OFFICIAL 'INTRODUCE YOURSELF' THREAD!

Kell

Hello.

I'm Martin. 50 years young from Oxford. I've worked for the UK Science and Technology Facilities Council for 30 years.

I'm a life long Film and TV addict with a particular love of classic film and television comedy and that is where most of my collecting is focused. But also a huge fan of Sci-Fi (Doctor Who, Star Trek, Blakes 7, Star Wars, Space 1999) and Hammer Horror.

And these days I've rediscovered my love of Marvel and DC who I read as a kid and am a huge fan of all the films and TV shows, (especially Arrow, Gotham, Agent Carter, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D, Daredevil and The Flash)

Other favorites are The Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, Banshee and Homeland

Hey all,

I'm Aurélie (there's an accent but in general no French people write my name without it), I'm French and I live near Paris. I already went to some shows before and meet lots of guests.

I was a huge fan of Harry Potter. Now I'm watching mainly Game of Thrones, not a big fan but I love meeting the cast. Otherwise my favourite TV show this time is Teen Wolf.

About the conventions, I like to meet new people (guests and fans) and to talk with the guests who remember me when they are not busy.
About personnal hobbies, I love travelling and watching movies at cinema.

Edited by Aurele

Hey Everyone!

So my name is Matt, I am from the sometimes occasionally sunny land of Cornwall, and LFCC was my first con by SM, Was great fun despite a few logisitical issues which I hope aren't repeated, and I hope to go to more in the future, probably starting with Bournemouth as its closest to home!

Big fan of Sci-Fi, from books, games, TV and films, Buffy and Ghostbusters are my biggest loves, but don't get me started on reboots/remakes!

I also write film and book reviews for Geekchocolate, check us out!

Hope to meet some of you guys in the future, and become part of the "community" more!

I'm Esther

23 from London this was my first comic con and was a great experience, I'm a huge alien fan and meeting sigorney weaver was a dream come true, also getting a signature from newt (Carrie henn) was lovely.

It was great to see so much jewellery their especially Lotr which is quiet hard to find.

(Big thumbs up to the guy dressed as the man in hot pants from money supermarket advert, so funny!!!)

Hey everyone.

I'm Dave, 34 from Tamworth. LFCC was my first proper comic con and it blew my mind. Was great being surrounded by some genuinely nice people who are into all the same kinds of (crap as my Dad would put it) stuff as me. Still strange to think I've met some of my cinematic and TV heroes. Sigourney Weaver, Bill Paxton and Robert Englund to name a few.

Oh and Sylvester McCoy who's just the nicest guy ever.

Hopefully this will be the first of many cons for me and I guess I'll see you all around the forum.

Cheers.

Hi all ... first summer LFCC was last weekend and this forum has been indispensable for helpful information. So thought I'd sign up and say thanks to folks for creating a great community on here; it really helps us newbies out! :thumbup:

David T here, from Kent, UK.

• 2 weeks later...

finally got on here :clap: so here ya go

I'm Shell ( Cheryl if I've done something wrong lol ) from East London , me kids got me into the comic con in 2013 ( plus Jason Momoa there did help lol )

been crewing ever since .

I love watching Supernatural , Vikings , Teen Wolf , Outlander , Arrow , Stargate SG1 plus Atlantis , Salem , Marvel's agents of Shield

NCIS , Sleepy Hollow , Game of Thrones , Hell on Wheels , The Originals , The Muskerteers ,The Red Road , True Blood ,

Vampire Diaries , Walking Dead , Bitten , Black Sails and Dominion just to name a few lol

If i'm not watching the T.V then I'm reading or I'm with me kids or Grandkids :dance:

• Like 2

This was my second year attending London Film & Comic Con and I had a excellent time meeting the cast of Back to the Future. Just want to say a big thank you to Show masters for an excellent job! I had my BTTF 2 poster signed however still need Bob Gale, Thomas F Wilson and Robert Zemeckis.

dviiop.jpg

• Like 3

Better pop myself on here since I'm a newbie :)

My name is Leanne I'm from North Ayrshire and I'll be attending my first con with my fiancé shaun is 2 weeks :D

We love everything marvel, dc, avp, ghostbusters, Ncis, and much more. If we're not watching movies or reading comics were planning our wedding which is comic book themed.

