OFFICIAL 'INTRODUCE YOURSELF' THREAD!

Kell

Hello all,

Also been sneaking around for a while. LFCC14 will be my first UK con and very much looking forward to it. Have booked shoots with Lena and Summer. The list of possible impulse buys is too long to list here. Is going to be great.

I am running a geekblog that will try to do some coverage during and after from the point of view of a con virgin. Shameless plug. OmegaMutant.com

Very much looking forward to meeting you all

Regards

Zen @ OmegaMutant

Edited by OmegaMutant

Oops I forgot to do one of these haha...

My name's Bethany, I'm 22 and from the Midlands! I love listening to music whilst reading comics and graphic novels, going to gigs, watching sci-fi/fantasy/horror movies and obsessing over television series, especially ones I can have a marathon watch of on Netflix!

Feel free to add me on Facebook, I'd like to get to know people before this weekend especially! :) https://www.facebook.com/bethany.mincher.5

Hi ho peeps!

Im Tanner, im from London & Essex, been going to Showmasters events for years, I was a member on here years ago but long since lost my old log in details, but I have re-joined today as I least I can interact fully rather than just reading about what's going on.

Very much looking forward to #LFCC this weekend :clap: Feel free to tweet me if your at the event & say hi

T.

Hello All

I have luckily won tickets for the London Film and Comic Con, and have never been to one of these before, (even though i have always wanted to). I am wondering on what exactly people do, and if you need to take lots of Change, or can buy tickets / coupons with a card, to be able to get photo's / autographs ?

Am really looking forward to the event over the weekend, and will see most of you there!

Any other advice would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Steve

Hi I'm Sting Rae - Obviously not my real name. I'm an outgoing but non-believer of myself 21 year old originally from Wales now live in England. Art was originally my career choice until I thought I wasn't good enough so led off into the business side of degrees (slightly boring).

I'm doing all of this because of my brother who has attended numerous events of this kind and thought I should put my work out there for everyone to see and not be so afraid anymore. So I'm going out on a limb and putting all my efforts in Cardiff Film & Comic Con which I have to admit I'm excited about.

Loved films all my life and have been to many studios over the world. They don't make them like they used to especially horror films. Bring back the golden age of Hollywood...but for now I will live vicariously through the Classics !!!

Hey,

Just realised I've never done this lol!

I first found out about conventions when Ernie Hudson was doing the Midlands con and that was me hooked as I'm a huge ghostbusters fan and I had to be there!

I volunteered to help crew the event as well as it was all new so why not throw yourself in the deep end!!

SM aside I'm heavily involved in volunteer work and charity work as I am a qualified football coach and work with u7s locally to me.

I am also the official charity mascot for help harry help others - google it and that is me in the profile picture and its amazing work!

Hi everyone :)

My name is Lisa. I'm a 37 year old South African who lives on the Cambridgeshire/Suffolk border with my partner (who is an even bigger geek than me!) and our 16 year old daughter who is named . . . Storm . . . (yup, that's really how deep the geek runs in our family!). We've been going to the MK and Manchester Cons for a few years now but this year was our first visit to LFCC and we loved it (after adjusting to the massive crowds) so I think we'll be going every year from now on.

I love all things sci-fi and fantasy (Vikings, Fringe, Eureka, GoT, True Blood, Firefly, Castle, Arrow, The Almighty Johnsons, Walking Dead, Hannibal, Warehouse 13, Grimm, The Following, X-Files, Under the Dome, Buffy and Angel) as well as 80's TV shows. We're a family of gamers too and have played World of Warcraft for about 8 years, as well as some newer MMO's. I'm a total bookworm as well, mostly horror but also some fantasy.

As far as hobbies go, we obviously collect autographs (pics and dvd box sets), but also movie replica weapons. My partner and daughter love Warhammer and my partner used to be heavily involved in LARP (we're looking into getting back into that). I desperately want to try cosplay at some of the cons but haven't quite worked up the guts to do it yet. I'm determined to do it one day though.

Lastly, our family is completed by our geeky pets . . . the cats, Buffy and Spike, hedgehog Oz, and our rats Thor, Loki, Murdock, Hannibal, Face, Raiden, Logan, Mary-Jane and Pepper Potts. :laugh:

Hi Everyone!

I'm Rosie i'm 24 - i've been on the forum for a few years but never really posted on here that much.

My first con was Collectormania London 2009 and i've been to a few since - the latest was LFCC 2014!

