OFFICIAL 'INTRODUCE YOURSELF' THREAD!

Kell

I live in North Bushey, near the stake park and tescos.

u?

I'm in North Watford, but Bushey isn't that far from me tbh :)

Well i'm a regular around Watford, sometimes at The Flag on weekends, amoung other places.

My name's Colleen, turning 30 and I live in Hertfordshire. First event was London Film & Comic Con 2009 and loved it. Ex-gaming company worker turned full time boring lady in the television industry. Far less sci fi movie/tv/book fans, gamers and like minded people in my life. Bored out my mind.

Met lots of lovely people at LFCC, turned FB/twitter chatting and then great friends the last few years. Only recently joined the forums and so excited about the new LFCC venue, thinking about the Con all year round.

Enjoy the Talks, Photoshoots, goodies to buy and of course deteriorating my vision at the gaming hub.

My favourite films/shows are 2001, Dawn of the Dead, Alien, The Fifth Element, Back to the Future trilogy(e.g. photo below of me and the husband), Firefly, Star trek.

Games (if that counts) Eve Online, daoc and tbh spending a lot of time in SWTOR.

I dont mind you peeking at my social junkyard and adding/being up for a chat if your heading to Collectormania or LFCC. More the merrier.

Facebook

Twitter

5nm98bbosj54yc41erqt.jpg

87cxl26msgfmb8ami2kp.jpg

Edited by Xyliana

My name's Colleen, turning 30 and I live in Hertfordshire. First event was London Film & Comic Con 2009 and loved it. Ex-gaming company worker turned full time boring lady in the television industry. Far less sci fi movie/tv/book fans, gamers and like minded people in my life. Bored out my mind.

Met lots of lovely people at LFCC, turned FB/twitter chatting and then great friends the last few years. Only recently joined the forums and so excited about the new LFCC venue, thinking about the Con all year round.

Enjoy the Talks, Photoshoots, goodies to buy and of course deteriorating my vision at the gaming hub.

My favourite films/shows are 2001, Dawn of the Dead, Alien, The Fifth Element, Back to the Future trilogy(e.g. photo below of me and the husband), Firefly, Star trek.

Games (if that counts) Eve Online, daoc and tbh spending a lot of time in SWTOR.

I dont mind you peeking at my social junkyard and adding/being up for a chat if your heading to Collectormania or LFCC. More the merrier.

Facebook

Twitter

5nm98bbosj54yc41erqt.jpg

87cxl26msgfmb8ami2kp.jpg

Yes, another member/cat photo, it's spreading !! Also, awesome Fifth Element, and Firefly likes !! :YAHOO:

Colleen, no way do you look nearly 30!

It's been so long since I visited this forum! So many new people!

Ha Lady very kind of you, what you selling? I missed Corey last year did you meet him?

Lol!

I met him a few years ago, couldn't get there last year, was very sad!! I'm a huge fan of his!!

(Just added you on Twitter also. :))

Edited by Lady of The Realm

I live in North Bushey, near the stake park and tescos.

u?

I'm in North Watford, but Bushey isn't that far from me tbh :)

Well i'm a regular around Watford, sometimes at The Flag on weekends, amoung other places.

Oh I dont go to the flag but my brother does lol I usually go to que pass on fridays

so after a while of posting i have decided to introduce you to myself. hi, i'm sas, nice to meet you all. i live in the wonderfully boring county known as lincolnshire. it was my first convention at lfcc '11 and since i went to ems in october! i really enjoyed myself and so i decided to be a member and lurk/fangirl over many things sci-fi like doctor who, resident evil and such. i'll be going to uni (I KNOW, WITH ALL THIS BAD GRAMMMAR!) this autumn studying either public relations or journalism (or both! i don't know yet aha)

pic of me pulling silly face

you may have heard that i like the walking dead too!

i have plans to attend the games and lfcc '12.

if you recognised me at any of last years events tell me!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello there!! :WAVE:

My name is Felicity and I'm from South England and I'm 18 in three weeks.

My first taste of conventions was Collectormania MK 08' I think where I met James Masters and it just spiraled from there. I was only 14

I went to The Hub 1,2 and 3 and met the five main cast members along with other amazing people! Some of the best days of my life so far were spent at Hub conventions.

In between I went to this show and met Merlin cast and Gareth David Lloyd for what felt like the billionth time I think he knew my name by then.

I was so crazy about Ianto Jones that when push came to shove after series three...I just couldn't do it anymore, he was my whole world and I couldn't bare Torchwood without him. I walked out of the end of Hub 3 knowing that that was the last time I'd ever see Gareth, nay a Hub convention ever again. I felt like Torchwood was the love of my life and it had died (I am an emotional teenage girl mind) And that was hard.

Fairest to say I feel out of conventioning (new word I just invented >.>) after that and last year I became a big Jedward fan I've met the crazy twins 10 times and they know me.

I also went to a Youtube gathering where I met Charlieissocoollike (Charlie McDonnell) who was just lovely.

BUT I did finally go to a convention after Hub 3 I went to Entertainment and Media last year to meet David Tennant and it was epic! I definitely want to get back into cons they are the best places to be in the world, you can never feel more at home than how you do at a con.

