OFFICIAL 'INTRODUCE YOURSELF' THREAD!

Kell

Hi i'm Laura. 41 from the Pendle area of Lancashire. I work in IT and I am very new to conventions - my first one being CM18 at Milton Keynes. Which I loved! I've always been a complete Geek mind you...my favourite toy as a child was my die-cast Eagle. (Space 1999 for those that remember it ;p)

My grown up kids despair of me, they really do. My daughter was insanely jealous that I met Jason Momoa and John Barrowman though. Perhaps i'll bring her along next time.

Was only able to afford to learn to drive a few years ago, so it's opened up a whole new World of independance really. There's no stopping me now! I'll be looking forward to and attending a lot more events so hope to see some of you there! :)

L x

Figured I'd give this a go as I want to start going to more cons :) and the forums are normally the best place for the real info :)

Ok, so first things first. My name is Nyssa (Doctor who ftw!). It's my honest-to-god real name hehe. If you're not sure how to pronounce it, I always describe it as "like the car, Nissan, without the N". Hope that helps :)

I'm a recently turned 25 year old. Work in an office whilst studying. The LFCC will be my first ever convention. It seems to be the perfect one for me to start with as I'm a massive Firefly, Buffy and Charmed fan :)

I also love Doctor Who (of course lol), Torchwood and NCIS. I'm a complete comedy fanatic including everything from The Goons, Blackadder, Monty Python, Spaced and Black Books :)

My fave films in the world are the Indiana Jones films as I've been a Harrison Ford fan since I was about 5. I've a bit of an unhealthy obsession with David Tennant at the moment as well lol

I love dressing up, making cakes, writing, dancing, singing (badly) and...well that's all I can think to say really :)

Nice to meet you all :)

Hello Everyone :WAVE:

I'm Becca and I'm 27! I live on the south coast in West Sussex, England and I currently work as a Pharmacy Technician.

I have been a SciFi fan for as long as I remember and this year, thanks to my lovely friend, I was introduced to the wonderful world of conventions! I've been wanting to go to one for so long, and I went to my first one - CM at Milton Keynes - just a few weeks back and I totally loved it! I'm completely hooked and am looking forward to going to LFCC nxt month and DestinationSK in Oct - I am so excited, I cant wait! :dance:

I love everything Star Trek, Dr Who, Torchwood....... I'll stop there or i could be here all day!

Anyways, nice to meet you all! :smile:

Becca x

Edited by Tribbletastic

Hi All

I'm Jane, I'm very old at 36 and I am married with a lil mad blond nine year old daughter. I live near Dudley and this will be my first ever convention so I'm really looking forward to it. My job is pretty stressful so the idea of escaping into the realm of fantasy for a couple of days is really appealing, I'm a therapist so please don't mention I said that to any of my clients coz I keep trying to convince them that living in reality is a good thing :)

My hubby Jo (He loves Gillian Anderson) and the little blond nutter will also be attending (She's a huge fan of Andromeda). I'm excited about it all really, can't wait to see what everyone is wearing and learn more about the programs and people that interest me. The only thing missing is Kiefer Sutherland lol.

29513_432277863626_3670035_n.jpg

Well that's me done.

Bye for now!

Jane

Hi All

I'm Jane, I'm very old at 36 and I am married with a lil mad blond nine year old daughter. I live near Dudley and this will be my first ever convention so I'm really looking forward to it. My job is pretty stressful so the idea of escaping into the realm of fantasy for a couple of days is really appealing, I'm a therapist so please don't mention I said that to any of my clients coz I keep trying to convince them that living in reality is a good thing :)

My hubby Jo (He loves Gillian Anderson) and the little blond nutter will also be attending (She's a huge fan of Andromeda). I'm excited about it all really, can't wait to see what everyone is wearing and learn more about the programs and people that interest me. The only thing missing is Kiefer Sutherland lol.

Well that's me done.

Bye for now!

Jane

*hugs*

Hey all .... I'm the hubby ... been trolling for tips on the LCC forum :)

Hi Everyone

Another newbie here! I am attending LFCC in July, my first Showmasters event. I have been to a few shambles cons adn thought I would try something new. So hello to you all, hope you'll excuse me while I navigate my way round the forums, probably posting stuff in all the wrong places.

