OFFICIAL 'INTRODUCE YOURSELF' THREAD!

Kell

Hey fellow fans!

It's about time that I introduce myself to you all properly; I'm Pieter (pronounced Peter) from Belgium. I'm 25 for another 3 weeks.I'm a huge James Bond fan and I make it my hobby to attend shows where actresses and actors come to sign from this cinematic universe. It will be my second LFCC this year and I'm overexcited to be there within two weeks!

I started writing on this forum last year and it's amazing to talk to you people! I love meeting people with the same interests en to talk about movies, series, music and fandom.

Greets!

• Like 4

Hi everyone.

I'm Alex, I'm 32 and a sociology and social policy student in nottingham. I'm a big sci-fi and film fan in general. I'm a Star Wars and Star Trek fan (of course) and a massive Philip K Dick fan. I love Hannibal, the walking dead, buffy, angel, game of thrones. I'm also a comic fan I love jhonen vasquez, Sophie Campbell, Art Speigelman, Daniel Clowes, Voltaire, Harvey Pekar.

this will be my first time at the LFCC and I'm so excited to see Mads (got my diamond pass and really hope I don't turn to a blubbering mess) and Kevin Smith.

• Like 1

Hi everyone, 

My name is Tobias and I am from Sweden. This year will be my first time I attend London Film and Comic Con. I am a film music fan/soundtrack collector. 

I am a 44 year old guy who works in the deli department in a grocery store. I live out in the country in a small village about one hour drive from Gothenburg. 

Besides meeting actors/directors/composers at these events and collecting soundtracks (I have over 2000 film score soundtracks) I am also collecting key chains. I have almost 4000 key chains. 

I will only bring 2 soundtracks with me, first James L. Venable`s score soundtrack to Jay and Silent Bob Strike back for Kevin Smith and secondly Jay Gruska`s soundtrack to Loiis & Clark; The New Adventures of Superman for Dean Cain. Other than that I will not bring soundtracks with me because it would be too many to bring back and forth. 

I guess that`s covering most about me and my background. 

Edited by Toby The Swede
I did not know that I could not mention other events.

33 minutes ago, Toby The Swede said:

Hey Toby and welcome to the forum! ^_^ Just a heads up, it's against forum rules to mention other events here on the forum, so you might want to edit your post to remove the mention of the other 2 events. :smile:

13 hours ago, wjbleming said:

Hey Toby and welcome to the forum! ^_^ Just a heads up, it's against forum rules to mention other events here on the forum, so you might want to edit your post to remove the mention of the other 2 events. :smile:

My God, I've just seen your post and then rushed into my profile to edit the name of a convention but it has changed by itself .

Here is a little about myself :

" Hello, I'm Nancy from Belgium. I'm 35 years old.

I've become a huge Whovian for almost a year (only). I've started to watch the "New Who" for a year, and the "Classic Who" for a 2-3 months.

I've started conventions this year, the first twos in my country, then went to Germany at another show to see Matt Smith & Jenna Coleman. I also went to the Doctor Who Experience in May.

My interest in conventions is increasing, my schedule will be very busy at LFCC.

I really hope to meet every doctor and companion (still alive :( ) and some actors or actresses from my youth too and meet fans of all kind of series, movies,....

Comic cons are cool, it's a great atmosphere, I love it.

Sorry for my bad english (unfortunately I'm not bilingual)".

Yo!

Graphic designer / print operator from North-of-the-Wall. 

Walking Dead is my life, literally, I can't remember the last time I had more than 5 hours sleep.

London is my second home, Rock n Roll is my jam. My life ambition is to meet Liam Gallagher (unhealthy i know - pray for me)

Regularly accused of being a geek and a celebrity stalker but I those people know nothing :angel:

Catch you round!

~ Marnie

(yes, I was named after the 1964 Alfred Hitchcock film)

2 hours ago, DaughterOfAnarchy said:

Yo!

Graphic designer / print operator from North-of-the-Wall. 

Walking Dead is my life, literally, I can't remember the last time I had more than 5 hours sleep.

London is my second home, Rock n Roll is my jam. My life ambition is to meet Liam Gallagher (unhealthy i know - pray for me)

Regularly accused of being a geek and a celebrity stalker but I those people know nothing :angel:

Catch you round!

~ Marnie

(yes, I was named after the 1964 Alfred Hitchcock film)

natedammit will be along presently; apologies for the delay :D

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I'm Lisa, twentysomething and Dutch. I've met a fair few people from the forum at the LFCC Geek-off, but I finally decided to stop lurking and actually join the forum so I can join the convo here *woohoo*.
From September on I'll be living in the Netherlands, but will still visit a fair few events in the UK over the year.
I cosplay various characters from various fandoms such as Game of Thrones, Star Wars, Disney and Marvel & DC.

