OFFICIAL 'INTRODUCE YOURSELF' THREAD!

Kell

20 minutes ago, Caz87 said:

Hi Everyone 

I’m Caroline and a huge film fan! I am going to be attending my first LFCC in July this year. So thought it was best to sign up to the forum to keep updated and read all the tips so I know what to do on the day! I have been members of many forums but that was years ago now, I actually love that this looks like a great community! 

Hello Caz, I hope you enjoy your first LFCC when it gets here.  There is a newbie thread in the LFCC forum, if you want to ask any questions please do, there's always someone around who can answer.  Ignore the blue bear, he's lovely really.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Hi everyone! Thanks for accepting me. :) My name is Vivi and I‘m from Germany. This year is my first year of doing cons and I never expected it to be this addictive. The original thought was „one con and I‘m done“ - yeeeeah sure, more like „once in, never out“ right now! :D It‘s just so much fun and I‘m beyond excited to attend LFCC this summer. Can‘t wait! I thought it would be a good idea to join the forum and get all the news and updates and some tips for LFCC beginners. 

Cheers!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Rowka said:

Hi everyone! Thanks for accepting me. :) My name is Vivi and I‘m from Germany. This year is my first year of doing cons and I never expected it to be this addictive. The original thought was „one con and I‘m done“ - yeeeeah sure, more like „once in, never out“ right now! :D It‘s just so much fun and I‘m beyond excited to attend LFCC this summer. Can‘t wait! I thought it would be a good idea to join the forum and get all the news and updates and some tips for LFCC beginners. 

Cheers!

Welcome to the forums Vivi, and I hope you have a wonderful time at LFCC.  If you have a look at the LFCC forum you will see there is a newbie thread and a chat thread, so if you have any questions please feel free to ask, there's always someone around to help out with advice.

• Like 1

Hi everyone i am Marco i am 41 years old (on paper at least) and i am from The Netherlands.I love movies and tv series,i love watching them collecting them and collecthing things from them.4 years ago i went to my first comic con and since then i am addicted,2 years ago i went to LFCC for the first time and although i was really overwelmed by it all  i had a great time and this year wil be my second time there and i am really looking forward to it.

When i get sad i stop being sad and be awesome instead

Edited by marcobeks
I forget to add the quote
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, marcobeks said:

Hi everyone i am Marco i am 41 years old (on paper at least) and i am from The Netherlands.I love movies and tv series,i love watching them collecting them and collecthing things from them.4 years ago i went to my first comic con and since then i am addicted,2 years ago i went to LFCC for the first time and although i was really overwelmed by it all  i had a great time and this year wil be my second time there and i am really looking forward to it.

Hello Marco and welcome to the forum.

Hey fellas!

First of all thank you very much for accepting my request to join this forum! My name is Moritz, I'm from Germany and 24 years old. I've started my "Con-Journey" this year and I'm so excited for the LFCC 2019. It will be the biggest convention I've ever attended, so I've decided to join this forum to keep myself updated and get some good advices, Also this seems like a very nice community! :)

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Mr. Moh said:

Hey fellas!

First of all thank you very much for accepting my request to join this forum! My name is Moritz, I'm from Germany and 24 years old. I've started my "Con-Journey" this year and I'm so excited for the LFCC 2019. It will be the biggest convention I've ever attended, so I've decided to join this forum to keep myself updated and get some good advices, Also this seems like a very nice community! :)

Hello Mr Moh, welcome to the forum.  LFCC is a very big and busy event but I hope you have a good time.  There is a general chat thread and a newbie thread in the LFCC forum if you want to just chat or have any questions.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, orlandopassion said:

I'm a returner after a decade away due to illness.  My passion is still Lord of the Rings but I love countless other films, series and TV shows. I look forward to meeting old and new friends xx

Welcome back to the forum, and I hope everything is fine with you now.  I'm sure a lot has changed on here since 2009. :D

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, my name is Sal Im 34 and originally from London but currently working in Dubai for the past year and a half helping a Start up company

I've been going to Showmasters events all the way back to the first London Comic Con in 2004 when I was still at Uni. In those simpler times,  I would mainly go for the collectibles (Figures, Comics, graphic novels, the affordable autograph from a vendor here or there) and have pretty much been to every LFCC from 2004-2011 and then again from 2016 to currently.