Outside of this I'm a wildlife Rehabilitator and shaun makes bagpipes, we also run our own animal charity which helps reptiles and exotic animals :)

Hi everyone. I am new to these online forums so bear with me. I recently completed a judge dredd costume (2 years in building) for the comic con last month at the Glasgow college of art'. This was my first ever time at cos play. It was a great fun experience especially with my 9year old son as Dennis the Menace. He wanted to meet the folk behind the BEANO Comic. :-)

I am almost 50 years old , husband to my wife Grace, father to my 3 beautiful kids. We live in north ayrshire .

I am a dedicated 2000AD / Judge Dredd fan. I have every issue since it was first issued back in 1977. One of My life long ambitions was to have my own judge costume , more so after fighting my battle with leukaemia , which was diagnosed back in 2006. After a brutal year or so of treatment and a transplant I was able to eventually get back on my feet and be self employed again.

My other life long ambition is to see my kids live long and prosper. Yes I am a bit of a trek fan and Dr Who as well in part.

I have done some film extra roles in the past....My last one was a few years back with Robert Duvall, Michael Keaton,and Brian Cox in A Shot At Glory. Quite an experience so it was.

Looking forward to more cos play at Braehead later this month.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm Gemma (33), I live in Glasgow Scotland. I am pretty new to conventions, LFCC was my first!

I love American Horror Story and Orphan Black. Those are my fave shows. I love horror films, anything scary is great.

image_2.jpg

I'm a student studying "health & social care", I had such a great time at London that I decided to help out and crew at the Glasgow event this weekend and hoping to add many more to my list. It's great to see how much fun fans get into the shows, dressing up and being excited meeting their fave stars.

Been around for about a year on this forum but only just found this thread...

I'm jakers (Jack to my friends), and I'm a nerdoholic.

I started going to cons in 2014 when I went to LFCC, and have been addicted ever since! I've spent way too much money on these events already...

My main goal is to meet every major Game of Thrones actor and actress, so keep them coming, SM!

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone!

I'm Jonny, 27 years old from Sunderland. I'm almost an absolute newbie when it comes to conventions but did go to first one last year at Newcastle. I'll be returning this year as well in November.

I work as a Software Developer based between Sunderland and Durham. I'm primarily interested in films (sci-fi, adventure), Terminator being my favourite franchise of them all, hence why the main reason for attending last year's event to meet Kristanna Loken. I also love Breaking Bad, Godzilla, The Hunger Games, Batman, Transformers, and Jurassic Park to name a few. Basically if it's got robots, dinosaurs or aliens in it I'm probably going to like it, not forgetting post-apocalyptic related series and films too. I also enjoy gaming when I get the chance which is rare nowadays (Playstation) and cosplay, although I've never done anything myself I am an admirer!

The person I'd like to meet most would obviously be Arnold Schwarzenegger as unlikely as that may be but you never know!

11116715_809382429097191_1200544205_n.jp

See you guys in a month! :smile:

• 1 month later...

Hi there

My name's Seb.

I live in North Norfolk.

I had attended Collectormania 2-13 but circumstances prevented me from attending later events until last year's November Collectormania when I started cosplaying.

I've been to this year's LFCC as well as Brigthon FCC and making plans to attend next year's Spring and Summer LFCCs.

I usually cosplay as the Seventh Doctor, and cosplayed as 12 a couple of times, but am working on a few other cosplays for next year.

I do have a cosplay page on Facebook but dare not share the link unless Showmasters allow me to.

12079704_901167519977551_380192365996524

At last! It's taken weeks for those naughty mods to properly activate my account but finally I'm on.

I'm from Brighton and attended the recent Brighton Comic Con with my 12-year-old son.

Bonding over things like Star Wars, Aliens, Back to the Future and Marvel movie has been one of the highlights of being a father and comic cons are a celebration of that for us as well as Mrs Lobot.