- Lisa

• Like 4

Hi, my name is Mitchell and I'm an alcoholic.....Whoops sorry. Wrong forum!!

Let's try that again shall we "Cough Cough". Hi my name is Mitchell, I am 29 years young from London England and I am a proud father of 2 boys and 2 girls. I have been coming to LFCC since 2015 and I drive my kids insane with all my hype and energy when anyone as much as mentions anything comic related, video game related, movie related or television related. Also to add to this comment, I am the nephew to the one you all call the Camel. But don't say I told you so, he gets the hump about it. :lol:

Edited by mitchell_agius
  • Like 2

Hi, my name is Aurore, I'm French living in London for almost 5 years now.  I am a big Harry Potter fan and also series like Big Bang Theory, PLL, The Originals. I like reading books even though I hardly have the time right now with my daughter. I love Jane Austen novels almost as much as Harry Potter. I could read these books a thousand times without being tired. 

My favourite actor is David Thewlis  (who played in Harry Potter and many others) and also Dean Cain. Talking about series from the 90s, I am also a Big fan of Lois & Clark but also Charmed. That would be great if there could be Charmed actors next year at LFCC because I think it's gonna be celebrating 20 years next year. And oh also bring back Dean Cain because I'll never ve tired of meeting him! (He's awesome!!). My dream will be to meet Teri Hatcher with him at a uk convention.

Also, I have a 15-months-old almost 16 daughter named Lily-Rose  (Harry Potter inspiration) and I'm looking forward to see who's gonna be at LFCC next year!

Here's of my fav photo this year at LFCC and one of my most recent.

https://www.photobox.co.uk/my/photo/full?photo_id=21753851537

Edit: sorry it doesn't work when I add photos...

Edited by Eurora

On 8/4/2017 at 0:40 PM, LisaLovegood said:

Hello,

I'm Lisa, twentysomething and Dutch.

Image result for dutch gif

On 8/4/2017 at 1:02 PM, Wrong Name said:

I am a new female person on the forum and just wanted to say hi to everyone and that I love comic con. I am in no way writing this to ensnare anyone.

I told you I don't want to play this game with you any more. As fun as it was the first 17 times.

On 8/4/2017 at 4:54 PM, mitchell_agius said:

Hi, my name is Mitchell and I'm an alcoholic..... I am the nephew to the one you all call the Camel

Related image

20 hours ago, Eurora said:

Hi, my name is Aurore, I'm French

Related image

Hola amigos.

A total newbie to this site so just hang in there, only 43 years young' so not a pensioner just yet ha. Enjoy life and don't take for granted' u just never know BUT keep ya head screwed on so balance it all out..

Been collecting for years' star wars' old vintage toys' retro consoles and a mad Liverpool nut, BUT also a ibiza legend' smashed the 1st ever radio 1 show in front of cafe del Mar" in 96" so I class myself as a "Original" ha.

Enjoyed our 1st London show July 2017' along with the Mrs and 2 young children who now love going to these events and meeting especially the star wars actors and getting stuff signed and hopefully get alot more done.

Don't let anything stop ya in life even when the odds maybe stacked against ya..

All the best

Dogtag. 

Heyho one and all

A lot of people have been introducing themselves as of late so thought i'd get in on the act. I'm Wayne, currently 34 for the next couple of weeks, from Luton. Ive been to the last three LFCC's and last years Collectormania but only fully really got into them this year and i like going to these events due to the friendly positive atmosphere and the photo ops.

I have quite a high powered and stressful job but really try not to take myself to seriously so love going to these events to de-stress, relax and talk to like minded people. I'm interested in many different shows but really like GoT at moment.

As well as collecting autographs of my favourite stars i also collect unique sporting memorabilia which i why i loved collectormania this year as it combined both of my passions.

I saw many people from this group at LFCC but never actually got to say hi (mainly as i thought it would be weird walking up to a total stranger saying hi you dont know me but your famous on the forum) but anyway Hi

Edited by WayneLee
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I've been a visitor of the forum for a few years now but I only started posting this week so I thought I'd introduce myself!

I'm a big fan of Doctor Who and have attended many conventions to meet many people from the programme. I also love all audio dramas produced by Big Finish, as many fans will know their content is amazing!

I'm also a fan of other films and TV programmes including Star Wars, the Big Bang Theory, Coronation Street and Sherlock. As you can see my tastes are quite varied!

I really enjoy the opportunities that conventions provide for us fans and the atmosphere whilst we're there. I'm hoping to attend many more conventions in the years to come!

Edited by WilfMott
  • Like 2