OFFICIAL 'INTRODUCE YOURSELF' THREAD!

Kell

• 2 weeks later...

Hiya!!

Am Heather am 21 from Liverpool!! :YAHOO: (Best City Ever!!) :poki: I work for a insurance company as a claims handler which is good fun.

I love listening to music, going the flicks and I love Wicked the Musical, curling up in bed to watch dvds, reading books & just having a laugh with my mates. An I love Southern Comfort & lemonade. :poki:

I'll be going to the G-mex in November already got my photo session with James Master & Jason Momoa :dance:

myspace is www.myspace.com/hetha10 check it out!!

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I'm Graham, 26, currently residing in Gloucester. I work as a NOC Engineer for Internet Service Provider. I describe myself as random, self depreciating with a touch of sarcasm thrown in

I love football, rugby (most sports really) music (Hard Dance), chilling and the occasional drink :P

As you can tell I have a lot to say about myself :blush:

I'm on the usual network sites (Facebook, Myspace) along with my own website (www.thegmeister.co.uk)

Well, catch you all laters :thumbup:

bit late in introducing myself hey ;)

My names Adam, i'm 18 from Manchester (will be volunteering in Nov!).

Into all sorts of music (pop,dance,rock,rnb,indie,etc) and my favourite programs at the moment at heroes, veronica mars, desperate housewives, QI, etc

My myspace isss.... http://www.myspace.com/82252874 [i haven't got round to choosing a name yet], It's private though so you can only see my photo so just add me if you want to know anything else.

:YAHOO:

Hi =]

I'm Keira, I'm 17 from Southend in Essex. I like anime, manga and scifi shows like Doctor Who, Torchwood etc. I'm a big fan of Heroes. I love British broadcasting like Spooks and Hustle (as well as DW and Torchwood). I did like Hex (shown on Sky 1) but it was axed. As for music, I'm into Rock, punk, ska and inde mainly but I'm open to other music styles.

I've been to the last 2 LFCC's and going to Collectormania on Sunday =]

I spy people from Essex above :hathor: And woot! It's David Tennant lookalike! Haha you're awesome =] and that tardis is amazing

Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/minxy_enigma

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=572760808

This is me:

l_da2b505d6b8d8fe2ee8ee76a475166a6.jpg

l_217c709a9d591ab29707d42af56cd8e2.jpg

hey!

im vicky, im 16 and i live in kent! i LOVE firefly/serenity, and anything to do with jewel staite, and i was sooooo happy to meet her at collectormania on friday!! happy times :)

im in year 12 and i study psychology, RE, chemistry and biology-rave! lol

im hoping to go to university of bath to study psychology--really praying!!

so yeh, wanna know more, heres my facebook--http://hs.facebook.com/profile.php?id=851005304

and add me on msn if u want! vloudenc@hotmail.co.uk

a pic--- 015619.jpg

o go on have another!

me4.jpg

o and the one of me and jewel of course!

n851005304_1518744_2245.jpg

Im Ed, 19 from the New Forest,

THis is me :uhoh:

dufflesmall.jpg

I like all things Six Feet Under,Prison Break,24 as far as TV goes

Im an avid Harry Potter fanboy :D the same goes for Zelda

Music wise im into, Animal Collective,Godspeed you black emporer!,A Silver Mt Zion,

Films i like are, The Science of Sleep, Elephant, Donnie Darko ect, hmm what else, im a big

Frank Miller fan! Umm what else this is hard, oh yeah i like wrestling :D

so hi!

I'm Lauren, 16 years old and I'm from Northamptonshire. ;)

I love Lost, Hustle, Desperate Housewives and CSI on TV.

I'm really into music, always listening to it.

Watch loads of films.

Love books too - Harry Potter crazy :P

I study Philosophy & Ethics, History, English Language and Health and Social Care at 6th Form.

Honestly, I don't have too many recent photos of me on the computer, but I'll put on some of the most recent ones that I can find.

beach2.jpg

^summer 2007

DSC02181.jpg

^Me on a day out, September 2007

moie.jpg

^Me November 2007

Edited by Laurenx

ok I'm Kaz! used to be on this forum back in the day but I'm not quite sure what happened..

anyway, im 20..21 next week! I live in London at the moment, studying at the University of the Arts which is amazing!! but home is in Buckinghamshire.

Been going to showmasters events since collectormania 2 and havn't missed one yet!

I'm a huge huge comic/graphic novel fan, mainly horror comics..IDW stuff but i do love my real superheroes too.

Big into lotr ever since i read the books as a wee teen, and have a slight obsession with the movies..just seen the musical here for the 2nd time too :) go see it, its incredible!

i love star trek next generation and slowly working my way upto the 8th season of stargate sg-1 coz i dont have much time to watch tv! probably finish all 10 in the next few years haha!

my one true love is probably star wars, coming in close with lotr though!

i love most fantasy/sci-fi as long as its well made! pan's labyrinth is probably the best one ive seen in a while though.

oh and pretty much anything george a romero has done! what a legend!

im a very 'arty' person i guess! doing graphic design at uni..love illustration and photography.hoping to have my own comic series one day! fingers crossed

music wise..from the beach boys to joanna newsom, or the shins to mogwai.i love so many different types..david bowie if i had to name one all time favourite!! or him and the smashing pumpkins if i had 2!!

also the shout out louds, prince, iron & wine, frou frou, the apples in stereo etc...

im very spiritual too..im qualified in reiki and do a lot of yoga.

i'm quite sure i've already written far too much..

:)

hope to talk some of you soon!

kazcat.jpg me as a cat on halloween

girls.jpg and thats me in the middle

• 2 weeks later...

