OFFICIAL 'INTRODUCE YOURSELF' THREAD!

Kell

I've been round for a little while but thought i shall introduce myself properly.

Im 20 and 21 in November. Cant wait.

I'm currently at college doing film and tv production going to be going to Staffordshire uni in sept i hope. To do scriptwritting and film studies.

Some of my favourite tv shows include Heroes, Lost, Prison Break, 24, Doctor Who, Torchwood and when they were on Buffy, Angel and Friends.

My favourite films include Man on Fire, Remember the titans, Serenity, The Matrix and the Departed.

I hope to meet Hayden Panettierre.

It was first con last sat in Manchester and i had a wicked time hope to go to Milton Keynes. I dont know if this is common for other people but i didn't actually want to go and wish i could spend ages talking to the guests.

I went to Staffs Uni, but I did Music Technology. I now run their Music Production HND at Stafford College!

Good luck with it and I am sure I will see you!

Claire x

• 3 weeks later...

Hey everyone, I'm Avril and I'm 29. My first con was C4. I always wanted a hobby when I was younger but was too lazy to put in any real effort, so collecting auto's is perfect as it can be expensive if I get carried away.

Most loved films include LOTR trilogy, Amelie, Predator, Everything is Illuminated, Fantasia, The Goonies and many many more.

Current TV faves include Lost, Supernatural, The L Word, Brothers & Sisters and SCC.

I mainly attend cons by myself as my friends don't really collect auto's.

My two most precious auto's are

Peter Jackson, signed at The King Kong Premiere and Elijah Wood, signed at the Happy Feet premiere.

I usually wear a Weasley's Wizarding Wheezes top on one of the days I attend.

Hope you all have fun at the next con you go to.

My TARDIS....which took 3 months to build.

DSC00178.jpg

I am the Doctor.....

sorry know you posted this ages ago but that is so cool usually peoples things they build are good but can tell the difference between theirs andt the real thing but that is just spot on amazing !!

n771534318_148814_8879.jpg

last one now.....promise lol xxx

is terrible i know havent seen you since brandon routh......are you not going to meet Lex Luthor himself at MK

maybe yes...would love kevin spacey tho lol, my mates 21st party is on the sat night so it will be a day trip me thinks x

Hello elfprincess it's me gem-sanders here. Yey some familiar faces yes I will be at Cm13. Are you on Facebook or Myspace?.

Edited by gem-sanders

• 3 weeks later...

Been a member of this forum since last year when i went to LFCC but only come across this thread now lol

Well my names Rachel 16 and go to sixth form studying History, English Literature and Theatre Studies.

I love acting, reading and writing and i love to watch tv and films. I can get quite passionate about things and then get slightly obessive over them but hey im a geek and proud :smile:

Favourite shows are Buffy, Angel, Heroes, Torchwood, Doctor Who, 24, Lost, CSI, and probably more but i will pretty much watch anything as long as its good which is my basic moto for everything :smile: lol

I obsess a bit over Harry Potter love the books and the films. Other favourite films include Lord of the Rings, Serenity, Pirates of the Caribbean, Disney and many many more

And heres a pic from Manchester:

2008-03-09-1635-51_edited.jpg

Hope to get to know ya's all better x

Hi i'm Kegan Hearn-Glennon, everyone calls me either Keg or Keegz.

i'm sixteen years old and i'm from dunstable, i hate it. I'm currently unemployed,

and i am applying for college to study dance, photography and theatrical make-up.

I left school due to bullying, and am taking my GCSE's a year late. which sucks.

my closest friends are phil, amy and sabina (who attends CM with me).

and i am engaged to my boyfriend of almost a year michael.

Don't tell me i'm too young to be engaged, were not getting married for a LONG time.

It's just like a trust ring. I have attended every single collectormania,

and most LFCC's. I'm currently updating my modelling portfolio and i wish to do fashion

modelling when my portfolio is more filled out.

bebo (:

myspacee!

whoreface-x@hotmail.co.uk

^ I know that my MSN addy must give off a bad impression,

but it's the name of my best mates band, which i sing in.

So it's nothing saucy LOL.

I love meeting new people and love the collectormania parties.

You've probably seen me about (:

I went in a white corset, white trousers and a red long pirate coat afew years back.

Last year i wore denim mini shorts, a black top and had long blonde/brown hair.

I over edit everything, photo's, descriptions.

So come for a coffee with me at an event and get to know the real me.

Keeeegz90.jpg

^i'm not really that orange, it's just how the picture was edited.

