OFFICIAL 'INTRODUCE YOURSELF' THREAD!

Kell

Hi everyone, nice to "meet" You.

I can't believe I got the username sci-fi, well pleased with that!

I'm 28 and live in Manchester.

I went to the last Manchester Collectormania and loved it.

So last year I was waiting....and waiting for the next one to be announced. :D

I am really impressed with the line up for Milton Keynes, so if I can get the money together I will be at Milton Keynes in May. Very excited to meet the Voyager cast, they will be first on my list.

• 1 month later...

Hi all. About time I braved the 'Introduce yourself' thread. lol

Right. I'm Carina, otherwise known as Star (or Star Jadzia). I'm 36 (8th March 74) and a Single Mum to two gorgeous kids. Cara is 16 yrs (August 93) and is a right teen. I'm already on the lookout for 'Twilight' and 'True Blood/Vampire Diaries' autos for her. My son Chayton is 7 yrs (October 02) and he was thrilled when I got Steve Blums auto and voice recording at CM15 (Big Ben Ten Fan....Chay not me...lol).

I've vaguely introduced myself with pictures in CM16.......and can't wait to go.

Oh yeah, more about me. lol. I live in the little island of Jersey (South of England, North of France)....which makes it a fair bit of travelling for me to attend any conventions. CM15 was my first and coincided with me being in London to see John Barrowman in 'La Cage'.

Oh yeah, back to me...lol. I keep going off subject here lol. Haven't met many famous people at all, living on this rock.

Big Fan of Sci-fi in general. Major Trekkie...adore all Stargate incarnations too. Must be loyal to all series' of your faves (though Spock was my face rather than Kirk). Doctor Who/Torchwood of course. Twilight and True Blood...not seen Vampire Diaries yet but that's next on the list (daughter has already started). StarWars....grew out of it, though I did have a few RofJ figures as a kid. My brain's gone a blank. lol Suffice to say, if it's Sci-fi and I've seen it, then changes are I love it. lol. Though never watched Babylon 5 or the newer incarnation of Battlestar.

Not working at the moment. Am single and enjoying it. Most guys I know don't understand my obsession and laugh at the thought of paying for an autograph let alone purchasing a plane ticket to go get it. lol

Am on a kinda spiritual path at the moment. Interested in learning more about various religions though I'm leaning towards Wicca. I do Reiki hands-on healing (I think I remember another Reiki member in this intro thread). Also love working with crystals for healing and meditating. I do Tarot readings and have been known to do Runic readings too. I'm mad about Native American's. My lounge looks like a shrine to them, full of dream-catchers and mandalla's etc. lol. Music wise...I'm a rocker at heart. Was well into my glam rock of the 80's......hair bands. Though I like a lot of different music....except rave or anything too dancey.

Ok........can't think of anything else right now...so will leave you with this and feel free to ask me questions. lol.

Love and Light, Star xx

Can't wait to meet you all. I'm very friendly and wanna make alot of friends through here so that we can all party at CM16 (or indeed any other events I make it to)

DSC01332.jpg

JasonMomoa.jpg

BurnGormanndme.jpg

Hayz' !!!! *waves*

My name's Sarah, I'm 22, currently unemployed (but hopefully I will have a positive answer soon :P ). I live in Belgium, on the Belgium/France border near Lille, hence the reason why French is my mothertongue, but I can help myself in some other language (not as good as French/English, though :( ). I can be kinda creepy with memory about tv sometimes.. But overall, I don't bite and people even say I'm veeeeeeeeeeeery friendly (well, that's what they say, but why don't you get an opinion for yourself, uh? :P )

I was Dellefyne's roomie at an event in November 2009. I've quite new to the whole convention concept, although I've met Kevin Sorbo, Paul McGillion, Cliff Simon, Morena Baccarin, Richard Hatch, Christopher Judge, Leah Cairns and Jimmy Jean-Louis already. Among others. The one I prefered meeting was obviously Amanda Tapping. She is just ... undescribable in my opinion ♥ :D

I am seriously considering coming to London, which is why I registered here :WINCE: .

