ring Con (another show) and Showmasters are very experienced at organising big events so I'm confident this new event will be truly stunning!!!

Rosie x

• 2 weeks later...

Just one request, please:

Hugo Weaving :D:D

I would be forever grateful, Showmasters!!

Oh yes!!! He (Hugo Weaving)isnt a usual face on the convention circuit and I bet he has a LOT to say about his role in LOTR. (Mr Smith)

I know in my guest suggestions I've included many of "the usual suspects", because I have met them at events in the past and know they are excellent entertainers who will make the weekend fun. But I think RC UK needs to have an unusual guest who we don't normally get to see.... someone to pull the crowds in and who will make it the success it needs and deserves to be....because lets face it.... the last LOTR film was released 3 years ago so the major hype that pulled the millions into the films (and the cons that followed)has long since passed for all but us "Ringers" and those of us who have a passion for Tolkien's literature.

If anyone regularly goes to SM events, they will already have met Craig Parker, Mark Ferguson, Andy Serkis, Billy Boyd, Sean Astin, Elijah Wood, David Wenham, Miranda Otto, John Rhys Davies, Shane Rangi, Sala Baker, Royd Tolkien, Kieran Shah and a whole host of the "usual suspects" who are all wonderful, patient, warm and friendly people (mostly ;) ) - so for the SM side of things... we've probably already got all of their autographs and unless people have a particular like for one of these actors, there isnt a big pull to go to the show. Obviously with Dirk being involved and bringing a "Ring Con" style of things to the event too, there will be a lot more on offer than just autographs!! But I do wonder how many people will look at the line up of guests and say " well I've met them all before... what's the point in spending money to see them again".

I'd better stop rambling before this turns into an epic.... but I guess what I'm trying to say is that I think it would be worth the extra effort to secure one or two unusual guests who we don't often see at cons/autograph events. Eg Hugo Weaving, or maybe Sean Bean, Ian Holme, Christopher Lee, Ian McKellan or at least bring the actors who have films currently out so they are in the public eye and have an active following. It might be the making of the event, and I for one want it to be a huge success!

Rosie

Hugo Weaving :P:wub:

Oh yes!!! He (Hugo Weaving)isnt a usual face on the convention circuit and I bet he has a LOT to say about his role in LOTR. (Mr Smith)

I know in my guest suggestions I've included many of "the usual suspects", because I have met them at events in the past and know they are excellent entertainers who will make the weekend fun. But I think RC UK needs to have an unusual guest who we don't normally get to see.... someone to pull the crowds in and who will make it the success it needs and deserves to be....because lets face it.... the last LOTR film was released 3 years ago so the major hype that pulled the millions into the films (and the cons that followed)has long since passed for all but us "Ringers" and those of us who have a passion for Tolkien's literature.

If anyone regularly goes to SM events, they will already have met Craig Parker, Mark Ferguson, Andy Serkis, Billy Boyd, Sean Astin, Elijah Wood, David Wenham, Miranda Otto, John Rhys Davies, Shane Rangi, Sala Baker, Royd Tolkien, Kieran Shah and a whole host of the "usual suspects" who are all wonderful, patient, warm and friendly people (mostly ;) ) - so for the SM side of things... we've probably already got all of their autographs and unless people have a particular like for one of these actors, there isnt a big pull to go to the show. Obviously with Dirk being involved and bringing a "Ring Con" style of things to the event too, there will be a lot more on offer than just autographs!! But I do wonder how many people will look at the line up of guests and say " well I've met them all before... what's the point in spending money to see them again".

I'd better stop rambling before this turns into an epic.... but I guess what I'm trying to say is that I think it would be worth the extra effort to secure one or two unusual guests who we don't often see at cons/autograph events. Eg Hugo Weaving, or maybe Sean Bean, Ian Holme, Christopher Lee, Ian McKellan or at least bring the actors who have films currently out so they are in the public eye and have an active following. It might be the making of the event, and I for one want it to be a huge success!

Rosie

I agree with you Rosie but the trouble with going for what is a better word very big guest means there might not be enough money for them to get some of the meduim guests. Meaning they will be lots of people just waiting in queues for auto's of the big guest and that guest might spend most of they time doing signs just so that the event can get some money back.

I think some people's hopes are too high who think Orlando Bloom will do a event like this it's just so not going to happen.

Hugo Weaving :thumbup::D

Rosie

I agree with you Rosie but the trouble with going for what is a better word very big guest means there might not be enough money for them to get some of the meduim guests. Meaning they will be lots of people just waiting in queues for auto's of the big guest and that guest might spend most of they time doing signs just so that the event can get some money back.

I think some people's hopes are too high who think Orlando Bloom will do a event like this it's just so not going to happen.

I wasn'tthinking of someone "big" necessarily, love, just someone unusual. Like when Gine Acevado from Weta workshops came over - the things he told us about the prosthetics and make up used in LOTR was fascinating - especially when he spent a few hours doing an "orc makeover" for 3 lucky people. And boy could that guy sing too!!!!

Ok... how about "FIGWIT" - he isnt an "A list" actor but he IS someone different and incredibly well known. Or how about Mana? I know we've met him twice already, but he's cute enough to pull the fan-girllies in and has a lot to say about the stunt work he did for the films.

Just a few ideas to throw into the melting pot really......

Rosie x

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I know this is the longest shot in the world, but....

PETER JACKSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Peter Jackson - WOW - yeeees!

Also, Daniel Reeve, who did the maps and calligraphy would be an interesting guest. I don't think he has been to a UK convention....?