Have a Question

Alx

I used to watch SG-1 when it was starting to re-run about what 5 years ago from Season 1, when it was on channel 4. However Channel 4 stopped shwoing it, and I failed to follow it from then on. Recently though I have bought Season 1, and am building up the collection again. Was the whole Stargate Franchise not started by a Stargate film, and if so what was it called because I can nto find it anywhere.. I remember a film, btu unsure whether it was the start or just came out at a random point.

A

It was that then, I wasnt sure, I kept seeing that, but the bold writing of Directors Cut made me think it was one of those Directors DVDs, full of extras, just telling you about the series and |having not looked at the back of the case .. kk kl

Thanks

A

yup, here we go:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00005O...ce&n=283926

EDIT - yeah it did start with the film, though the film has a few different actors for some of the charachers... the series is really better ^_^

And I thought the Stargate thread was safe *runs away* ;)

safe from me you mean? nah :poki:

i'm everywhere... even pop in to wrestling from time to time, though i've no interest in that :poki::firedevil:

yup, here we go:

EDIT - yeah it did start with the film, though the film has a few different actors for some of the charachers... the series is really better :poki:

And I thought the Stargate thread was safe *runs away* :poki:

i'm everywhere... even pop in to wrestling from time to time, though i've no interest in that :firedevil::firedevil:

Really? I hadn't noticed...

At least you didn't start with 'Well I've never watched Stargate but I'm going to tell you its life story anyway...' ^_^

Was the whole Stargate Franchise not started by a Stargate film, and if so what was it called because I can nto find it anywhere.. I remember a film, btu unsure whether it was the start or just came out at a random point.

What you want to do is get the Stargate Ultimate Edition DVD from www.ezydvd.com.au as it includes both the Theatrical and Directors Cut of the film and is less than £10 delivered :dance:

They did have a nice version in a metal tin but they dont seem to be selling it anymore which is a shame but they will shortly be releasing SG-1 Seasons 1-9 in Metal Tins which look quite tempting.

Edited by Colonel Jack O'Neill

yup, here we go:

EDIT - yeah it did start with the film, though the film has a few different actors for some of the charachers... the series is really better :lol:

And I thought the Stargate thread was safe *runs away* :P

i'm everywhere... even pop in to wrestling from time to time, though i've no interest in that :dance::firedevil:

Really? I hadn't noticed...

At least you didn't start with 'Well I've never watched Stargate but I'm going to tell you its life story anyway...' ;)

:dance:

i've never done that anywhere... i think?

but i've seen everything now, barring half of season 6, so... :dance:

I had heard of the new film, to celebrate the 200th episode or something..

A

They've been trying to do a film for ages, but never got to end the show, so now they've decided to make a film and keep the show going.

• 2 weeks later...

According to an article at ComingSoon.net, Dean Devlin (producer and writer of the original Stargate feature film which starred Kurt Russell and James Spader), wants to finish the trilogy of films that he had originally planned.

"I'd want the films to stay on track for what the original three were planned to be," said Devlin. "I'd want to let the series stand on their own."

http://comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=15537

Edited by BluebizzieB

• Showmasters Admin

According to an article at ComingSoon.net, Dean Devlin (producer and writer of the original Stargate feature film which starred Kurt Russell and James Spader), wants to finish the trilogy of films that he had originally planned.

"I'd want the films to stay on track for what the original three were planned to be," said Devlin. "I'd want to let the series stand on their own."

Three Stargate films?! :o:P

Andrea

Three Stargate films?! :wub::D

Andrea

it would be cool but im not sure how it would work running alongside the series cause they arent aiming on using the series cast :S

but yay! it would be cool!

Also, I was thinking, their plan is to carry on from the first film..

How would that happen without completly disregarding SG1?

How would they explain no Sam or Teal'c..no more Abydos..goauld are gone and its now the ori..

While the series carried on from the first film, I dont believe 2 more 'old school' films could carry on, and would have to branch out on its own, perhaps alternate reality?

Of course id still watch them obviously :D

maybe they're not intending to use the sg1 team for most of it?

If its a follow on from the first film with the story arc from that, then really, there cant be any SG teams at all?

The films are supposed to cover the timeframe between the first movie and the TV pilot from what I heard.

I read somewhere, think it was gateworld, that it was to have been set 12 years after the first film so they'd have had to age the actors, but by co-incidence, its 12 years since the first film so the actors have naturally aged..

• 2 weeks later...
  • Showmasters Admin

There are so many discrepancies between the film and series that I can see them just egnoring the series altogether and carrying on from where they left off with the film. Let's face it, the film and series are so different from each other that I think there's room for both. Kind of like 2 alternate realities of the same subject.

Andrea