OFFICIAL 'INTRODUCE YOURSELF' THREAD!

Kell

Ay' Ay'! I'm Jamie, 23, from Glasgow. I'm a comic book lover with a penchant for Sci-Fi and Comedy movies.

I'm not much of an autograph hunter as I am a picture hunter, it happens.

I build stages for a living, I've worked for PINK, Paul McCartney and T In The Park to name my most recent adventures.

Anyway... Picture time?

21054_314513686323_500456323_3958187_1467469_n.jpg

I know! Filthy Habit!

Okay, So I realised that I never did this so here goes.

Hey, My names Charlo/Charlie, I don't mind either way but most people use Charlo 'cos it's more unusual. I'm 16 from Reading. :lol:

When I like a show or something I tend to end up knowing everything about it be I'm becoming more restrained about that. I'm good at using my inititive and can also be quite random sometimes.

Hobbies? Umm, Ice Skating, Drawing, Story telling (apparently I have a talent for that?), I love music and always making new crazy plans. That pretty much it.

Here's me with Jewel Staite. :S Either I'm quite short or she's really tall...... or both......

MeJewel-1.jpg

Charlo

Edited by Charlokylie

• 4 weeks later...

I'm Tammara :) I'm 18 but 19 next month. I am pregnant with my first son, Travis-Kaden Cody Christopher Stapleton :) (long name I know, due December 1st) I am going to Bitten 2 with my best friend Sophie and her sister Sarah (also known as PsnowConeLawliet and EdwardDiggory :))

I'm currently not working or in education but next September (2011) I shall be going back to college to do Psychology, Criminology and Drama.

Feel free to add me on Facebook, I'm Tammara Jagger Stapleton on there :) Just tell me you're from the Showmasters forum please :)

• 4 weeks later...

Ok so here goes nada...

I'm a misplaced American whose living in Germany. My only job is trying guide 2 gorgeous kids through this crazy world. Of course, I'm the mom so there's no telling how they'll turn out.:D I'm 38 but I never act it so most people don't believe it.

I'm actually new to the Twilight world (only since Feb) but when I fall for something I fall hard. I'm all about the wolves, lusting over Jacob and Embry, all though any of them will do.

I decided to join the forum since I'm heading out to ET 4 in October and wouldn't mind knowing some folks. This is my first convention ever and excited doesn't even begin to cover how I'm feeling. Noone I know gets my love of Twilight so I'm looking forward to being with others who get it.

So I have no idea what else to say. I can talk forever unless it's about me. So I'll catch ya'll here, there and everywhere in between.

Smooches,

Scrappy

Oh yeah...here's a pic

profile2.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hello, I'm Emmie and my internet alias is CrimsonGaara.

I live in London, England, but I was born in Derby (a little north of London) and I'm half English, a large part of my heritage is Polish and it comes from my dad's side.

I'm eighteen years old (turning nineteen on the 1st December this year), have passed my GCSEs and am now undergoing training with Microsoft to become an ICT Support Apprentice at QA training. I'm employed by GFI Software and I work there on some weeks as part of my apprenticeship schedule. I love working with ICT and computers, though some things can be quite complex and I am a little scatter-brained. Once I've passed my course, I hope to become fully employed by GFI Software and eventually attend university in Scotland, perhaps move there permanently. Ever since I went on holiday to Scotland as a young child (purpose of the holiday was to go and look at properties and check out the area), I've always wanted to go back there to live since my parents changed their minds about living there themselves.

I've been attending conventions for two years now, my first being a different in May 2008. My first convention here was LFCC this year, and I had a lot of fun at it and plan on returning in 2011. It's easy to travel to as my local tube station is along the Piccadilly Line! And I'm hoping to bring a couple of people to attend for their first time. :)

Recently, I've been quite fond of Hetalia, Black Butler, Vocaloid, cosplaying, ICT, photo-manipulation and roleplaying. I've got an anime and manga list on myanimelist.net, of which is under the name CrimsonGaara.

To explain my posting name on these forums, I'm often referred to as Eggy by my friends. It's almost like a private, ongoing joke between us, but I don't mind being called Eggy and I've actually grown quite fond of the name. :) I'd prefer it if people only called me Eggy when it comes naturally to them, otherwise I'd prefer it if you went to call me Emmie or derived something from CrimsonGaara (I've had people calling me Crimmy, Crimz, Crizzles and Gaara). I generally ask to be called Emmie by people officially, and I only write my full name in legal documents and other such forms.

