OFFICIAL 'INTRODUCE YOURSELF' THREAD!

Kell

• 3 weeks later...

Hi I'm Samantha, mostly get Sam though, I'm another one of the newbies, wanted to go to LFCC but sadly funds were lacking but have managed to get all sorted for ET8, so excited and nervous as it's getting closer, will admit I can be a little shy inperson to begin with but once the ice is broken a good bit i get chatty.

Love Sci fi/Bond/Buffy/Dr Who and many more.

Excited fangirl cause I know I will have lots of fun at ET8 :dance: and will definitely have to go to others, oh and just realised my Avengers bluray will be waiting for me when i get back from work tomorrow. Joss Whedon is great!

Anyway facebook and twitter should be in my signature add away :thumbup:

• 4 weeks later...

Hi I'm Liz and I'm also a newbie to both the forum and to cons :)

I'm going to ET8 in a few days and I'm so excited about it! I love all things Twilight and have a particular love for Peter Facinelli/Carlisle Cullen!

I also love Doctor Who and will hopefully do a DW con at some point too! x

OMG you all make me feel ancient! let's just say I'm 21 and a bit (the bit is getting very large) and I've watched Star Trek since it first aired, 6pm on Wednesdays was sacrosanct in my house and BBC2 was king. no pause, +1 channels or repeats in the early days so no interuptions or distractions were tolerated.

Life is easier nowadays and the first wish list entered into my Tivo when I got it was anything containing Star Trek in the title :)

I love that so many young people also love ST.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Thought i would introduce myself,got back from DSTL was a amazing my first con in a very very long, started to suffer the con blues :( It has given me the bug to start going again,cannot wait to get to another STAR TREK CONVENTION.just needd t know how you find out about other star trek cons,if any can help it would be most welcome.

Edited by Krupp

Hi. Just joined the forum after attending Star Trek at London.

I'm Steve from Glasgow.

Fav' TV includes Dexter, Walking Dead, Breaking Bad, Star Trek (of course!), Battlestar TNS, Family Guy, Mythbusters.

Top 5 sci-fi movies... Aliens, Fifth Element, Empire Strikes Back, Inception, Matrix.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi I'm Callum, I've been two three cons in total, the first being LFCC to meet Christopher Lloyd and have had great fun at the others.

Fav shows range from Walking Dead to Twin Peaks. Am currently rewatching Smallville and have lined up X Files afterwards.

Fav film is Back to the Future with many more runners up.

Looking forward to July for the next con.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all!

I'm Katie!

I'm 16- Still a student (I'm the odd quiet one at the back of the class who hardly speaks)

I LOVE SCI-FI: I am very obsessed with Stargate SG1 but I also love Doctor Who, Fringe, Stargate Atlantis, Sanctuary, Heroes, Stargate Universe etc...

I intend to watch Games of Thrones and more of Supernatural. Subscribed to site around July 2012.

.FANATICALLY FOLLOW MUSE TOO. I have seen them twice and am seeing them again on May 23rd. Yay!

Edited by Stargate_Heroes

Hi I'm Louise and a massive Vampire Diaries fan, got told about these forums by someone at another event and now my laptops fixed I thought I'd log in and see what's going on!!

I hope to do the London con in July but it will depend on who else gets announced I have everything crossed that there will be some TVD guests there, do they ask the cast or have any ever been over before?!

So excited for what guests there may be and looking forward to meeting and chatting to some like minded people!!! :)

Hi all I'm 31 years old last time i counted I had 300 dvds, my friends and family come to me for answers when it comes to films.

I love Ghostbusters, Aliens, Starwars, The Goonies, LOTR, The Walking Dead, Doctor Who, Carrie, Saw to name a few of a very VERY long list.

I am such a bookworm as I can be found on both bus and train reading a brick of a book by a well known horror writer.

AKA Constant Reader, Film Guru, Fangirl, Scream Princess (you haven't heard me on a rollorcoaster).

Will be found at most Summer and Winter LFFCs

Edited by carlafrate

So thought it's about time I introduced myself - been reading since post DSTL and posting around the same time...

I'm Anthony (Tony, Penfold or Baldy will do...) - 31 and a fan of a lot of things - Trek, Star wars, Dr Who, Charmed, Stargate, X-Files, Fringe, Smallville, Supernatural, Damages, Warehouse 13.... and on and on and ariston.... Basically anything that has a believeable cast and a good story is my cup of tea.

I always fancied going to a con' but never really knew where to look or what to do about it - A friend of mine bought me a Sunday ticket to DSTL and now i'm hooked. Had 6 photo shoots and managed to get 5 of them signed too. It was such a buzz seeing such great actors in the flesh and chatting a bit with them too - Everyone was really helpful and it was a blast just being around like minded fans/fanatics/cultists...

I went straight home and checked out what was coming up, saw LFCC 2013 and bought a gold program. I've now booked 3 nights at the local Premiere Inn and 5 photo shoots so far... Big DS9 fan so loving all the guests so far. Hoping to blend in here and strike up a few friendships, meet ups at LFCC and who knows...

So... that's me in a nutshell, a bit cracked but hanging in there.

Chat soon,

Tony

• 3 weeks later...

Heya there little introduction about myself ^ ^

name - kimberley

age- 23

location - east kilbride (it's near glasgow)

likes- harry potter, criminal minds, red dwarf, star trek, star wars, LOTR, bones, buffy, angel, charmed,

I'm a massive anime geek

I'm a Brony

Loves musicals (especially obscure ones)

I have been going to collectormania Glasgow for 3 years now and have yet to make friends with anyone as i'm too shy to talk to people.