This month I finally got back into a TV Fandom: Sherlock. If there was hotel con or any con for that I'd be the first one there.

Benedict, I'm meeting you this year. :wub:

Anyway so that's pretty much it....Nice to meet you! :( xx

Hi my names Sophie and im new to this forum, I went to the london comicon last year and am going this year too, have also been to a few star wars conventions too and I love them all!!

Im 23 and live in the south of England in a place called Chichester (bout an hour and a half from london) Im a full time nanny atm which Im loving...

If any of you have any tips when using this forum plz message me... trying to upload a profile photo but not letting me atm :/

FACEBOOK IS https://www.facebook.com/slfoyster

be nice to chat to some of you that are going to Comicon this year in london!!

:)

If any of you have any tips when using this forum plz message me... trying to upload a profile photo but not letting me atm :/
Hello and welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately you can't upload the image directly from your computer, so you will need to upload your photo to an image hosting site like Photobucket*. Then copy the 'direct link' for the image into the 'Enter a URL to an online photo image' dialog box that is located in the 'Change Personal Photo' section of your control panel.

*other image hosting sites are available

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately you can't upload the image directly from your computer, so you will need to upload your photo to an image hosting site like Photobucket*. Then copy the 'direct link' for the image into the 'Enter a URL to an online photo image' dialog box that is located in the 'Change Personal Photo' section of your control panel.

*other image hosting sites are available

Thanks for the help, I believe it has worked yay!! :)

Hey Sophie :P

Always good to have new people round :P

What are you into? Star Wars I assume, or do you get dragged along by someone else? :D

Hi David,

Yeah my other half Is a big Star Wars fan but I really like it too, Im also a huge Twilight fan (rob patt fan) :P lol and also i like Harry Potter, Met the doc from Back to the future last year and meeting hayden panettiere this year which will be cool. u going?

Soph :)

• Moderators

Yeah, I'll definitely be there :P been to them all since it started in 2004, quite addicted :P

Awesome, love Christopher Lloyd - one of my favourite guests :D

And I met Hayden a few years back but I hate my photo so looking forward to getting another! :P

Hi folks,

I have been coming to the Milton Keynes since 2003,I first became aware of these events via some work collegues,who new that I was into space and sci-fi,as I had not seen the conventions advertised anywhere.

I first started collecting autographs and a photo with,then a look around the stalls.

then I came accross Star Warriors,I thought that it would be an ideal opportunity to meet the stars,show off my costumes and raise money for charity,I have only worn two costumes so far,my Klingon one and in 2011 Judge Dredd(Stallone),my others are Gerry Anderson UFO Alien,classic V and Han Solo.

my other hobby is modelbuilding which I have been doing since the early 1970`s.(hence my callsign).

I am also with Norvare Alliance and Starbase 24.

kevin goldsmith

goldsmith429@btinternet.com

Edited by Mr.models

Hi guys! another newbie here!

My name is Sheryl but some of my friends call me Shez... you can call me anything as long as it's not offensive :huh: I am the grand old age of 31 although I don't act it! I like far too many things to mention here but I will mention the main things so you can get an idea. My favourite film of all time is 'The Lost Boys', I love anything to do with Vampires, Zombies and Superheroes. I collect Vinyl toys and horror dolls and I love to shop in Forbidden Planet. I'm into most music genre's but mainly rock and metal and I like going to gigs. I don't watch much T.V but I collect box sets... a few of my faves are Smallville, the Vampire Diaries and True Blood. I'm currently working my way through season 1 of heroes, and I plan to watch 'Walking Dead', 'Being Human' and any other awesome shows I come across. I'm interested in art... mainly fairy art by artists such as Brian Froud, Amy Brown and Jasmine Becket-Griffith but also Salvador Dali. Really looking forward to getting to know everyone on here :D

Hi guys! another newbie here!

My name is Sheryl but some of my friends call me Shez... you can call me anything as long as it's not offensive :huh: I am the grand old age of 31 although I don't act it! I like far too many things to mention here but I will mention the main things so you can get an idea. My favourite film of all time is 'The Lost Boys', I love anything to do with Vampires, Zombies and Superheroes. I collect Vinyl toys and horror dolls and I love to shop in Forbidden Planet. I'm into most music genre's but mainly rock and metal and I like going to gigs. I don't watch much T.V but I collect box sets... a few of my faves are Smallville, the Vampire Diaries and True Blood. I'm currently working my way through season 1 of heroes, and I plan to watch 'Walking Dead', 'Being Human' and any other awesome shows I come across. I'm interested in art... mainly fairy art by artists such as Brian Froud, Amy Brown and Jasmine Becket-Griffith but also Salvador Dali. Really looking forward to getting to know everyone on here :D

The Lost Boys is a brillaint film, what did you think of the sequels?

I saw Lost Boys 2 a long time ago and didn't think much of it... well it can't of made an impact on me as I can't even remember what happens... I might give it another go soon though! but I'm very loyal to the first film to the point where I don't want to give the others a chance. I haven't actually seen 'Lost Boys - The Thirst' yet so that is on my list of must see's. I'm exactly the Same with 'the crow'! there's only one and Brandon Lee totally makes it!