War of the Worlds

Steven442

Did anybody else get fed up of hearing War of the Worlds over and over and over? I really like the album but after this show, and a few others which these guys have been at, I don't know if i'll ever need to listen to it again.

the 2 guys on the stall must R E A L L Y love it to be able to sit there for 2 days with it at full blast.

Enjoyed the rest of the event mainly, although was expecting about 4 times as many stalls.

...not entirely sure what the point of that booth was,anyway.

i'm a massive die-hard mad-keen JWMVOTWOTW fan and was looking forward to meeting the man himself...

but a dinky booth would have been just dandy.

and apart form a few posters and programs and the album itself,which,lets be honest,everybodys got... there was nowt else.

the chances of jeff wayne coming again...?

a million to one?

-very good,hopefully!

Forget about peace.

I say " Give peas a chance!"

No!!! Give quiche a chance!!!! Every one always bullies it!!!! (sorry)

Anyhoo.... between this show and the last Birmingham show which will remain unamed, I am sick to the back teeth of Jeff Bloody Wayne and his godawfull War on my Frickin Eardrums!!!! Leave him out of the next show SM PLEEEEEASE!!!!! For the love of God, Humanity, the Little Bunnies and Birds!!!!! Or at least make sure they are quiet during the talk sessions.

Sweet!!!!

me beating JW with a chair > :angel: "Die Jeff Die!!!!!"

• Showmasters Admin

I asked them to turn it down 3 TIMES because it was intefering with the guest talks (and really, really p*ssing me off!), but it still managed to creep back up. Next time I'll ask them with a baseball bat through the speakers!

Andrea

I asked them to turn it down 3 TIMES because it was intefering with the guest talks (and really, really p*ssing me off!), but it still managed to creep back up. Next time I'll ask them with a baseball bat through the speakers!

Andrea

Can i help Andrea! :D

I do love Jeff Wayne's WOTW, have done since first being given the album aged 8. It was one of the key moments which introduced me to, and gave me a passion for horror/sci-fi/genre fiction/movies/etc. It was a pleasure to meet Jeff last year, but I have to agree, 9 hours on a loop was a bit much!

Though it was in the middle of the hall & as I was elsewhere (ie: at one end or the other), so it didn't become that much of an issue. It was just strange how every time I walked past, it seemed to be on the same song "Thunderchild".

Keep Jeff, just don't have WOTW on constantly. :D

Edited by Victor Van Dort

And if the baseball bat doesn't work, try a JCB next.

It is very, very, very irritating though, and for the LF&CC it was louder then ever which caused problems for many. Maybe next time conveniently forget to give them a power supply :headscratch:

Andrea

I know people want to see him, so it would be unfair and unreasonable for me to just say don't invite him again, but, maybe next time place him at the opposite side of the arena as the talks though. It's not fair on the people trying to listen to the talks (or even to the guests trying to give the talks) to have to listen to that noisy $hite!!!!

Cheers dudes!!!!

:P

Andrea

Please do, I thought it was very rude of them. :unsure: The guests were doing their best to talk above the noise and I thank them for going their best, but sometimes you couldn't hear.

Luc