bit of a problem

flinty

i bought an autograph from autographica a couple of times back and on recently showing it to a trusted source i have been told it is definately a forgery and am quiet upset about this as it cost me £50 while i understand the people in charge of the event are not really responsible for this i thought all of these dealers where the cream of the autograph dealers and it was the most reliable place to buy from as all of the dealers were a trusted source this is why i shelled out without thinking i don't really know what to do i don't want to start slagging this dealer off incase it was a geniune mistake but cannot seem to find the dealer in question has anybody got any ideas?

umm, maybe contact the organisers directly, and see if they can help put you in touch with the dealer?

also, i don't know if this is possible, but not everything ppl sign ends up lookin identical... is it possible that its still genuine but, intentionally or otherwise, looks like a forgery?

i duuno, just a thought... can certainly understand that you'd be very upset though. hope it gets sorted for you.

i bought an autograph from autographica a couple of times back and on recently showing it to a trusted source i have been told it is definately a forgery and am quiet upset about this as it cost me £50 while i understand the people in charge of the event are not really responsible for this i thought all of these dealers where the cream of the autograph dealers and it was the most reliable place to buy from as all of the dealers were a trusted source this is why i shelled out without thinking i don't really know what to do i don't want to start slagging this dealer off incase it was a geniune mistake but cannot seem to find the dealer in question has anybody got any ideas?

I'm sure the Autographica guys would have contact details for this vendor should you need them. Just out of interest what makes you believe this trusted source more than the vendor?:huh:

Hi Flinty

if you wish to email me details maybe I can find the dealer for you.

As well as owning MSPG I am a director of the UACC and they should be all UACC dealers at the show, that said, it should make it easier to deal with the situation.

mick@mspgs.com

Just curious - was that "trusted source" another dealer?

I don't want to start anything, but there are people around who will tell you on purpose you got a fake hoping to sell their own stock.

I've had one dealer identify my Brad Pitt autograph that I got in person as a fake and trying to sell me one of his.

Fair Enough..

(Seperate point, I think you should have donated those Final tickets on Saturday, it was a great match last nigth, shame one of the two teams had to lose, but being 1/16 Italian 4/16 Scottish and 11/16 English, Itlay are my team to win, so I would have liked it to have been an Italy Germany Final, but Italy now)

A

I cant afford flights to Germany for this week, for some strange reason their expensive :P

A

You should think that everyone is cancelling their flights now... *thinks of certain person that shall remain nameless*

I read that as someone who will remain shameless

A

Dont ever buy autographs, get them only in person or not at all!

well said :blink:

Cheers. For me its also about meeting the guest, having a chat ,shaking their hand and getting a piccy. Not just about them writing their name on a photo. 99% of my autographs are personalised so are worth no money to re-sell, but to me they are priceless.

thats great if you get the chance to meet them as i prefer this also but certain people are to big to do a con yet unfortuanately i very rarely buy them in but there are certain people that aren't going to be doing cons(well certainly not for a while if at all)and what do you do about people that are deceased never get their auto???