In the last 2 years i've wanted to go to more cons! so i'm hoping to go to LFCC winter :)

Rosie x

Edited by btvsfan

• 2 weeks later...
Hey I'm Lauren,

I don't usually sign-up/comment on forums, I'm one of those people that'll spend ages browsing threads reading everyone else's discussions, but then never join in myself for some reason, so I've finally gotten around to making an account and am forcing myself to get involved for once :)

My biggest passion is PC gaming (PC Master Race lol :P) and with that my 2nd biggest passion has become playing with PC hardware, building my own rigs and what not. I actually started up a YouTube channel around it and thanks to a few sponsors, that's become my job! :D

The first convention I went to was LFCC 2012, which a mate was attending and I thought i'd just tag along to see what it was all about and I had such a great time, met so many awesome guests and it was so much fun, that I completely fell in love with the whole experience of it and decided then and there that I wanted to go to every convention from then on! Sadly though I'm terrible with budgeting and always want to meet like half the guest list, so have only been able to afford to go to once since then. (LFCC 2014)

I've always wanted to cosplay at an event, but so far have had difficulty working up the courage, definitely going to the next time I go though, already have half of my costume acquired :D

Also I have a bunny rabbit named Karliah :3

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi there. I've been lurking for a while but finally decided to sign up today. I've gone to both events in Cardiff so far and I've already bought my early bird passes for November's event. However, it looks like I may also be crewing it too so that'll be new.

I used to go to conventions all the time in the late '90s, early 2000s and went to events in Leicester, Cardiff, Bournemouth, Blackpool and Bristol. I was heavily involved in a club called Kronos 1, a Star Trek club here in Cardiff for several years. Then in the mid 2000s, I stopped doing it all. I didn't go to a convention again until an event in Peterborough in 2012 gave me the convention bug again. Further events in early 2013 persuaded me to continue and then Cardiff Comic Con appeared practically on my doorstep!

I'm into my sci-fi (space-based stuff mainly like Star Trek, Red Dwarf, Farscape, Firefly, Doctor Who, Stargate) but love some stuff like Buffy, Angel, Torchwood, etc. Love my gaming too, both modern (Xbox 360) and retro (Spectrum/Amiga)

I'm also into motor sports and I'll be missing the Brazilian Grand Prix for CFCC but it's worth the sacrifice (plus that's what Sky+ was put on this Earth for). I probably won't be able to contribute too much on here as I doubt I'll get to much outside of Cardiff but who knows? Looking forward to chatting to you all though.

Geoff

Edited by retroenzo

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone I'm liam people call me Lem or lemmy

27 from clacton in Essex I joined the forum earlier in the year just before attending my first con lfcc2014 summer and have Judy stumbled across this thread after exploring the forums a bit more

was raised on scifi and 80s action movies which influenced me in later life.

id probably say that the song of ice and fire books/game of thrones show and anything star wars and sons of anarchy are my biggest loves but also love all the star treks even enterprise, firefly, bsg (old and new), stargate, Big bang theory, real world history and far to many more to list

Work as a Tec in an electronics factory, play bass in a local band and am a amateur videographer

my next con will be lfcc winter :)

:WAVE:My name is Paul, but I go by BlueDragon. I'm 25, I live in Newcastle (UK) area. I'm a genuine Nerd. I work as a cook/chef and my real passion is for drawing comic heroes, villains and dragons.

I play boardgames/table-top, watch movies (sci-fi, dc comic and marvel), read (comic books, dr who books and biography's), plus i like a bit of anime. my favourite tv shows are Smallville, Gotham, Doctor Who, Red Dwarf, Star Trek: The Next Generation, and Comic Book Men.
i love Yaya Han and Kristen Hughey

Wil Wheaton is my nerd hero, he is awesome!

Edited by bluedragon_89

I'm Tanith (not my real name), I'm a huge TV show nerd and a roleplay lover, and I'm mildly obsessed with faeries.

Not very much to tell... I mostly roleplay on forums or on Tumblr. My main fandoms are Merlin and Being Human, but my obsessions are too numerous to name so I shall leave you with those two. I attended Collectormania 21 on a whim and loved it so much I began planning my return for Collectormania 22 the very same day. Thus began my obsession with cosplaying and I am now the proud owner of a replica of Elsa's ice dress from Frozen. (Why Elsa? Why Frozen? I don't know, I don't even like it all that much... but Let It Go is catchy and Elsa is easily recognizable, and people seem to like it!)