Thank you :)

Urm, graphic design, character design, movies, massive Sherlock Holmes fan.... and sci fi - farscape, Stargates, Star Trek, Red Dwarf, Fire Fly, Andromeda, Fringe and thats all I can think of right now! Oh and marvel in general. X-men and the Avengers mostly! :smile:

My mind seems to go blank when asked what I am into.

lol thank you :dance:

I've been watching Farscape and Red Dwarf back to back for the last few weeks to get through my final project at Uni and the words smeg, frell and dren are creeping into my every day vocabulary :WINCE:

Hey everyone! New here my name is Shingo I'm from Oahu, Hawaii I was introduced to this forum by a friend I browsed around in the beginning and now finally decided to register! =]

Hope to post a lot more soon =]

Hi guys :)

I am Annelie, But you can call me Ann cause most people do have issues with my name :P

I am 20 and live in the netherlands. going to the london film and comic con is my first convention ever so I am quite exciting.

second time in london tho :D

over my years of being a fan of shows/music i've only met:

Rupert grint and destinee & Paris hahaha. Yeah low list.

Quite excited about seeing holly marie combs, brian krause and thomas dekker :)

HAHAHA, I've met 'Destinee & Paris' too !! I took my friend to see Britney Spears last year, the supported and did a signng, and she was dying to meet them!

14y33ao.jpg

YAY i wonder if he'll sign my mowgwai :D

and i hope anthony michael hall is nice, i;ve heard mixed things about him, and hes like my favourite brat pack star ever (after rob lowe) :D

Shame that Anthony Michael Hall has cancelled, It'd be awesome if we could get a few of them, like Molly Ringwald or Andrew McCarthy.

Edited by Bentayuk

Hi, I'm Chloe! I'm new, although I've been lurking around these forums for ages now! I first started attending these conventions last year, at Milton Keynes and have been addicted ever since! I live in the South of England, am 16 and am about to start college! One day, I'd like to be an actress!

I love to cosplay, are obsessed with the Avengers, love anime and manga, Sherlock, Disney, Star Trek, Hunger Games, Harry Potter and movies in general!

I'm looking forward to Star Trek London, LFCC and Entertainment and Media Show this year!

• 2 weeks later...

I am the Mighty Jabba, ho ho ho HA HA HAAA!

*cough* Okay so Im not actually a Hutt, I am a human called Kerry, been on this forum for years now posting here and there but never actually introduced myself. So a few things Im a big fan of: Doctor Who, Firefly, Star Trek, Marvel, DC, X-Files, Farscape, Jurassic Park, Evil Dead, Simon Pegg, Bruce Campbell, the Big Bang Theory, Harry Potter, Death Note, the films of Guillermo Del Toro, Robert Rodriguez, Zack Snyder. I could go on and on but you get the idea! I wish to be a film maker, have a short film and some scripts under my belt but early days yet. I love conventions, some fantastic memories, you can see some of the people Ive met in my signature. Really interested in cosplaying, I did pretty good original costumes of 'the dark knight' Joker and The Tenth Doctor for Hallloween before, but Id like to really go for it at a con at somepoint in the future. Anyway, thats a bit about me, taken a few years to do this but, HI! *waves*

Hi, if anyones interested heres my twitter url (see below) if anyone fancies a chat, basically I always hope to make friends at cons, but being a bit shy initially with people I find it hard, Id love to make some friends as nerdy as me though so please do say hi :)

twitter.com/dk_norton

• Like 1

I'm new guyz! Please don't beat me up. :-)

My name is Aaron. I live in Bedford, England. I like comics, movies and spaghetti (preferably all at once like an orgy!) I've been to most of these events but I never knew about this site until now. You're all welcome to add and stalk me, I'll only be doing the same to you guys anyway. :blush:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all....

my name is Jason Voorhees (yes for real) I am 39,

went to my first collectormania back in 2007 loved it and since then been going ever since,

love going to London and MK would love to go to the Weekend of Horrors held in Germany, more so would love to go to a convention in the USA especialy for the re-unions that they have there.