Im Ed, 19 from the New Forest,

I like all things Six Feet Under,Prison Break,24 as far as TV goes

Im an avid Harry Potter fanboy :D the same goes for Zelda

Music wise im into, Animal Collective,Godspeed you black emporer!,A Silver Mt Zion,

Films i like are, The Science of Sleep, Elephant, Donnie Darko ect, hmm what else, im a big

Frank Miller fan! Umm what else this is hard, oh yeah i like wrestling :dance:

so hi!

Prison Break :huh:

Elephant is a pretty good film as well.

hiyya i'm grace and i've used the forum for ages but never looked into the general chat thingy

I'm 13 and i've been going to to showmasters events since i was about 6 so i'm pretty much a pro now lol!

i love all sorts of sci-fi stuff like heroes, lost, sg-1, atlantis, battlestar galactica, a town called eureka, firefly and many many more!

havent got any decent pics of me so sorry

but anyway peace out my fellow geeks!

Hey!!

How are u doing?

Another newbie here but this time from a city called Murcia, in Spain. (Is there any other spanish members? I hope I´m not alone :( Anyway, who cares? :D

I´m 22, I´m a university student, I´m studying Art History. And well... I joined because of the Heroes Eclipse Event but I am also a LOST fan.

Other than that I love writing, listening to music and travelling. I´m also a figure collector. What a freak! lol

Well, hope you don´t care I´m spanish and please forgive me for my bad english if I make any mistakes.

Nice to meet you all!! :YAHOO:

Edit: Almost forgot to post my pic. Here you go! (Sorry for the bad pic, it was taken with my old camera that sucks) And no, that´s NOT hair under my arm! it´s pixelated! :smile: I swear :poki:

1155672026fxk1.jpg

Edited by KarenRoss

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Guys,

I thought that I'd better at least put something down.

I'm sure that a lot of you may have seen me wandering around at the various SM events over the years as I'm not that hard to miss, 6'4 and normally wearing some weird shirt or other. In fact. that's me in my avatar where I'm wearing one of my favourites...

Yep, that's me (terribly sincere isn't it...LOL!).

I'm 32, Mancunian and have been coming to SM events since CM2 those many, many moons ago.

I love me some Harry Potter, Star Wars & The Matrix (with maybe a side helping of Buffyverse and all things horror).

I also have a special place in my hard, stony heart for the LOTR films.;

I've been a Lawyer for a long time and during my 'off time' I'm a film-maker, photographer and musician (the shot above is from a band photo session - that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it).

I don't post a great deal but I'm always lurking (God doesn't that sound stalkery?)

So come and say hello at the next event, I won't bite.

Mark!

PS - I too have my very own TARDIS.

Look for me on facebook 'Mark Cookson', MySpace 'Abstract Harmony Productions'

Edited by abstractharmony

• 4 weeks later...

Hello. Nice pic. Your English looks fine to me. Hope you enjoy the showmasters events. Are there many sci-fi/fantasy cons in Spain? GW

Hey!!

How are u doing?

Another newbie here but this time from a city called Murcia, in Spain. (Is there any other spanish members? I hope I´m not alone :dance: Anyway, who cares? :dance:

I´m 22, I´m a university student, I´m studying Art History. And well... I joined because of the Heroes Eclipse Event but I am also a LOST fan.

Other than that I love writing, listening to music and travelling. I´m also a figure collector. What a freak! lol

Well, hope you don´t care I´m spanish and please forgive me for my bad english if I make any mistakes.

Nice to meet you all!! ^_^

Edit: Almost forgot to post my pic. Here you go! (Sorry for the bad pic, it was taken with my old camera that sucks) And no, that´s NOT hair under my arm! it´s pixelated! :poki: I swear :D

1155672026fxk1.jpg

Hello everyone.

My names Charlotte and live in Derbyshire. I am 22 and i am a clerk for social services.

I am currently collecting signatures with my boyfriend (goes by the handle cultman).

We will be attending most of the events this year, but sadly on a tight budget as we are going on an expensive holiday later on in the year.

I am trying to complete my black and white picture of the heroes cast. My boyfriend is a huge star trek fan and is doing the same with his star trek pictures.

I enjoy going to the cinema, and i also do ballroom and latin dancing.

I have 3 cats, 2 fish,and a teddy bear that thinks he is a lion.

C11 was my first showmasters event. I have since attended C12, musicmania and G-mex in Novemeber.

I havn't got a photo to put up at the moment.

Edited by lovbug

• 3 weeks later...

Hey,

I'm Jade and I'm a 21 year old music student from Hull living in Manchester (at Salford uni though). I love music, many different forms of it, science fiction, horror, learning and books. I am currently also studying Japanese and German, though not too great yet!

I'm attending my first events this year, the two collectormania events in Manchester and Chevron 7. I'm a little bit excited. I don't know how I manages to miss the other Manchester events last year.

1546960194lmo0.jpg

n7427311623235066596gy1.jpg

Realised that I never really posted an introduction, even though I've been here a while.

Hi, I'm Charlie from Kent, and I've been attending SM conventions since CM9. That was my first con ever and I found it so great I was completely hooked - there was no going back after that! I've since been to CM10, LFCC '06, CM11, LFCC '07 (where I was part of the Great Heroes Stampeade!) and CM12. Am really looking forward to CM13 and LFCC '08! My favourite guests to meet so far have been James Masters and Helen Slater, who both couldn't have been nicer. The one guest who got me starstruck silly was Carrie Fisher, but she was charming too.

Conventions aside, my interests include reading, writing, history, sci-fi, and fantasy. I love dancing and singing, even though I can't actually do either very well, and I'll be returning to education later this year with hopes to eventually study psychology. I'm nearly 25 but still feel and look like I'm 15, and I'm "mum" to three very demanding cats.

Really glad these boards are here. They're so useful for keeping right up to date with SM stuff. :)