OFFICIAL 'INTRODUCE YOURSELF' THREAD!

Kell

Ah well, I wasn't going to but might as well :) Seems like a really quiet forum though? Might be best or I will spend all day gabbing away :)

I'm David, love my sci-fi but its took a few years to embrace my inner nerd. I'm a huge wrestling fan too. I've always been a big collector of stuff, my friend claims its called Completism which probably sums it up just right.

Still finding my feet with a lot of things that you all will be familiar with. I don't think I'll buy comics but I like them whenever I read them. The whole layout is too much for my brain to comprehend. Series on series, interlaced with other comics and....yeah, I'll stick with 2hr films. nice and simples :)

I got really hooked into Batman (Bale) but always liked it from afar before him. That introduced to watching Iron-Man, Captain America, Avengers and so on. My friend Victoria suggested I come to Collectormania in Glasgow later this year so that seems quite cool. Not big on meeting "celebs" but it will be nice to see stalls, whats on offer and just enjoy myself and learn a bit more.

I love Lord of The Rings and The Hobbit. Stephen King's Dark Tower series is incredible and i enjoy Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time too.

Hopefully chatter picks up a wee bit on here as it would be cool to talk to new people as I dont really know anyone else into all this.

Cheeeeers

Edited by vodkawrestling

• Moderators

Hey David, cool name ;)

As QS said, it is kinda in between events. Plus many people will talk on Facebook, Twitter etc. There's a lot more options these days to when we first started here :)

• Like 1

Thanks Queen and David, appreciate the quick replies!

Yeah I suppose those sites have took right over. I will hold strong and not re-activate my Facebook. I'm close to 6 months since I shut it and miss the chat but not pictures of kitten, trying to cure cancer by liking a picture and bringing soldiers home by sharing a sad image. Twitter is the way ahead :smile:

I done a wee search in the last few weeks but still feel a bit daft adding strangers because they happened to mention 4 months ago something I have a similar interest in. Although after a few vods it becomes a lot easier to press Follow back :whistling:

• Moderators

Haha Twitter should be exactly that - finding people with similar interests etc and chatting. If they didn't want to, they'd be on private :)

Loads of people have it on here so I'm sure you'll find plenty of like-minded people to chat to.

Hello Everyone! :)

My names Daniel (or Danny as i'm more commonly called). I'm 16 from Bristol. Although i'm new to Show Master events I have been to several others in the past such as Big Finish Day 2 in Barking, Greatest Show in the Galaxy in Peterborough last year and other smaller events so I'm familiar to the atmosphere of conventions. I'm a HUGE sci-fi fan and absolutely love Doctor Who as well as other amazing shows like the Walking Dead, Red Dwarf, The Big Bang Theory, Star Wars, Sherlock, James Bond and many others. My main topics of interest (other than sci-fi of course) are Drama, Media Studies, English and ICT. I'm attending Collectormania 19 at Milton Keynes this year so it'd be great to get to know people who regularly attend or who are also new comers!

Looking forward to hopefully getting to know people!

Edited by EmperorDhs

Hi guys, Im Jake (as you can see ;) )

I'm from Northamptonshire and joined up to this site about 2/3 weeks ago!

I used to go to collectormania when Milton Keynes held them in the town centre several years ago as a friend of mine used to run a comic stall there and i'd help him out.

Ive been wanting to get back into the convention scene for ages now and i finally can now that i have passed my driving test and am buying a car next month!

I did attend last years collectormania but that was literally out of sure luck that i my uncle just happened to ask if i was interested in going, but now i drive i can attend all of showmasters events :D

I am unbelievably excited about CM19 as i get to meet the Red Dwarf cast and Gillian Anderson, there are also a few others i intend to meet aswell! I will also be attending LFCC aswell as CM20 in October and Hallowheadon as im a massive Buffy/Angel fan.

My life literally revolves around television as i want to be a screenwriter which i am currently studying Media Production at college hoping to get into Uni to take my studies further :) Joss whedons a huge inspiration to me as i love his writing technique.

