OFFICIAL 'INTRODUCE YOURSELF' THREAD!

Kell

It was fun. I've just about recovered from the 'Surprise' appearance by Rachel Luttrell (SP?).

But I thought I'd share a little more about myself.

I am in my forties. I've been involved in fandom for a long time.

Shows that I enjoy :

Stargate SG1, Stargate Atlantis, Stargate Universe, and Stargate Infinity.

Battlestar Galatica (Both Classic and Reboot), Arrow,

Star Trek, ST: TNG, ST: DS9, SY: Voyager, and Enterprise.

Doctor Who, Robotech, Gundam Wing.

And a whole load more.

I also enjoy writing, reading and I try to write Fan Fiction.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone Im a massive fan of comic books,scifi films and tv sci fi shows and TNA wrestling from greater Manchester and have joined the forum because I am going to be attending my first comic book and film convention this summer when I come to the London film and comic con on 11-13 july and already am excited about it

I am most excited about meeting the tna knockout Brooke Tessmacher. I have been a massive fan of hers for years and I have pretty much every item of brooke tna mercandise and as soon as I saw your announcement tha brooke is attending the convention. I got very excited and started making plans to attend so I could finally meet brooke and have a pic with her an get her to sign as much of her merchandise that I have

also cant wait to meet summer glau (terminator sarah connor chronicles, arrow and serenity), Amy (lita) Dumas, the stars of star wars as well

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I'm Chris, I'm 29 years old and will be 30 by the time the Con comes around :no:
I'm happily married and have two wonderful daughters.

I'm in to most things geek, I love comics and although I love both Marvel and DC I lean more towards DC, my favourite characters being Superman, Batman and Green Lantern. I would say Green Arrow but I don't want people thinking I'm jumping on the Arrow bandwagon.
I have very forgiving tendancies when it comes to films, which is why I can still find movies like Terminator 3 or Green Lantern watchable and even enjoyable because it has characters that I know and love. I'm a fanboy in knowledge but not in terms of sense of entitlement that I think most have.

Favourite Comic Arcs: Identity Crisis, Old Man Logan, Killing Joke, Civil War, Bruce Wayne Murderer and Hush.

Favourite Films: Jaws, Avengers Assemble, Terminator 1 & 2, Avatar, Dark Knight, Jurassic Park, Star Wars (all of them), Lord of the Rings trilogy, Harry Potter series and Transformers.

Favourite shows: Prison Break, Falling Skies, Smallville, Arrow, V, Big Bang Theory and Scrubs.

This is probably more than you wanted to know about me but there we go.

And just because they look cool:
:cylon::borg::spidy::yoda:

• 2 weeks later...

Good Evening all, hope you are all well.

Hope you are all enjoying all the guests that Showmasters are laying on for us this year.

I have booked a number of photo-shoots for LFCC in July. Was only going on the Saturday but am now

going Sunday also. Looking forward to meeting Jamie Bamber. I was at Galacticon 3 in Houston last year

which unfortunately he could not make.

To everyone going to Collectormania in MK have a good time. I cannot go as I am working the weekend.

I am a big fan of BSG, Star Wars, Sons of Anarchy, Planet of the Apes and the old sci-fi films from the 50s and 60s

I have done a few conventions and am glad to see that Destination Star Trek is returning to London later this year.

Anyway, which ever conventions you can attend enjoy yourselves and respect the other people behind you in the

queues.

:borg: Hello Everyone,

I am from Miami and have only attended the South Florida Comic Con. If the planets and stars align I will hopefully be able to attend the Destination Star Trek London event this coming October. I grew up with the show (Just about all iterations of it) and it has a fond place in my heart.

Aside for the obvious, I am also a fan of Stargate, The Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, and pretty much anything that requires you to think outside of the box. Well that's enough about me, but just ask if you want to know anything else. :firedevil:

• 2 weeks later...

Hey. I'm Caroline, 25. I'm English (from Lincolnshire) but have lived just outside Glasgow for the past few years whilst working as an Engineer. Relatively new to the who 'con' thing, but i can see myself becoming addicted. Beside watching TV shows/films I enjoy cross stitching, snowboarding and hiking.