My top ten convention guest wishlist would be

1. Bradley James
  2. Aidan Turner
  3. Colin Morgan
  4. Katie McGrath
  5. Angel Coulby
  6. Eoin Macken
  7. Tom Hopper
  8. Rupert Young
  9. Lenora Crichlow
  10. Anthony Head

And maaaany others. I have way too many. I got a selfie with Paul McGann once though. He's a baby angel.

So yeah. I fear I may just begin rambling now, but that's me in a nutshell.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, my names Alexa :) I have interests in anime, manga, cosplay, cartoons and comics.

I love many many many characters for Sherlock Homes to Elsa :) (and a hell of alot more of course)

I'm kinda a newbie at cosplay. I cosplayed Elsa's ice dress last may at Cardiff Comic-con and aimed to do her coronation gown for the November Comic con but decided that I prefered a bit of a challenge. So on the 8th & 9th of November at Cardiff comic con I shall be dressed as my own personal style of Harley Quinn which is mostly based of the original animation series.

I am currently finishing my A-levels and I'm in love with Art and Photography and wish to get an A* in both

Thank you for reading :) I hope you have a nice day. Heres some pictures of my cosplay <3

1441381_351310355049329_847182107699600810561797_351310391715992_70056663318175410689543_351310395049325_591000333111028

hey there im matthew im 19 years old and I live in Merthyr Tydfil im obsessed with Justin timberlake and love my doctor who im afraid of hights I don't have anyfriends so im hoping someone will reply to this and maybe email me at matthew.phillips16@hotmail.co.uk and get into contact with me please do im going to comic this saterday and would love someone to go with and make some friends there and maybe even meet a girl thankyou

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everybody!

Im Susannah and I currently reside in the outskirts of London. Dulwich in fact... I'm a newbie here on this forum, but I am very well aware of the growing fandom of Comic cons and cosplays alike :) I am 21 nearing 22 heh, and at the time of writing this post am currently in my last year of university. I love cartoons, comics and cosplaying the latter which I only just started to do, but I have always wanted to do, just sadly never had the guts....till now! I will admit here and now, that I am a massive Transformers fan always have been, G1, Prime, Bay Verse, WOC, MTMTE..... you name it! Im cosplaying as one in 2015.

Id love to get to know and meet more friends who share the same interests in person and online as I am very friendly and am all too eager to extend my friendship out to anyone possible!

You are more than welcome to follow me on facebook here and find out what cosplays I have in store to see: https://www.facebook.com/Susannah.Phillips777

Many thanks!

Edited by Susannah Rainbow

• 1 month later...

Hi, I'm Moni, almost 27 and I'm from Germany. I'm a huge fan of Justin Timberlake, Tina Majorino and a lot TV series :) I work for our major, fixing bigger and/or minor IT problems and offering support for him and all the colleagues. I've been to various shows and conventions before but I guess nothing as big as next year's Film and Comic Con.

I love to read books (pyscho thriller), watch movies (horror, splatter, gore) and listen to music. My friends say that I'm always good for a laugh.

Heeeyyyy I adore TV and Film !! Huge fan of Horror (old and new love love lovvee Vincent Price ) I met Robert Englund (Freddy Kruger) at Cardiff comic con and made him friendly flower , best day ever!! Anything Tim Burton, Tarantino, Romero, Craven ,Whedon, BTVS, (met Anthony head ahaha) Firefly, TWD, GOT, True Blood, AHS, Scrubs (I have high fived the Todd), psych,Doctor Who, Grimm, Sherlock, Once upon a time etc etcc x

Hi

Most people call me Ducky, so I sometimes believe, it's really my name ;)

I 'm 46 years old but my mind is still young.

I've been a fan of tv shows and movies most of my life. 2012 was the first time I was at a convention (another show in Gemrany) and since then a lot of other cons followed. This year will be my first time at the LFCC, when I read about the BttF reunion and especially about the appearence of Lea Thompson, I couldn't resist any longer.

If you want to know more about me, my fav tv shows, ..., feel free to visit my homepage: http://duckysworld.jimdo.com/

Hey fellow fans!! Hope you are all well and enjoying 2015 so far! Firstly, I must apologise if there is already a thread on this... Secondly, this is my first post- so be kind!!

Does anyone know if Mr Reedus will be appearing at ANY conventions in the UK this year? I have searched and searched the internet to no avail, and my life will not be complete until I hug that man (I'm sure many of you agree!!) Any news/details/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Again, apologies if this has already been discussed or if this is in the incorrect thread... I'm new... I'll learn!

X

• Like 1