So anyways, thats just a little bit about me, feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/jake_jesus

:)

Edited by JakeJesus

• 3 weeks later...

obviously new to this, just in the process of clearing out my loft, ready for a new roof. Anyone interested in giving a new home to a large collection of Hotspur, Victor, Warlord comics & annuals. All in good condition (staples are still silver) all well looked after. Shame to see them go, but

• 1 month later...

yo son!

i'm not really into forums / social networking these days but figured i'd join as i was browsing through the site - i'll be doing the MK collectormania & london film/comic con this year - i've been to both quite a few times before & i usually end up buying a few transformers to add to my collection - i'm on fb & twitter as "siburke939" so feel free to add me (especially if you like transformers toys &/or playing pokemon) but don't be surprised if i'm never on there!

• 4 weeks later...

Hey everyone!

First of all: Thanks again to Queen_Sindel, who created my account since my email address didn't really work on here.

My name is Alex, I'm 24 and from Aachen in Germany. My user name was the name of a MMORPG character I played (Lord of the Rings Online to be precise). I'm quite new to the whole convention business - I've only attended another show (a SciFi con in Germany) last year and this year. Some people keep telling me that the "golden era" of conventions is over and that prices for autographs and photo ops are rising "ridiculously" - well... I don't know about that and to be honest I don't even care that much. As long as I have some fun, everything is allright!

Now why did I join the SM forums? Well, I'd love to go to some SM events (especially LFCC and Hallowhedon), but I don't really like being alone. I hope to make some friends on here before I come to the UK for the second time in my life :D I'd love to get to know some people who I could meet there and go to a party with. Someone who could possibly take pictures of me if needed :)

Of course I should tell some things about myself, too. I'm really into SciFi and Fantasy - books, movies, TV shows... I absolutely love Star Trek in all its forms of appearance, but especially Voyager. But I'm into other shows, too, such as Firefly, Battlestar Galactica, Stargate, Buffy, Angel, Criminal Minds, Friends (!), Bones, Castle, House MD, Sanctuary, The Walking Dead, Game of Thrones and many more... You might notice that I only mentioned US shows - that's because I didn't really like UK shows (in opposite to UK movies which I love since I can think back) for a long time... I have no idea why it was like this. I became what I call "brit-ified" over the last years. It all started when I first saw a little show called Life on Mars and now I love Merlin, Doctor Who, Torchwood, Sherlock, Luther, BBC's Robin Hood, Mad Dogs, Ashes to Ashes, Hustle... I sound like a TV show addict, don't I? But that's okay... because I am! Favorite movies? Too many to count! Just to name a few: about every single Muppets movie, Gremlins, Back to the Future, Ghostbusters, Independence Day, Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Love Actually, LotR, Harry Potter, Indiana Jones, Serenity... My guilty pleasures are Romantic Comedies - especially when Hugh Grant is in them. My favorite writers are Terry Pratchett, Douglas Preston & Lincoln Child, China Miéville, Cody McFadyen, John Grisham, J. R. R. Tolkien, Michael Crichton, Will Hill and German author Christoph Marzi whom you should DEFINITELY check out.

My other interests (YES, I have time for that :D) are sports (football and American football), writing, collecting autographs through the mail, Twitter, hanging out with my friends and some photography.

If you're interested, just contact me via Twitter or Facebook - links should be in my signature :) I'm looking forward to getting to know many new people :) Oh, and if there are any more questions - don't hesitate to ask :)

Cheers!

Right.. er... hi? My name is Steve, but I'm usually called Merc cos of my usual online username of Mercury Rapids (some books I wrote ages ago and used the title once for my username and it stuck..lol). Anyhoo, I'm an old fogey at 46 (last Wednesday!!) with a 20 year-old autistic son who is awesome. Into loads of sci-fi/horror/general filmy stuff (except for the new Star Treks... don't get me started.... but I digress... I attended my first Collectormania in May and was blown away. Definitely going to the next one, even if it is a bit of a drive down the M1. That's about it really. Got a website at www.mercuryrapids.co.uk and there's stuff to read and gawk at there and links to my Facebook and Twitter pages (don't use Twitter much... I find it confusilating). See you all around, I suppose. - Steve (Merc)

Hi !

I'm Laurent, 34 YO, from southern France (near Marseille if that rings any bell).