The past 2 conventions I've finally booked some photoshoots and autographs as the guest list has been more in my fandom with some people I never thought I'd meet. Since then I then Ive gotten back into Con trekking around the world (when I can and can afford to obviously) and this year has particularly been rewarding but nothing beats The London Film and Comic Con which I would say is my home Con.:D

My fandoms include: Smallville, WWE/Wrestling, DC and Marvel movies, TV and comics, Dark Knight trilogy, music (Hip Hop mostly) and American sports (NBA and NFL) mostly, any thing Kevin Smith related, The Wire, Friday Night Lights, The OC, Buffy

I've already got plans to fly in for Collectormania and my annual trip for LFCC, look forward to seeing some of you at the shows. I find just bumping into people and randomly chatting about similar fandoms, be it in line for a photo or finding one of us has that cool t shirt that signifies being a fan of something has also become one of my favorite things about going to these. So I look forward to seeing some familar and new faces over the summer B)

Edited by Kal-El
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

hey everyone, thanks for finally allowing me to join the forum. 

My name is Cameron and I'm 18 years old, I've just finished my A levels and just waiting on those dreading results to come through haha. This will be my first ever attendance to the London show masters con, but I'm very excited about the line-up already.

My main interest is Horror, I'm a absolute horror fanatic and some of your guests this year for horror fans is fantastic, unfortunately I'm on a strict budget as I attended a horror con not so long ago, but I'm attending Sunday for the ever so 'controversial', Deodato which I actually made a joke about when at the horror I attended, that I thought it would be out of this world if someone managed to get him to attend a con and here we are! Now I know he's very controversial and has caused some concerns in this community but as a Horror fanatic this is one for the history books to be able to keep something from this director :)

If anyone wants to talk about Horror, I'm your guy.

- thanks 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, camuk16 said:

My name is Cameron and I'm 18 years old, I've just finished my A levels and just waiting on those dreading results to come through haha. This will be my first ever attendance to the London show masters con, but I'm very excited about the line-up already.

My main interest is Horror, I'm a absolute horror fanatic and some of your guests this year for horror fans is fantastic, unfortunately I'm on a strict budget as I attended a horror con not so long ago, but I'm attending Sunday for the ever so 'controversial', Deodato which I actually made a joke about when at the horror I attended, that I thought it would be out of this world if someone managed to get him to attend a con and here we are! Now I know he's very controversial and has caused some concerns in this community but as a Horror fanatic this is one for the history books to be able to keep something from this director :)

- thanks 

Welcome to the forum Camuk.  There is a good FAQ in the LFCC forum if you are unsure about anything, or please feel free to ask any questions in that forum if you have any - there's a newbie thread somewhere around or just have a quick look and you can see what threads are already around

On 6/25/2019 at 1:20 PM, camuk16 said:

- thanks 

Welcome dear sir! :D You'll fit in nicely, a lot of horrors here... mostly other forum members...

Hello, my name is uh *think of a name that's not mine* er...Peter Capaldi and i'm young, i have attended LFCC 2018 and LFCC Spring 2019, i have been on Showmasters for around 9 months, it's a sort of late introduction, but still, my favourite shows are Doctor Who, Torchwood, Sherlock (2010-2017) and Mock the week and i love Jurassic park and Jurassic park III (very underrated film) and before anyone asks, my favourite monster from doctor who are The Zygons and The Wirrn, i look forward for a bright future for Showmasters and London Film and Comic Con and i raise my glass of orange juice! :coolthumb:

giphy.gif

• Like 2

Hi everyone, I'm Alex, 26 from Essex. I've always wanted to go to Comic Cons growing up but never really had the chance mainly because nobody would every go with me and I was probably to embarrassed to go alone (stupid I know). But I met my girlfriend last year and this will now be our third comic con together. I've always been a huge, TV, Movie and Gaming fan, with horror films being a personal favourite. I'm also a big football, WWE and bodybuilding fan just to note a couple more things.

This year along with all the wrestlers attending which I am excited to meet, I am also looking forward to meeting Matthew Lillard.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, JeffreyCOYI said:

Hi everyone, I'm Alex, 26 from Essex. I've always wanted to go to Comic Cons growing up but never really had the chance mainly because nobody would every go with me and I was probably to embarrassed to go alone (stupid I know). But I met my girlfriend last year and this will now be our third comic con together. I've always been a huge, TV, Movie and Gaming fan, with horror films being a personal favourite. I'm also a big football, WWE and bodybuilding fan just to note a couple more things.

This year along with all the wrestlers attending which I am excited to meet, I am also looking forward to meeting Matthew Lillard.

Nice seeing another Horror fan :jason:

• 4 weeks later...
57 minutes ago, boyokendall said:

My account has been activated at last.  I've just returned back to Aberdeen after my second LFCC.  Very tired, broke but happy.  Hello to everyone!

More north of the border types. Excellent. We will take this forum over eventually. Welcome.