Picture, taken at a non-Showmasters event

http://i44.tinypic.com/5a110o.jpg

(ps: in normal circumstances, I'm not too fond of having my picture taken LOL)

Edited by Hera

Trawling through this thread, I'm amazed at the number of really cute girls who frequent these boards.

Anyway, for those who don't know, this is me:

5584425679a11799974601l.jpg

Although, sometimes I look like this:

5584425679a11534475540l.jpg

But people probably know me best for looking like this:

5584425679a11652107595l.jpg

So if you see any of the men pictured above, call Crime Stoppers on 0800 555 111.

hi im joanne from chesterfield, this will be my 1st ever convention, love twilight and cant wait till oct, i was going with my sister as we have silver tickets, but due to cicumstances i have to go on my own now, wich im looking forward to, but nervous as on my own lol, but at least lots ov ppl going for the same reason.. :blink:

hi claire,

i still seem suprised wen ppl are from the same town as me lol, silly i kno.

but yeah ur rite il have to get chatting to ppl in queues etc, il prob have to have a drink tho first lol,

so the volturi ball, i take it that eveyone really dresses up etc?? cos i dont wanner turn up looking like an idiot lol ;)

Hey guys n gals

I'm Kaz from Liverpool.

I'm almost 32, a mad LFC fan (for all my sins) and i love Supernatural, CSI New York, Vampire Diaries, True Blood & Twilight-books and films.

Just joined and gonna go have a look around n see where the mischief lies ^_^

See you all about hopefully

:P

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

New to the forums and saw this so thought I would introduce myself.....

My name is Norman, I live in South West Scotland and am far too old to be into scifi and costuming - so I am told lol

Havent been to any cons yet - was meant to be going to Stargate convention Stargate convention in Canada but things arent looking good for that unfortunately. Am a big Stargate fan (except SGU - it sucks) but like most sci fi. Loved BSG when I got into it and am quite enjoying the new version of "V" but the uniforms just dont have the same impact as the original - just showing my age there :D

Other than scifi my other hobby is airsoft - grown men playing soldier and shooting plastic pellets at each other. Just to show how mad I am I do it in various Stargate costumes :P

Well am hoping to get to collectormania Glasgow and if I can talk my mate into a few road trips a few other cons in the UK.

Hope to see some of you there

Edited by Darkrecall

Hello, I'm Kegan :) People tend to call me Keegs, Keggers, Keg, Kev, Kevin, Lil. Call me anything, It doesn't bother me really :P Well, Many of you may remember me as "Bradley's Cousin", I used to be called :babybuffness: on here. Don't ask, I went through a "Gangstah" phase. I'm eighteen now. And im crewing this may! And to be fair, im absolutely terrified! So any tips would be very welcome :) The only people I really know on here are Shabs (If he's still on here) and DavidB. If any of you remember me, don't hesitate to BBM or MSN me. Or Facebook me, My name on there is Kegan Hearn Or ask for my number and text me. See you all in may! :)

Some extremely arrogant looking but recent photo's of me. I'm harmless really, don't let the posing fool you. I tend to look like a duck when I pose, but that's not me attempting "duckface" I just have big lips :G

24216_106888962683765_1000008798604.jpg

23579_100864373286224_1000008798604.jpg

& Some old ones, from old collectormania's!

P5050032.jpg

P5030014.jpg

P5030013.jpg

P5040028.jpg

Hope to see you all very soon!

x

Dunstable. Typical. Why are there never any cute chicks at Glasgow!?