FACT I've been in this forum since FEB 2011 and this is me just starting to want to meet people (totally not because i forgot i had this or anything)

Hello

Name: Sam

City/Town: Barnet, Hertfodshire

Fav TV Shows Doctor Who, Torchwood, Buffy, Angel, Charmed,TVD,Supernatural, Smallville

Fav Movies Star Wars, Superman, Batman Dark Knight, Iron Man, Captain America, Blade, Willow,

This is my second year of attending Showmarsters events

:-)

Hello. My name's Louisa and I'm from Essex.

I started going to cons in 2004, when I was really into Lord of the Rings. So no surprise that I'm loving The Hobbit and looking forward, hopefully, to meeting some of the cast in the coming years. I'm also into Supernatural, Bones, Merlin, Grimm, Star Trek, Stargate, Buffy, Angel, Big Bang Theory, Medium.... so many things. I'm a big Harry Potter and LotR geek so I'm happiest when I'm in Middle Earth or at Hogwarts!

I also watch a lot of films. My favourites are Sherlock Homes, Stardust, Harry Potter and LotR (obviously). Gerard Butler movies are my guilty pleasure, though they're usually rubbish but he is sooo gorgeous! I read a lot and love urban fantasy and steampunk. I'm also a writer and jewellery designer.

I've met a lot of the LotR actors. Craig Parker is without a doubt my favourite! Karl Urban was also lovely. I would love to meet Patrick Stewart - my fantasy dad! I'm quite shy and often say silly things and embarrass myself horribly. I'll never forget the time I met Billy Boyd at another show and started rambling about the weather! Poor man. He was lovely but I couldn't get out of there quick enough!

So that's a little bit about me anyway. I'm looking forward to getting to know some of you.

x

Hello everyone,

My name is Alex, im 25 I live in Northamptonshire,I am often nicknamed as Worzel because I won a Worzel Gummidge competition many years ago and can do the voice of Worzel (played by the late Jon Pertwee).

I currently work at Tesco and also work as a carer, when im not working I am often writing songs/poems and stories, I like to think I have a very creative and open mind.

I like alot of old classic tv, movies, cartoons and old music from 50's-00's, I love a variation of programmes, im fairly easy going, I like to have a good laugh and I have been told I have a good sense of humour.

I went to my 1st Collectormania at Milton Keynes last year and I look forward to going again this year.

I hope to make many good friends here

my email is Worzel2828@hotmail.co.uk

my fb is https://www.facebook.com/Worzel28

feel free to add me if you like

Edited by Worzel2828

Hey everyone

My name is Nisha, I'm 24 (nearly 25! eek!)... and that's me in my avatar with Brian Krause (eeeeee!) at LFCC 2012.

I'm a massive geek for Charmed and Doctor Who, I'm a dancer that works in the clothes store to fund my career... also a budding writer...

Not much else about me really. I was recommended here by the lovely guys at CharmedBOS :D

• Like 1

Hi All

My name is Diane and I am from Macclesfield in Cheshire.

I am a late starter at this and only attended my first con last September where I was very lucky to meet David Tennant at Lords of Time, along with Anthony Head, Mark Benson, K9 and many others. I enjoyed it that much that I bought gold tickets for LOT2 in May.

I am a very big Dr Who fan. I was brought up with Tom Baker and Peter Davidson doctors and would love to meet them both. I have to say that my favorite doctor is David Tennant and my fav companion is Catherine Tate.

I must say that I am getting a bit concerned about the lack of news about LOT2, as it was annouced as being in May 2013. If any one knows anything please put me out of my misery.

Edited by Vodkatini
  • Like 1

Hello. My name's Louisa and I'm from Essex.

I started going to cons in 2004, when I was really into Lord of the Rings. So no surprise that I'm loving The Hobbit and looking forward, hopefully, to meeting some of the cast in the coming years. I'm also into Supernatural, Bones, Merlin, Grimm, Star Trek, Stargate, Buffy, Angel, Big Bang Theory, Medium.... so many things. I'm a big Harry Potter and LotR geek so I'm happiest when I'm in Middle Earth or at Hogwarts!

I also watch a lot of films. My favourites are Sherlock Homes, Stardust, Harry Potter and LotR (obviously). Gerard Butler movies are my guilty pleasure, though they're usually rubbish but he is sooo gorgeous! I read a lot and love urban fantasy and steampunk. I'm also a writer and jewellery designer.

I've met a lot of the LotR actors. Craig Parker is without a doubt my favourite! Karl Urban was also lovely. I would love to meet Patrick Stewart - my fantasy dad! I'm quite shy and often say silly things and embarrass myself horribly. I'll never forget the time I met Billy Boyd at another show and started rambling about the weather! Poor man. He was lovely but I couldn't get out of there quick enough!

So that's a little bit about me anyway. I'm looking forward to getting to know some of you.

x

Hi Louisa. good to meet another person on the forum from Essex :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone my name is zack, i live in a town called kings lynn in Norfolk. My first con was LFCC 2006 and since then been to a few others.This year im planning to cons and hopefully more. i work at home self employed and watch anything sci-fi to fantasy. Stargate series are my favourite but also love anything jj abrams and castle to lost to fringe to sanctuary. that gives you a good feeling of the shows im into. Was a huge BSG fan but stargate will always hold a special place in my heart.

Look forward to getting to know more of you

Zack