I'm a geek, well, for a long time now :P I did my first convention at the age of 15 or something like that, and i never really stopped since that time. I did a lot of cons in France, principally revolving around japanese animation and cosplay. LFCC will be my very first convention on TV shows, comics and movies and also my first in a foreign country, so i'm really eager to see how you british people are doing this (i've been told you were great at it). I'm just a little afraid of my spoken english, i'm at ease with written language but talking and understanding might be a totally different story. We'll see :P

I like video games, reading good books, roleplaying games (computer or on a good old table with dices), anime, movies (specially horror movies), of course TV shows (The X Files is one of my all-times favorites, but there are plenty more, Dr House, Supernatural, TBBT and more recently i fell in love with GOT).

None of my friends will be crazy enough to make the travel with me, i'll be alone so if you ever want to say hi or talk a little about shared interests, be my guest ;) Should be less pale than on those ones, summer's starting to show its rays here :P

hyaPb8A.jpg

3b81ZwP.jpg

Edited by Vonsid

Hi Guys,

I'm Matt from Bournemouth. I've never been to any sort of convention before, but am really excited.

I'm attending with my wife and our newly born baby girl :smile:

I've never seen the Star Trek or Stargate TV series I'm afraid, but love the films. In fact I watched Stargate for the first time in about 15 years the other day!

I'm attending beacuse of my love for Game of Thrones and have booked to have my photo taken with Tyrion, Cersai and Drogo! It's my favorite TV show, although Banshee is a close second atm. I like sci-fi and fantasy whether it be books, TV, film or x-box games.

My wife is having her photo with the Hoff and to say that she is excited would be the understatement of the year!

Really looking forward to taking in the atmosphere and seeing all of your cosplay effofts (I'm too scared to dress up myself). If any of your guys are going as an Ewok or Chewbacca can I grab a photo please?! In fact any Star Wars character would be great (apart from Jar Jar Binks - not a fan!).

Feel free to follow me on twitter @themattreeds

All the best

Matt AKA MOTP

Hi, I'm Nicola, and I am 19 from North Wiltshire.

CFCC will be my first showmasters event.

I am completely obsessed with BBC's Merlin and Colin Morgan, but I love load of fantasy, and Sci-fi shows like Game of Thrones, Supernatural, Doctor Who, Star wars ect.

I do cosplay a little, and will probably be doing Merlin for cardiff.

Hello everyone,

My name's Lucy, I'm 17 and I'm from Petersfield, Hampshire. I'm currently studying Media Production and English at college and my dream career at the moment is to be a casting director!

I've been attending SM cons since 2011, with my parents and my twin sister (HiddlesStark is her username on here :smile: ) and finally felt it was time to join the forum.

Things I like: Marvel, Star Trek, Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit, Disney, James Bond, Star Wars, Supernatural, Firefly, Merlin, Doctor Who, Game of Thrones, Sherlock, Big Bang Theory, How I Met Your Mother, Desperate Housewives, Frasier, Downton Abbey, Heroes, Friends, Hunger Games, Soul Eater, Death Note, xxxHolic, Deadman Wonderland, Ao No Exorcist, Black Butler, Black Blood Brothers, Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicle, Pandora Hearts

Hobbies: Blogging, photography, reading, writing fanfiction that I never show to anyone ;), watching movies/TV shows/anime, travelling, cosplaying

The only cosplay I've done so far at a SM event was an Alice android with my sister for DSTL but I will (hopefully) be cosplaying Fili from the Hobbit at LFCC in July!

I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone!

Lucy

• 2 weeks later...

Ragh.

Okay, I'm Amy. I'm 13.

I am officially the coolest person in my school by my own regards. If it was up to everyone else, I'd be at the bottom of the hierachy.

I live in Dorset, but I've moved around quite a lot since I was 7 months old.

I write some stories, but end up hanging them and forgetting about them.

I have a Tumblr (suckonthatlucifer) which I'm in pretty much 24/7. I'd say I play video games, but my parents can't afford an XBOX for me on top of my brothers, so I don't.

I love reading, it's just below films and TV shows. At the moment, I'm reading A Song of Ice and Fire, which my mother hates and made me swear I wouldn't read any of the other books. But I've just gone out and bought three more from the series, so I guess that kind of failed.

My fandom list is quite extensive, but I'll write it for you anyway.

• -Supernatural
  • -Sherlock
  • -Doctor Who
  • -The Avengers
  • -Spiderman
  • -Batman
  • -Superman
  • -Hannibal
  • -Star Trek
  • -Star Wars
  • -Harry Potter
  • -The Hunger Games
  • -Game of Thrones
  • -Tolkien
  • -Adventure Time
  • -Merlin
  • -Naruto
  • -The Walking Dead
  • -Wolf’s Rain
  • -Downton Abbey
  • -John Green
  • -Homestuck

I told you it was extensive.

Well that's about it....

Oh yeah, picture.

https://www.facebook...&type=3

Sorry for it being hipster-ish

Hey guys

I'm Ciaran.

17 years old, from Ickenham.

I'm a gigantic horror fan - and LOVE everything from the Walking Dead to the old 50s pulp films.

Oh I have a bit of a soft spot for Tyrion Lannister, so I'm preparing my friends to queue for ages! :)

Hi Everyone. Im Gareth 34 from Worcestershire. Been going to cons for over 15 years now. Main showmasters ones being LF&CC, Autographica and Collectormania London (have a Milton keynes aversion so rarely attend Collectormania MK). Will also be attending Collectormaia Glasgow this year for the first time.

Don’t think I have posted on this section before but I’m off to LF&CC again this year after missing last one so thought I’d finally introduce myself. Not staying over this year as I was a bit late with the hotels and getting bit pricey.

Main Interests (roughly in order of importance)

Star Wars, Lord of the Rings/Hobbit, Pegg/Frost/Wright, X-men/Marvel Comics, Graphic Novels/Alan Moore, Harry Potter, Bond plus many more.

If you see me say hello

pic.twitter.com/gQCUycFVWJ

Edited by gobo1979uk

OMG! I really feel ancient after reading some of these posts! Greetings, I'm Sharon aka Shaz/Shazza. I'm 51, yes there are people that age out there, although I gotta say, I don't act it. I live in sunny Southend (a big hi to all the other Essex bods out there!). I've been to many Cons mainly in the 80's and 90's when they were held in cosy hotels and you could bump into guests at breakfast, lunch, dinner, in the bar etc. Have had a few wild times with a few guests in the past. Have somehow not managed to attend anything recently but will be in London this weekend - lord knows it's near enough! I am a fan of many things, Star Trek, Dr Who, Star Wars, Alien films, Bladerunner, The Abyss, James Bond, Farscape .... the list is endless. It's my first time on a forum of this kind but looking forward to getting back in the game. It's been too long. Photo to follow. See ya for now Shazza

• Like 1

Hey hope you have a good time. Might be a bit of a shock if you are used to hotel based cons. LF&CC is quite a big (although far from biggest) con - doesnt seem to get overlycrowded like some other cons though so still fairly relaxed.

OMG! I really feel ancient after reading some of these posts! Greetings, I'm Sharon aka Shaz/Shazza. I'm 51, yes there are people that age out there, although I gotta say, I don't act it. I live in sunny Southend (a big hi to all the other Essex bods out there!). I've been to many Cons mainly in the 80's and 90's when they were held in cosy hotels and you could bump into guests at breakfast, lunch, dinner, in the bar etc. Have had a few wild times with a few guests in the past. Have somehow not managed to attend anything recently but will be in London this weekend - lord knows it's near enough! I am a fan of many things, Star Trek, Dr Who, Star Wars, Alien films, Bladerunner, The Abyss, James Bond, Farscape .... the list is endless. It's my first time on a forum of this kind but looking forward to getting back in the game. It's been too long. Photo to follow. See ya for now Shazza

Hello. Hope everyone enjoyed LF&CC. I certainly did and will be heading for Winter version later in the year. Got Glasgow before then though. Just wanted to add my twitter address @GarethW1138 feel free to add me or let me know your addresses so I can add you. Don't have many geeky friends on twitter so be good to find a few people. Cheers.