OFFICIAL 'INTRODUCE YOURSELF' THREAD!

Kell

Hi everyone. I'm Giuseppe, I'm 34 years and I live in Italy. I do not really speak English well, I use google translator. I joined because I am fascinated by the idea of meeting Hollywood actors in these events. Probably next year I'm coming to London at the "London film and comic con 2018" My dream is to meet two actors in particular: Anthony Hopkins and Gary Oldman, it will be difficult to come up but you never know ... thank you that you have accepting my request.

Edited by Lecter
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

Hi all, my name is Rob from Devon (Kent originally) and i'm a long time builder of needful things. Went to Exeter film and Comic Con last year and last weekend. I was hoping to take my R2D2 but life got in the way of completing him. He will be attending the next one I go to though for sure (probably Bournemouth 2018). I make replicas of movie and TV props like R2, K.I.T.T. from knight rider, John Hammond''s cane from Jurassic Park and Biffs cane from BTTF among other things. I hope to be able to attend more cons from now on and maybe bring a thing or 2 with me.

• Like 2

Hi everybody,

I'm Matt I'm 31 and a forklift driver from Sheffield. I attended my first comic con this year at Sheffield and was so impressed. The time taken to converse and speak to the guests was brilliant. I'm a wwe fan and enjoy tv shows such as Flash,Arrow,SoA,Supernatural,GoT,Peaky Blinders and anything Marvel. My birthday was just last weekend and I recently returned from my honeymoon in the USA where I visited Wash DC,Philly and NYC. I'm meeting Chris Jericho and Fozzy next month which I'm delighted about as well as a stadium tour of Arsenal FC by a club legend (perks of a birthday) please feel free to get in touch and hopefully see you at a comic con!!! :-)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I only just saw this thread, after having posted a few times on the LFCC section, so thought I'd actually introduce myself.

I live in Kent, and you can see my about me section to get an up to date idea of who I've met, where I've been and who I'd love to meet...  However to give you an idea about what other things I'm interested in - ever want to chat about these give me a shout!

• Tattoos - I've got a fair few, and have just had my walking dead chest and stomach pieces finished :wub: next will be a silent hill nurse pinup on my ribs and another horror themed pinup on the other ribs (haven't decided what yet though - any ideas?)
  • Animals & conservation - this is the industry I work in.

And now for the things which are more relevant and of more interest to other people on this forum:

• I have fairly recently started collecting Funko pop figures and currently own; Annabelle, Jareth (both colours), Ludo, Hoggle, Sarah & worm, Ash, Ursol the Chanter, Alien (large), Ass face, Hellboy (with horns - and have the rest of the set on the way), Darryl Dixon... and I think that's it off the top of my head.
  • I love watching films, especially sci-fi, horror and comedy (the darker the better), with some of my favourite films being; Grimsby, Dawn of the Dead, 28 Weeks Later, World War Z, House of 1,000 corpses, Devil's Rejects, 31, Superbad, Independence Day, Iron Man (the whole series), Mad Max; Fury Road...  and the list goes on and on!
  • I enjoy watching tv and am obsessed with the Walking Dead, the Big Bang Theory, 2 Broke Girls, Ash vs Evil Dead, Archer and Red Dwarf.

Uhmmm and that's probably about as much as I can say about myself that's interesting in any way, other than that I also love to dabble in digital photography and painting!  And serious...  feel free to talk to me!

:WAVE:

49 minutes ago, gecko-markus said:

Tattoos - I've got a fair few, and have just had my walking dead chest and stomach pieces finished :wub: next will be a silent hill nurse pinup on my ribs and another horror themed pinup on the other ribs (haven't decided what yet though - any ideas?)

Related image

1 hour ago, natedammit said:

Related image

Hahaha to be honest I don't necessarily dislike it lol... redesign it in a pinup style drawing and we could have something here!