Regarding Germany, I keep saying I'll go this year, then MK or London pull off a few great moves and have stars signing that I realy want to meet.

which makes me put Germany off for another year lol.

I love playing pool and have represented my country at the World and European 8 Ball Pool Championships.

I have 2 World championship winners medals, 2 European Championship medals 1 winner and 1 R/UP the runner up was this year.

I'm a season book holder at Celtic Park have been for many years now, been collecting football autographs for 25 years well since I was a boy going to the games,

I stay behind after every game to get photos with the players especially EUROPEAN nights and especially the AWAY teams, most times getting a picture with them is hard so its easier to get the football programme or a shirt or a football signed.

my first item i bought regarding movie memorabillia was from the movie Jaws, ever since then I have been going mental and buying loads of stuff, I buy loads of horror stuff, but try to collect as much movie stuff from my favourite movies, film cells,posters,lobby cards the usual stuff.

I don't buy items to sell on, however if I were to lose my job or find it difficult financialy then I would sell off my items so I suppose you could say that all the Items I have is like having money in the bank, however would rather pass the items on to my son when he's older, my son 1 and a half, I have a lovely partner who'm I love very much, how she puts up with all my items about the house I will never know. I don't do facebook for the simple reason is I can't (the site wont allow me because of my name) tried contacting them with my bank cards,driving license etc,etc, no good, I like being a private person anyway so i suppose its a good thing I can't do facebook. I love taking pictures...ive loved photography for years and when I'm out I take pics of everything and anything...well I think thats me covered.

Hello all.

My name is Polly. I'm 23 years old and thought that I'd introduce myself here! I'm a huge Tolkien fan and have been since I was about 7. My Dad would read me LotR and the Hobbit over and over and when Fellowship was released, I was 12 years old. I fell in love with the franchise all over again!

Now, I plan to attend the Return to Middle Earth convention later on in the year. I'll be going on my own, as none of my friends round here like Tolkien's work! Trying to convince the boyfriend to come isn't really working either, so that being said, I'm hoping to make a few friends on here so I'll have people to chat to at the event! Anybody else coming along to the event, feel free to say hi! It'll be the first con I've been to for a long time: I first went to Collectormania in Milton Keynes when I was 15. It was so great: I met Billy Boyd, which was the definite highlight!

Since then, I've craved going to another con and stumbled upon the Return to Middle Earth as I was researching which con to perhaps go to this year. I got so excited to see that Billy Boyd was going, as well as John Rhys Davis, who I'd missed at the last Collectormania I'd been to.

Anyway, besides Tolkien, I'm a huge music fan. I love Green Day and other rock & punk music. I also love being creative: I'm a graphic designer by trade and I love to draw and illustrate. I also love to travel: I often go abroad when Green Day go on tour so I can go to their shows in other countries. I plan on going to California next year :)

Anyway, if those of you who are going to the Return to Middle Earth event, feel free to come and say hi! :)

Hi Everyone

We decided on MovingPictures as a name as that is our shop name but some of you will know us already as Sam and Colin we have really enjoyed attending the last few events and met lots of new people always a nice atmosphere and are looking forward to next weekend in Glasgow between us we enjoy quite a varied selection of things Sam is more into Horror,Disney and Harry Potter among other things and was slightly gutted when Norman Reedus had to cancel attending LFCC Colin is more into Star Wars,Lord of Rings and gaming.

We started attending events last year after setting our shop up in 2010 as we were previously in the pub trade so time off was something unheard of and we did not get a chance to go to any events but now we have children we combine our hobbies with our work and our 4 and 5yr old have attended some local events with us and are starting to ask for various costumes so i'm sure when they get a bit older they will be attending all the events with us.

Love seeing all the various props and costumes at events and we always see something new at each event we go to we just need to remember to start taking more photos as i'm sure some of our friends,family and customers back home don't believe all we tell them!

Not sure how often we will get onto the forums guess it depends how busy we are doing other things but wanted to introduce ourselves properly now we have signed up :smile: