Requests for next time

dufresne

1. some seating

2. some proper food at sensible prices

3. seating !!! PLEASE ?? Do we really need to sit on the FLOOR ?

4. a few tables at waist height where you can gather your bits and bobs post-signing. My friend is a dealer, and (rightly) hates people resting their stuff on his stock. Each individual never sees the harm, but it's almost all day, both days !!

5. Dave Prowse at £15 as promised, and not DOUBLE that amount !!!

6. Admission as planned and not by the "parting of the red sea" approach.....

7. A better PA in a talk area further away from Jerkbeast and WOTW

8. maybe some plainer sandwiches ?? Marinated prime sea salmon with enshalottes of craime fraishe ??? **** OFF !!! Prime fillet of beef with tossed green salad of seasonable vegetables ? PLEASE !!!

It's mass produced, poorly nourishing, overpriced nonsense ! What's wrong with ham and cheese, egg and onion, or chicken and bacon ???? Well, I suppose you cant charge four quid for those !!!

I know catering at these shows is a minefield, but EC are taking the **** at anotherwise damned good venue.

It's accessible, air conditioned, has loads of different accommodation nearby etc, etc. Otherwise, perfect as a venue. Anyway .... any more recommendations for 2007 ?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dufresne, I totally agree with the talks and the sound. I thought it was very daft having those noisy stalls so close to the talk area. And speakers at the back of the hall would have been nice.

After hearing WOTW on repeat for 2 whole days, my ears were close to bleeding :)

Some seating areas where you can just sit and wait for your VT number to come up, instead of people having to leave the centre to find seating, this causes people to spend money elsewhere instead of in the con.

Otherwise fantastic con,............. oh I love the stormtroopers etc, great fun, flirting with a stormtrooper is great fun!

Susie

and jeff wayne wasn't even there,on the sat' at least...

agreed with the seating thing... all those poor people slumped about on the floor-it just looked wrong.

unproffessional,even.

tables and chairs next time,please.

also,a bit more to do during downtime... there was an awful lot of floor space wasted... lots of opportunities there.

8. maybe some plainer sandwiches ?? Marinated prime sea salmon with enshalottes of craime fraishe ??? **** OFF !!! Prime fillet of beef with tossed green salad of seasonable vegetables ? PLEASE !!!

It's mass produced, poorly nourishing, overpriced nonsense ! What's wrong with ham and cheese, egg and onion, or chicken and bacon ???? Well, I suppose you cant charge four quid for those !!!

You were in the wrong one of the sandwich places apparently. The one further to the back did have chicken and bacon sandwiches. :D

But I seriously agree about the seating. That was really bad. Last year there were at least some chairs.

oops,sorry... requests...

roger lloyd pack,again... so he can sign my cybermen artwork.

matt wood,the general greivous fella...

jeremy bulloch.

simon pegg and nick frost-to coincide with 'hot fuzz'!

jason flemyng and oh,what the hell...all of the cast of 'the league of extraordinary gentlemen'!.

including sir sean!!!

treat williams and kevin o'connor...a 'deep rising' reunion!

bill nighy.

david warner.

dave dorman.

a burger van?

how very down-market!

:D

5. Dave Prowse at £15 as promised, and not DOUBLE that amount !!!
I saw his price saign say, "£20 or £30" or something like that...What was that about? Could he or SM not make up how much the price was? He's not even worth £30 if Carrie Fisher is £25.

During Paul Blakes talk he had to stop talking for about 4 mins before the PA announcment had finished ( cos it drowned him out) with the virtual queue numbers update...and then it went on about the photo shoots no doubt leaving Mr Blake and the interviewer (Paul?) probably a bit embarrassed. The PA needn't really have been so loud.

Dave had some larger pics which were £30 and he had an even bigger pic for £40. He was also selling hisbooks at £25 or £40 for both.
If that was the case maybe it should have been made clear on the price sign as to not deter fans away at the price.

Oooops. Sorry.

Although, if our single tiny little tv drowned out the PA then that's not really our fault. We couldn't hear the PA at all from our side of the partition, so we had no idea you guys could hear us from yours.

Ah well, nothing wrong with a little SWP altogether now 'You like chicken! I like panthers! Let's all dance like Danny Glover! Go go go go go-go-go!......'

Oooops. Sorry.

Although, if our single tiny little tv drowned out the PA then that's not really our fault. We couldn't hear the PA at all from our side of the partition, so we had no idea you guys could hear us from yours.

Ah well, nothing wrong with a little SWP altogether now 'You like chicken! I like panthers! Let's all dance like Danny Glover! Go go go go go-go-go!......'

I doubt the catering is controlled by Showmasters, they just hire earls court and whatever catering is provided. The prices of the food can be explained by the fact that

1, its london so prices will be 20-30% higher than anywhere else

and...

2, the price of food at these facilities are always high anyway. food at the ***** is quite hightly priced too.

I agree with the seating idea plus somewhere to sort you stuff out after you have got a signature.

'4. a few tables at waist height where you can gather your bits and bobs post-signing. My friend is a dealer, and (rightly) hates people resting their stuff on his stock. Each individual never sees the harm, but it's almost all day, both days !!'

Definitely. I was struggling at times with my stuff, especially the queues where you're being moved along quickly.

Ooops.

Sorry if we caused any bother. We coldn't hear the PA at all from our side of the partition. Didn't realise you could hear our tiny TV from yours. Hope it didn't cause too much bother, still, there's nothing wrong with a bit of SWP!

Altogether now "You like chicken! I like panthers! Let's all dance like Danny Glover! Go go go go go-go-go!"

www.jerkbeast.co.uk

and jeff wayne wasn't even there,on the sat' at least...

agreed with the seating thing... all those poor people slumped about on the floor-it just looked wrong.

unproffessional,even.

tables and chairs next time,please.

also,a bit more to do during downtime... there was an awful lot of floor space wasted... lots of opportunities there.

Nor the Sunday. Quite dissapointing as I was looking forward to meeting him.