Also I just realised I was totally off with my funko collection!  I also have negan, caesar, baby groot, gir, nemesis, jack skellington, daenerys targaryen and freddy Krueger... but don' have daryl Dixon yet.

• 3 months later...

Figured I ought to start here.  I'm Sharon, live in Los Angeles, and am quickly approaching the time when a woman traditionally starts lying about her age.   But, deep inside, I'm still 12 years old.  No matter how old I get, I'll pretty much always be a 12-year-old ... but now I'm a 12-year-old with a credit card.  :)

I'm an attorney and occasional theatre critic.

Went to LFCC last year and was quite glad that I did.  I had recently attended a con [name withheld] in the States which was a kind of awful experience, and I was pretty much set to swear them off entirely.  But I decided to give LFCC a chance, bought a one-day ticket, and had a really wonderful time.  (I bought soooo much stuff.)

Planning to go back this year and I'm very tentatively considering the possibility of cosplaying in public (as opposed to, say, at a friend's Halloween party).

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm a traditionalist so decided I'd conform to forum etiquette and introduce myself. 

I'm in my late twenties (specifically vague!) and am female to the best of my knowledge. I live in Southampton and have attended LFCC for the past 3/4 years (I lose count). I've also attended this show on a few occasions but have decided I like LFCC better ;)

I like all sorts which includes, but is not limited to:

+ Criminal Minds

+ Supernatural

+ Doctor Who

+ Sherlock

+ DC Comics (mostly Nightwing & Batgirl) 

+ Various films (horror, romcom, action, etc, etc) 

+ WWF/WWE (mostly attitude era) 

So..... Hello! :WAVE:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi!  My name is Daamon, but I've always used GeneralZodLives on forums.  I'm from the United States but lived in Ealing for awhile about 15 years ago while working as a supply teacher with my wife.  I try to attend 3-4 conventions a year, big and small, to meet celebrities, find collectibles, and talk to people with similar interests.  I've collected toys, statues, comics, and celebrity autographs for a few decades.  There's always someone new to meet or something else to buy for my collection so I don't see myself stopping anytime soon.  I just wish I had a house big enough to hold it all comfortably, lol.  

As for what brought me to this forum, I've been looking for the opportunity to meet Terence Stamp for along time, and I'll finally be able to make that happen this year in Birmingham!  I'm making a special trip to the UK to meet him and Sarah Douglas (and hopefully Jack O'Halloran) for my birthday.  I haven't been back to London since I lived there so I'm going to stay for a bit after the convention.  I'm really looking forward to seeing how the city has changed.  

• Like 3

5 hours ago, GeneralZodLives said:

Hi!  My name is Daamon, but I've always used GeneralZodLives on forums.  I'm from the United States but lived in Ealing for awhile about 15 years ago while working as a supply teacher with my wife.  I try to attend 3-4 conventions a year, big and small, to meet celebrities, find collectibles, and talk to people with similar interests.  I've collected toys, statues, comics, and celebrity autographs for a few decades.  There's always someone new to meet or something else to buy for my collection so I don't see myself stopping anytime soon.  I just wish I had a house big enough to hold it all comfortably, lol.  

As for what brought me to this forum, I've been looking for the opportunity to meet Terence Stamp for along time, and I'll finally be able to make that happen this year in Birmingham!  I'm making a special trip to the UK to meet him and Sarah Douglas (and hopefully Jack O'Halloran) for my birthday.  I haven't been back to London since I lived there so I'm going to stay for a bit after the convention.  I'm really looking forward to seeing how the city has changed.  

Hello!

1 hour ago, Raylenth said:
7 hours ago, GeneralZodLives said:

Hello

Welcome, General! And be careful, that isn't Ben Cumberbatch! ;)

• 2 months later...

Hi Everyone 

I’m Caroline and a huge film fan! I am going to be attending my first LFCC in July this year. So thought it was best to sign up to the forum to keep updated and read all the tips so I know what to do on the day! I have been members of many forums but that was years ago now, I actually love that this looks like a great community! 

• Like 2