Obviously, right now we're a little too excited about The Force Awakens but already looking forward to next year's Brighton Comic Con and hopefully one or two other events.

Cheers!

• 2 months later...

Howdy!

I'm Suzy, I'm 31, married and love signing conventions. I've been to Collectormania, a few LFCCs, Entertainment Media Show and a Walking Dead event. I love meeting the guests, going to panels, getting merch and meeting other like minded people.

Hope to see you all at a show soon xxxx

Edited by StuartG2198

Hi Suzy, welcome to the forum - just a word of warning though for you going forward, forum rules dictate that you cannot mention the names of events and conventions run by other companies. You can say that you have been to a Walking Dead convention but not the name of it.

• 1 month later...

Hey all

Im brand new to the land of showmasters forums so just wanted to say hi.

I love attending cons and meeting legends as well as meeting new people who are in to the same tv and films as myself. I attended LFCC last year and it was amazing!.

Anyway be awsome to meet folks who are going in July. Feel free to add me as a friend if you wish.

Thanks

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, I'm Pamela. I'm quite a big Marvel fan but of other things too. I started cosplaying earlier this year and so far it's been Winter Soldier and Captain America. I'm in the process of making a brand new Winter Soldier costume for summer LFCC which I'm pretty excited about, making two days out of it so you may see me as my Stephanie Rogers guise too. I'm hoping to get to at least one or two other conventions this year, one in my home town which would be great. I just really enjoy the cosplay side of it more than anything and seeing everybody else in their costumes. :)

I have a facebook page for my cosplay stuff and Instagram if anybody wants to take a peek. Northern Lights Cosplay

Hiyah! I am Iris, 22, from the Netherlands.

I have been around on this forum since Sherlocked last year, but barely post(ed). Recently I found out about Amsterdam Comic Con, and having been to a convention in Paris two weeks ago (for Andrew Scott), I wanted to keep an eye on it all, and while doing so I found out that being on this forum and just aimlessly reading is something I enjoy a lot.

As mentioned before.. Andrew Scott. Yep, that 'Moriarty guy' (don't actually call him this in conversation with me though), he is my all time favorite actor, man, human being. I have been regularly meeting him since April 2014. It's gotten to the point where I find paying to meet him a bit weird considering the relationship that has developed but it has happened before and will happen again. Because in the end he is the only one I would actually pay for because he's worth it.

I've only been to 2 conventions so far, and I only met Andrew at both of them, but hopefully the list will continue to grow(if not for Andrew, then possibly just for the actual convention). I have, however, met a lot of people at stage doors and premieres in London.

Nice to meet you all! xx

Hi!

I'm Georgia, 31, and the November 2016 Newcastle Film and Comic Con will be the first I've attended! I'm a little bit nervous, a whole lot confused, and have a bunch of questions but don't know where to ask them!!

I love Primeval, The Musketeers, Arrow, Stargate SG1, Stargate Atlantis, Buffy, Jessica Jones, Sanctuary... Just starting to watch Game of Thrones after my boss insisted I borrow her DVDs!

If there's anywhere I can post some general questions about the event, please can someone let me know? I'm just wondering about the photograph sessions/timings as I don't think I'll be able to stay the whole day and want to make sure I can a) get a photo and B) get hold of it once its been taken! :) (Assuming my nerves don't get the better of me and I don't just wander around looking at the guests I want to see from a distance, haha!!)

Edited by GeorgiaG

• 1 month later...

Ave all,

Names Midnight, or rather, thats the name I prefer, damn facebook bit me and made me use my crappy rl.
i'm 31, been doing cons since i was about 24ish. first SM/ME was Hub 2

Atm my main fandoms are Shadowhunters and the Arrow verse as well as Chicago (pd,fire,med)

but I can converse on anything from Power rangers, charmed, buffy, b5, star trek, xena,

my first first first fandom (imo) was a little known show called the Tribe and this is where my intro picture comes from
12573126_10153360397701711_7348939151862don't know how to minimize the damn thing

• Like 1