Keeeegz10.jpg

Keeeegz19.jpg

Keeeegz31.jpg

Keeeegz41.jpg

lovelovelove14.jpg

Edited by PorcelainPerfect

Hallooo! I'm Alice (as you could probably tell from my imaginative username :dance:)

I'm 18 and I live in Swansea in Wales. I LOVE BtVS, LOST, Heroes, Charmed, LotR, HP... lots of stuff :YAHOO:

I've been to Collectormania twice now and I can't wait to go again this coming weekend, yay!

I think my favourite guest meeting was with Tony Head, he's my second favourite actor :dance:

15-1.jpg

That was last May :unsure:

This is what I look like now:

STA60069.jpg

Not the best pic of me, but most recent :P I love dying my hair red haha

• Moderators

Welcome new people! :D

(Or those who aren't new but just took a while to get here ;))

Hope you have fun round here ^_^

Get to know everyone - we're all an awesome bunch really, and the events are a lot more fun if you have people to bump into and say hi to :smile:

Ok here goes............i joined this morning so new newbie here!!

Im George and by the looks of it i come into the old fart category .

Im 34 years old......from liverpool.......and errrrrr drive trains.

I will be visiting 1st event on saturday so havent a clue on all these things!! but we have to start somewhere :(

IMG_6648.jpg

and no i dont have long hair :D:D:D:D

to be honest i dont know whos the more scarier :huh:

Edited by gidda1974

Hello! I'm Rhys and I'm a 21 year old from Anglesey, North Wales. Into films, music, gaming, reading, socialicing and walking. Currently a huge Indiana Jones geek, hehe. Collectormania London will be my first convention, so am really looking forward to it.

Hi im jayne and ive been posting on here for a while and never introduced myself ... shame on me!!! :blink: i live up north in aberdeenshire, im a mature student studying accountancy and finance (yes it really is as boring as it sounds but im thinking of the pay packet when im qualified, it might fund this addiction to junk that i have :D) im away to start my 3rd year placement working for a small book keeping firm on the 19th may which will help me put into place all this useless information ive got in my head! im a mum to a crazy 10 year old geek called james who gets his geekness from me and im engaged to a poor suffering mechanic called keith who hates all things science-fiction and fantasy (but i managed to get him addicted to buffy but i think that was more to do with eliza dushku than me ;))

apart from sci-fi and crafting i dont do anything else really, what a sad life i hear you say!

my msn is jayneebabe@hotmail.com if anyone fancies a yap :YAHOO:

• 2 weeks later...

I'm Lauren, 16 years old and I'm from Northamptonshire. :thumbdown:

I love Lost, Hustle, Desperate Housewives and CSI on TV.

I'm really into music, always listening to it.

Watch loads of films.

Love books too - Harry Potter crazy :coolthumb:

I study Philosophy & Ethics, History, English Language and Health and Social Care at 6th Form.

Honestly, I don't have too many recent photos of me on the computer, but I'll put on some of the most recent ones that I can find.

moie.jpg

^Me November 2007

i know you posted a few pages back, but whoa, i recognise you from school XD though i have never spoken to you *may have, but very briefly*

Edited by Emmeh

Hey everyone :WAVE:

I'm a newbie to the forum (this is my first post) but i've been to a few cons. My name's Cheryl, i'm 24 and i'm an office clerk in Sheffield.

Love sci-fi, fantasy and movies, and can't wait for LFCC in July :D

I've been logging onto this forum as a member for quite a while now and I've not even noticed this topic before (duh), so I decided to introduce myself as well....

My name is Matt, I'm 30 years old ...oh my God did I just say 30!... Anyway, I'm a civil servant from Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire... well just outside Stoke-on-Trent if we're being technical, closer to Leek.

You may well spot me at Collectormania Midlands or Manchester, I don't go to the Milton Keynes ones very often but might well be tempted after seeing Denise Crosby on the web site!

I'm a huuuuuuge fan of Kylie, and that's how you'll spot me...or one of my main points, you'll see me wearing a silver Kylie "K" Fever necklace, aside from that I have long hair, it doesn't seem that long to me but it certainly makes people look so I'll say very long hair... so if you see me, usually with my best friend Sara or maybe someone else... feel free to come and say hi... just don't mistake me for a woman! Which has happened before... grrrr....! :P

Here are some photos of me below :P

Oh and if it's a winter show, I'm very likely to be spotted wearing brightly coloured scarves as per below :P

mattcmania.jpg

Oh my God I've just broken the board with the width of my post!! :angry:

Hi All,

I'm Zippy, Zips, Zipster or JT.

I am reasonably new to the forum although I have done several collectormania in MK, Coventry and Manchester. Still to do LFCC and looking forward to my 1st con with Better Than Life.

I am 33, married and live in London. No kids that I know of.