And my online alias, CrimsonGaara, is for various reasons. I quite like the colour red and my previous online alias was BloodyEmmie/EmmieBlood (Emmie because that's a shortened version of my real name, wouldn't go believe! And blood is red, and I like red). BloodyGaara/GaaraBlood sounded too naff to me so I wanted something that flows better. Another colour close to red is crimson, so I went with that because it's a nicer sounding word and I preferred it. Also, back when I thought up this alias for myself, I was more often referred to as Gaara/Gaa and other such names related to the character Gaara, from Naruto, because not only do I cosplay Gaara (Gaara was my first cosplay), but I shave off my eyebrows because I personally don't suit eyebrows. I have a small forehead and eyebrows clutters it. Granted, my eyes sting like hell on a bad rainy day, but I tackled that by wearing hats out. :)

I'm quite active on my deviantART, my username there is CrimsonGaara... actually, I tend to go by CrimsonGaara just about everywhere! XD So if you see a CrimsonGaara somewhere, it's most likely me. ;P

I'll upload a photo of myself when I can be bothered to later. :P

Thank you for your time, and I hope I'm welcome here!

Edited by Eggy

Hi everyone, :wub:

I'm Lou,29 years old,and a Spanish teacher. I love Angel/Buffy. I like all fantasy films in the 80s era!

I have a major thing for Cary Elwes, :wub: so if you see me drooling over him in the queue at Collectormania feel free to give me a kick in the behind and tell me to control myself! Very excited to see him and Noah Hathaway(my idol since I was 6!)

Hopefully this pic will load,if not don't worry your'e not missing much!! :P

Much love

Lou :angry:

Edited by Caryno1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

My name is Danny 'Chip'...i'm 28 and live in Hertfordshire.

I'm a HUGE 'Dukes of Hazzard' fan and have been all my life...i have the biggest collection of Dukes collectables in the country and have even been on 'The Graham Norton' show in Nov 2007 showing off my collection to original Dukes cast member's John Schneider,Tom Wopat & Catherine Bach.

My full time job is a coach driver but i am also a stunt/precision,rally & track driver.

Check out a video of me in action>>>

My favourite movies are the Back to the Future trilogy!!

Here are a couple of pics of me>>>

P1000074.jpg

londonx9.jpg

Edited by danny_duke01

Hi everyone!

My name's Mark, I'm 30 and I live in a very dull town in West Sussex. First event was London Film & Comic Con 2009 and have become hooked to autograph collecting. Thought I really should finally start posting on the forums after so long.

From my username its not hard to guess that I mainly collect Doctor Who/Torchwood autographs but not exclusively.

My favourite films are Blade Runner, Dawn of the Dead, My Neighbour Totoro, The Dark Knight, Brazil.

Doctor's I have met so far are Tom Baker, Colin Baker, Sylvester McCoy, Paul McGann and Matt Smith.

Can't think of much else, bit sleep deprived after two very early starts! Thanks for reading everyone :-)

hey everyone. im sorry if im in the wrong place but i had to get the word out.

My name is dean and i was thinking of going to the comic con in london next year but im not exactly sure how it all works..

Ive seen a couple of vids of people thre in thier costumes and i was wondering is it a case wher eyou just show up in a costume if you want or have you got to do certain things or what.

just looking for a basic intro.

any chance you guys could reply to me in email

deanonguitar16@hotmail.com

cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Everyone

I'm Alison, I'm 30 years of age (I'm actually 31 but after a distaterous year of finding myself between my 30th birthday and 31st and doing all kinds of things I should never have done, I don't count this year!), myself and my husband have recently rekindled and have decided to stop waiting for stuff to come up and actually get off our backsides and start doing stuff we say we want to do.

My fave thing is meeting famous people and his is sci fi, so conventions are perfect for both our past times!! (although I have to confess to loving Battlestar Galactica, Stargate (SG1 and Atlantis) Being Human, Torchwood and Doctor Who!)

We have been married for eleven years, we met at school (ahh), we have three boys, Thomas, Elliot and Adam, Thomas LOVES doctor who....We take him to Cardiff once every six months to see the different locations and mum and dad can have a geeky time too!, Elliot loves all things Dancing (he cheers!) and Adam loves anything that his brothers does, he is only five.

We went to our first convention in November and wished we gone sooner, I had been saying for about a year we should do one but never did, it was brilliant!!...it's my goal to meet more of the Stargate Cast and BSG cast.....I am a huge fan of Jamie Bamber, to meet him, god knows what I'd do....I guess I am a fangirl!!!

I'd love to dress up at a convention but so many great costumes out there!!!

My fave music is well pretty much anything, Green Day (June Rocked, Billie Joe I love you!), my all time love is pop (I'm so not cool!!), loved New Kids on The Block when I was a child, I got to meet them last year and finally see them in concert...it was awesome!, I love Johnny Cash, Elvis...even Cliff, I can say it!!

I'm on Facebook if anyone else is: alisonloub

See you in May people!!

Edited by alisonloub

• 2 months later...

Heya everyone

what to say

I'm kimberley and im 21 year old person from east kilbride. I love anime, manga and cosplaying and i love sci fi and supernarural shows. My fave sci-fi and supernatural shows are dr qho, red dwarf, buffy, angel, start trek.

I don't attend alot of events on account of the travelling but i have attended tha last 2 collectormania glasgow and plan to make this year my third time. Hope to see you all there

• 3 weeks later...