I'm really useless at these kind of things, but i'd say my favourite TV shows include merlin, robin hood (i still miss it), game of thrones and supernatural.

Just bought my ticket to CMG (my first CM event) and i'm looking forward to it despite the fact i'm currently going alone, so please befriend me if you're going. :)

Erm.. Is that good enough? :angel:

Hi! I'm Jo, I'm 32 (yes, I had to think hard about that, year maths will always catch me out) and come from N.E Hampshire.

Been to a couple of CM's in Milton Keynes in the past (back when they were in the centre) and a couple of London shows. Going to LFCC in July and can't wait.

I was basically weaned on Sci-Fi, firm favourites are Star Trek in most forms, Doctor Who and pretty much anything from Joss Whedon. Though that is the tip of the iceberg. Honourable mention has to go to the long gone, but fondly remembered (by me at least) Space Precinct. God I loved that kooky cop show!

I'm Jonathan age 35 from Hampshire. I'm a massive Back to the Future fan. I first saw the film when it came out in 1985 when I was 6 years old then again in 2010 when it was 're released and I was about 30. I have the iconic poster on my bedroom wall t shirts all 3 Deloreans (1:24 scale) I've owned the trilogy on VHS then DVD and obviously now Blu Ray. I've sat in the Delorean that is featured on the extras on one of the Blu Ray discs. I also have the soundtrack.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Good afternoon all!

I'm new to this whole experience so please bear with me. I was pointed here as I am a HUGE Walking Dead fan and spend all my time trying to seek out when the cast are coming over to the UK.

I'm a 43yr old mum to 12 and probably should have better things to do with my time but hey, I am a recently diagnosed Aspie with true Aspie obsessions (TWD) so I roll with it.

I hope to gain some insight to all things convention as I have never been to one yet but am hoping to make the LFCC in July.

Chell

I'm lee. 38 and the 2014 lfcc will be the first event I've been too. Wanting to go for years and finally can. I'm in to 80s films, doctor who. Had to pick between ghostbusters or back to the future. When I'm not at day job, I build magic and illusion props and also replica items. The buzz for comic con, can't wait

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! My name is Lola, I'm 19 years old, and I'm currently teaching English and studying at Uni :)

I'm half Dutch, half Spanish, speak both and live in Barcelona :)

I love reading, writing, gaming, drawing and especially meeting people, and I'm completely obsessed with macarons, Batman and several pieces of literature, including LOTR, the Great Gatsby and Artemis Fowl. I would positively murder people in order to meet Mark Hamill or Eoin Colfer, and I'm very happily starting out cosplay! So far I've done Ariel and a female version of the Riddler (same wig, budget friendly ;) ) I would love to make friends, and get to meet you all better!

I'm really hoping I'm managing to post this picture correctly:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=880203358672695&l=d79fd22d7a

• Like 1

Hi, Chris from Manchester here and I've finally managed to sign up, with just over a week left until LFCC!!!

This is my first big event after attending Collectormania MK around 10+ years ago, and unfortunately this time I'll be on my own.

Main reason for attending is like many others.....STAN LEE! I bought the Comic Gold Pass as soon as I received the email last year announcing it would be Stan's last European event due to the fact I missed the chance to meet Stan at London Super Comic Con a year or two ago. There was no way I was making the same mistake again.

Hopefully see a few of you great people there. Really looking forward to it.

Chris

Well, hi.

I've been around here a few weeks now but haven't properly introduced myself. I'm Shay, 14 and from the most dull part of Somerset :P (nah, I guess it's okay.)

This is my first Con, but you all seem great, so I really hope to meet some of you ~ if you do see me on the day with my mates, yeah please just say hi :)

I decided on going to ComicCon this year just because Jenna was going (big crush), but you've all surprised me on what else you've brought in...and also how much I've spent and am spending -.-

Doctor Who fan, Sherlock fan...anything really, love being introduced to new shows like Orphan Black recently :)

Not sure how to upload a photo on a reply, so you'll just have to do with my icon (I'm the lad).

See you next weekend (: