OFFICIAL 'INTRODUCE YOURSELF' THREAD!

Kell

Been around for a while but re-introducing myself properly... Anita, mid 40's (ouch! lol) single parent to Luke (15, ouch again lol)

Been to quite a few Showmasters / Massive Events shows over the years. First one was in 2007, so this my 10th year! A whole decade of convention going, woohoooo!!! :dance:

Been quite ill for a while & had a total thyroidectomy this year... slowly recovering & getting back to attending events again... so will probably see you around... :thumbup:

• Like 1

Hey everyone :)

My name's Nadine (despite the username :P), i'm 25 and from Berkshire. This will be my first time ever going to LFCC, and i'm very excited that i'm finally able to go! :D

A couple of my television loves are - Game of Thrones, Person of Interest, Hannibal, Stranger Things and Westworld.

I'm a gamer and my absolute favourite series ever is the Metal Gear Solid series.I also love most things from DC/MARVEL, particularly anything Batman related. Comic wise my favourites are CHEW and Saga, both are fantastic reads.

I'm really looking forward to LFCC this year to see all the wonderful cosplayers, to browse all the stalls and merchandise, to possibly meet some amazing people and to just bask in the atmosphere really xD.

Welcome, Nadine. I'm Chloe. Nice to meet you! :smile:

My name's Nadine (despite the username :P), i'm 25 and from Berkshire. This will be my first time ever going to LFCC, and i'm very excited that i'm finally able to go! :D

A couple of my television loves are - Game of Thrones, Person of Interest, Hannibal, Stranger Things and Westworld.

I'm a gamer and my absolute favourite series ever is the Metal Gear Solid series.I also love most things from DC/MARVEL, particularly anything Batman related. Comic wise my favourites are CHEW and Saga, both are fantastic reads.

I'm really looking forward to LFCC this year to see all the wonderful cosplayers, to browse all the stalls and merchandise, to possibly meet some amazing people and to just bask in the atmosphere really xD.

Hey Chloe :WAVE:

Thank you very much and nice to meet you too. :D

Are you attending the con this year? And if so who are you most looking forward to meeting, if anyone?

• Like 1

Hey Chloe :WAVE:

Thank you very much and nice to meet you too. :D

Are you attending the con this year? And if so who are you most looking forward to meeting, if anyone?

You're welcome, Nadine! :smile:

Yes, I am attending this year. I'm going with my parents. I have a few people on my to meet list so far... I'm hoping to meet Wil Wheaton, Linda Blair and Margot Kidder this year. Who are you hoping to meet if you're attending? :smile:

• 2 months later...

Hey guys, new here and never actually attended a Comic Con, as of yet... I'm hoping that will change in September with the Cardiff event. I've always wanted to attend these events as I'm a big geek and have a massive passion for film and TV. Not many names listed for the Cardiff event so far, but i'm hoping David Prowse and Robert Patrick attend as they seem to be regular guests at the moment, would love to meet both of them.

Also I've got my very own YouTube channel called 'Ashley Thomas'... that be me! haha Its basically a place for me to share my passion and love for film and everything geeky. I do movie reviews, (Don't regard myself professional critique) and unboxings and vlogs. Ashley Thomas - YouTube Channel

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

A little late saying hello, but hello to all. I'm Nigel, a middle aged geek in his second half century, but with diverse interests. First cons were 1978/79 Doctor Who Panopticon weekends. After that it was not until a Watford collector's event in 1999 meeting Colin Baker, Jason Carter and others that I discovered I really wanted to collect autographs, and quite liked con life. Have attended many other cons I cannot mention as we are not grown up enough to talk about their existence, and started getting into the Showmasters events with a Sportsmania at MK, before LFACC in 2015, last year, and this year CFACC, Collectormania, and now looking forward to what promises to be an awesome LFACC at the end of next month. I cannot wait. I also get to go full circle next weekend with a small Watford event that has Colin Baker as a guest - I blame him for getting me started on autographs and cons 18 years ago. I will be officially broke again after LFACC, and go into hibernation for the rest of the year.

Edited by vernusmaximus
I naughtily mentioned other cons. Bad Nigel
  • Like 2

Heads up, Nigel, great to have ya on here, but you can't mention non-SM cons on here as it's against forum rules. Autographica, Sportsmania & Collectormania are grand, but the rest aren't, unfortunately.

Edited by wjbleming

3 hours ago, wjbleming said:

Heads up, Nigel, great to have ya on here, but you can't mention non-SM cons on here as it's against forum rules. Autographica, Sportsmania & Collectormania are grand, but the rest aren't, unfortunately.

What a shame. Too much censorship in the outside world as it is. Have begrudgingly edited my post as I believe in freedom, and dislike petty censorship.

36 minutes ago, vernusmaximus said:

What a shame. Too much censorship in the outside world as it is. Have begrudgingly edited my post as I believe in freedom, and dislike petty censorship.

Nothing to do with censorship, Nigel, all events have this rule in their respective mediums. It's essentially promoting someone else's company on another site, good sir. :smile:

Edited by wjbleming
  • Like 1

I've been on here a little while now, so I thought I'd better do a proper introduction.

Totally new to this as I didn't even know comic cons existed until a few months ago when I went to my first one and got hooked straight away and I am looking forward to my first visit to LFCC in a few weeks time and I'm hoping to get to many more in the future.

• Like 2

Hi there! I'm new here. I'm Stephanie, I am 22 years old and I'm from the Netherlands. This year will be my first LFCC and I'm already looking forward to it. 

Edited by SSiebum
  • Like 4

I'm Beth. I'm 33 years old and I'm from Wigan. I am going to meet Tom Wilson and Christopher Lloyd, and I might also meet Wil Wheaton, Michael Madsen, Veronica Cartwright, James and Oliver Phelps and Tia Carrere.

• Like 1

Hello

I'm Mike, first time poster although I've been visiting Showmasters events since 2011, both LFCC and Collectormania on a yearly basis.

Looking forward to this year's LFCC and making a positive contribution (when required B)) to this forum.

Best to all.

• Like 1

Oh gosh, our bear is leading people into a trap!!! 

tumblr_mmtfsasLsL1rxzw67o1_r1_400.gif

I want to introduce myself. 

I love Finn Jones. Jeremy Renner told me I am beautiful (lies, but he is cute so I can forgive him). I love Mike Shinoda and I have million crushes that are changing every day. I am 12 years old and I am very obsessive and super jealous. If you want to find me during the con you have the best chance to see me creeping up on Finn near his table.