Im from luton, though I live in london and im not a chick, well maybe on some weekends lol

glasgow, I went there for a weekend a while ago (when dark knight was out) and the women there were gorgeous and all in skimpy outfits despite it being freezing and raining, so you aint got it to bad lol.

con wise being a year into conning i gotta say i was very surprised at the amount of gorgeous women attending them. though me im a shy one. though ppl never believe it to look at me.

dunno if I officially introduced myself here lol , but Hello , I'm Julia known as well ''Jules'' euhm I'm 20 live in the netherlands , am a shanks fan , study graphic design and this is me and my lil sis

2m3kyuh.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hey!

Hi, my name is Amy, I'm 15 and I live in Scotland. I've only ever been to one con and it was a Supernatural Ghostfacers halloween con in York. Amazing fun!

I'm doing my Standard Grade exams at the moment (wish me luck!) and really not enjoying them. I want to work in the movie industry when i'm older doing production design and i love anything to do with art :)

Look forward to chatting to you guys and girls :WAVE:

Amyxx

Hi,

I'm Sven. I'm from a town called Wervershoof. For the people who doesn't know every town in Europe, that's in the Netherlands. I'm 29 and have been to 4 cons in the UK. I went to some crappy ones in the Netherlands and a quite nice one in Belguim but cm's and lfcc are much better.

Show I like a lot are:

Gilmore Girls, Buffy, MASH , Happy Days, The big bang theory, Two and a half men, Torchwood, Cheers, Off center, Dead like me, Criminal minds, Two pints of lager and a packet of Crisps, The Simpsons and much more…

Films I like

Kevin Smiths work, Quentin Tarentino’s stuff, Starwars trilogies, Clueless, Good will hunting, Biodome, Wargames, Breakfast club, Pretty in pink, 16 candles, Back to the future trilogy and more

Music:

Beach boys, Beatles, The cure, Ramones, Dubliners, Pogues, Dropkick murphies, Flogging molly, Eluveitie, Korpiklaani, Slayer, Ensiferum, Kittie, Boudewijn de Groot and much much more

Books:

Too much to mention really, I like non fiction most, but Read a lot of fiction too.

Collections:

Kameleon books (Dutch book serie about two boys with a boat), Buffy stuff, Action figures, Trading cards, Books, Comics

And last a couple of pictures of me and a couple of guest I met

spiketm.jpg

sdoherty.jpg

Hello,

I am Richard, from the south east of England. Found out about this site from two good friends of mine and rather than be a stranger and all that thought I'd say hello/hi/bonjour/ciao/howdy delete where applicable.

Not sure what else to say here.... For now but am sure as time goes on I'll find more to say.

:P

• 2 weeks later...

Hillllooooo! I've posted once or twice over on the CM16 forums but thought I'd say hi here!

I'm Leanne, just turned 24 and my boyfriend and I just checked into the DoubleTree Hilton hotel for CM16 a couple of hours ago! Hope to see lots of you there over the next few days!!!!

Hi, I'm Emma, 21 years old :D I live in Salford that's near Manchester not IN Manchester (get it right!) xD

I love a range of things such as Torchwood, Doctor Who, Stargate SG1/SGA (not a fan of SGU), True Blood, Supernatural oh a ton more I can't think of right now. XD Also a massive fan of films.

I WAS a Media Production student at the University of Salford but I'm hoping to Graduate this year for my HND, it's been a tough couple of years, my hand as peeled many times (a stress thing), its been fun actually :D I hope to get into the industry.

One thing about me is that I'm deaf, I have been since birth, wear two hearing aids HATE wearing the left one, I swear it drives me bloody mad! I absolutely hate being prodded to get my attention but that's the way it is, lol.

I have been to many cons over the last few years, THREE this year! I went to Chevron 7.4, I have CM16 planned and going to Chevron 7.5, roll on November! :P

Sorry if I break your screens:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v348/malty/Photo73.jpg

HI I'm called Crow. I live near Milton Keynes and have been to all the collectormania events here.

I have many pictures and video interviews with guests.

I hope you will read and watch a few when I post the links to YouTube on here

I am a retired Building Construction Engineer, married with 4 grown up children

smallercrow.jpg

Edited by Crowmania