If you see me on Facebook, I think my Pic looks like Johnny Vegas and would love to meet him to compare faces (HINT HINT SM) :clap:

Am into Heroes, Star Trek and RED DWARF as well as a few others.

Hope to meet some of you soon.

All the best.

Bye.

P.S. Goodbye from Geofrey, George and Bungle. :clap:

Edited by Zippy

Hi all, i'm Mordarke. Having recently moved to Milton Keynes after moving down from rural Wales (oh the culture shock) I bumped into your MK collectamania several weeks/months ago and managed to, even though I was but there for only half an hour tops, spoil peoples pictures with my elbow/back of my head. It's a skill, I assure you.

I am currently unemployed (was employed for four years in a Fantasy/Games/Gifts shop up in Wales called "Dragon Alley") and am currently being between a student and being useless (same thing, I know).

I enjoy hiking/camping/traveling and have somehow acquired a loud Canadian friend to go with me (she was hanging about when we were touring, bought something called "Fables". Who knows), I used to be one of the top in Wales for Magic The Gathering and pretty much know most of the rules of all the popular RPG's, Boardgames, Table-tops, though I must admit I don't own many of them ... I am also a most avid reader.

I think that's about it for me really. I also don't know anyone from this neck of the woods, so if there is anybody lurking about the Milton Keynes area, don't hesitate to drop me a PM.

P.S: I don't do pictures, I tend to break lenses.

There is a lot of people in here!

I went to a signing event to see Michael Shanks, and due to attend Chevron 7 because MS is one of the guests.

I liked early seasons of stargate SG1 (exploration and team together) but not so much the later seasons (politics and more about the military).

I'm in the West Midlands, I work in an office so the job is admin.

I like all these little yellow faces you can add to posts :P

Well i might as well do this since ive been hear a couple of months

Here it goes:

Hi I'm Kyle I'm 17 and live in Wolverhampton in the west midlands (not a nice place lol) with my parents and autistic brother callum (who attend every show with me, some of the staff know callum by now :))

I'm currently an apprentice for alstom transport who fix trains for virgin.

I've been attending cons since 2003, at first I was never really into the meeting people because when I was younger i was into yu-gi-oh and collecting the cards and wrestling figures, dont do that nowerdays.

I usually attend Collectormania:MK, (except 11 and 12) did the first gmex (would love to go again), midlands and that show in birmingham we dont talk about.....

I've never done lfcc and I would love to sooo badly. Hopefully going to set up a website for me and my brother of the people we have met over the years. If you want to add me feel free to on myspace www.myspace.com/kylebeech666.

Im also big into my music i love my rock, goth and metal as well as my 80's electronic music such as the human league and gary numan :) Love going to concerts :)

here are some pics of me :)

l_d75b7c7d7cb3f64b3cbcfb73132b4077.jpg

l_ef0eec851141a575f5d4bcbd15b2c717.jpg

l_aa72321669d523f77d1131a31fdd6b64.jpg

So yeah thats my intro hope to see yo at a con very soon :)

• 1 month later...

Hiya! My name's Catherine Elizabeth Roberts, and I live in Nottingham.

I am 15 years old and I went to my first convention with my boyfriend Ciaran (aka Kiwi 7)! :YAHOO: It was Collectormania 13, and I met John Barrowman!

I have a twin named Gemma, but luckily Ciaran doesn't get us mixed up! :thumbup: He's one of the growing number of people who are finally not getting us mixed up!

When I complete my GCSEs, I would like to become a primary school teacher. I was recently on Work Experience, which I thoroughly enjoyed!!!!

Here is a pic of Me, Ciaran and John Barrowman....

catherinemejohnbarrowmafb6.jpg

Here's another pic of me and Ciaran! :drool:

catherineme3updated400jj6.png

I should probably do a proper introduction before running a muck around these parts, so here's my little bio:

My name is Shawn, 30, reside in Denver, CO, and I work as an ocean exporter for a large shipping company. Think the exact opposite of the funnest thing you've ever done, and that's my job.

It appears I'm one of a few people outside of the UK, but hopefully that will be changing in the next year or so, as it's been a dream of mine to live in London.

Since nothing remotely exciting happens where I live (well, being a Titanic fan, we do have the Molly Brown musem), I'll have to enjoy all these great shows and stories vicariously through most of you, until I make it over to the other side of the pond.

I starting collecting autographs back in 2000, but strayed away to focus on screen used movie props and costumes for the last several years. Being it's a terribly expensive hobby, I plan to start focusing on autographs again. It's also nice to have a mix of the two, since they compliment one another very well.

Anyway, I hope to contribute what I can here, and make some new friends along the way.

Shawn