Hey there, i'm Mark, i'm 35, i'm from the Netherlands and i am the "Star Wars Guy".

The EMS last november was my first SM event and i really had a great time, and met some cool people!

No doubt i will be back in july at the LFCC!

Let's see, Hotel-->Booked, Flight-->Booked, Gold Pass-->Bought.....I'm ready!!!

• 1 month later...

I've been here for a while, but have never introduced myself, so here goes. :blink:

I'm Tina, I'm 34 and from Somerset. I've been going to conventions ever since I attended Collectormania 3 and have been hooked ever since, lol! I've been to a few non-Showmasters events too, but in my opinion (and poor organising on some companys' parts), nothing beats Showmasters events, so I've promised myself they're the only conventions I'll go to from that point on.

Due to unforseen circumstances (as well as lack of money), I haven't been to any conventions since 2006, and LFCC will be the first convention I'll be attending to get back in the swing of things again. B)

Having read the post above, I'm fairly similar. My name's Andrew, I'm 33, and my first Showmasters event was Collectormania 3. I'd been aware of the previous events, but it was wanting to meet Paul McGann which brought me there, and I had such a great time that I've only missed one CM since (I was getting married abroad at the time). I like Star Wars, Star Trek, Back to the Future, Quantum Leap, Red Dwarf, Heroes, and Babylon 5, but my all-time favourite is Doctor Who. My favourite ever Showmasters event was the LFACC where Scott Bakula was a guest. I have great memories of the event - which is fortunate as aside from the photoshoot I lost all the photos I took when both my hard drive and the external hard drive where I had backed them up failed :-(

• 4 weeks later...

Hello!

Im Averil ^__^

Im 20 something :wub: And a mum, cant seem to find work :K

But still looking!! I like Anime/Manga (Bleach mostly lol)

ummm drawing, eating, art, eating, reading, eating ;)

Any advice on editing my profile would be awesome ^__^

I have a pic of when I met Chaske Spencer last year at Collector Mania...

I LOVE going every year!! I have also met Leonard Nimoy!!!

But he wouldnt let us take photos :/

31949_1428157978336_1064407362_1266932_3198293_n.jpg

^- I look like Im in pain but I was sooo nervous XD

• 2 weeks later...

um heya :whistling: just thought id drop in aha. i feel like i dont belong here! my first con will be LFCC 2011. im going as babydoll from suckerpunch :--) im 16, from buckinghamshire and im a makeup artist, fashion blogger and art student! i love anime, cosplay, films and bookcs and all that jazz :) im not very interesting so um so yes here i am aha! :)

228660_10150304810908154_621108153_9527202_2565074_n.jpg

um heya :D just thought id drop in aha. i feel like i dont belong here! my first con will be LFCC 2011. im going as babydoll from suckerpunch :--) im 16, from buckinghamshire and im a makeup artist, fashion blogger and art student! i love anime, cosplay, films and bookcs and all that jazz :) im not very interesting so um so yes here i am aha! :)

228660_10150304810908154_621108153_9527202_2565074_n.jpg

Aw, anyone who wants to be here is always welcomed, we're a nice bunch :P Welcome to the forum! :whistling:

• Moderators

Everyone belongs here :P

We're all very similar, and into the same things etc. There's loads of lovely people on here. So welcome, have fun, and feel free to add people on FB/Twitter etc and get chatting :D

Enjoy yourself :whistling:

Hello everyone ! My name is Viki, im 21 and I live near Manchester. I work at a GameStation store which I really enjoy doing.

I like playing Xbox 360, watching all different kinds of series and movies. I like to collect things such as Hot Toys and My Little Pony. I love Star Trek, Marvel comics, Buffy The Vampire Slayer, Lord of the Rings, Roswell and True Blood.

Mostly on the Bitten 2 forum at the moment because that is the first convention I will be attending but im sure I will want to attend many more. Im quite shy but I hope to meet lots of interesting & like minded people :)

2z528a1.jpg

Edited by Queen Vee

Viki, you'll be welcome at all Showmasters events, and you'll meet loadsa new friends here on the forum and at the events themselves. You collect My Little Ponies? I collect Care Bears :D

Thankyou ! Yes I do haha :) Care Bears are lovely too, I have some but not as much as the MLP

Viki, you'll be welcome at all Showmasters events, and you'll meet loadsa new friends here on the forum and at the events themselves. You collect My Little Ponies? I collect Care Bears :D

Thankyou ! Yes I do haha :) Care Bears are lovely too, I have some but not as much as the MLP

Ah, I only have 3 80s ponies, but 35 Bears. :D

lol when I was a kid I used to have to watch care bears and my little pony with my sister, funny my parents never made my sis watch transformers, thundercats and such ;-)

my memory of my little pony is wanting to slit my writsts it was so "pony", my memory of care bears was it wasnt half bad ;-)