Elijah Wood - Model Guest

Calumn

I'd just like to say what a fantastic guest I thought Elijah Wood was and what a perfect model he is to other big name stars who come to these events.

He was really friendly, happy to personalise and really gave each person a decent amount of time, yet the queue moved really fast and a lot of people go to see him. Just goes to show that if the guest really is there for the right reason, he can give people a great experience and still allow alot of fans to meet him. I saw him both right early in the day and right near the end and there was no change in his approach or enthusiasm.

Kind of makes the cattle market approaches of other guests seem all the more unnecessary and insulting, and exposes even more the guests that really didnt have the fans in mind. I'm looking your way, Mr Shatner.

Let's hear it for Elijah Wood!!!

By the way, if anyone missed out on meeting Elijah, I have a spare signed (undedicated) Sin City photo of him. I obtained it first time round but then found one I liked better at one of the dealers so I went back again and got it signed and now have one too many. If anyone would like it I wouldnt want anymore than the £20 which I paid. Let me know if interested! Otherwise I'll stick it on eBay, but I'd rather it went to a showmasters fan who missed out through some sort of bad luck than to a stranger.

Edited by Calumn

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd just like to say what a fantastic guest I thought Elijah Wood was and what a perfect model he is to other big name stars who come to these events.

He was really friendly, happy to personalise and really gave each person a decent amount of time, yet the queue moved really fast and a lot of people go to see him. Just goes to show that if the guest really is there for the right reason, he can give people a great experience and still allow alot of fans to meet him. I saw him both right early in the day and right near the end and there was no change in his approach or enthusiasm.

Kind of makes the cattle market approaches of other guests seem all the more unnecessary and insulting, and exposes even more the guests that really didnt have the fans in mind. I'm looking your way, Mr Shatner.

Let's hear it for Elijah Wood!!!

By the way, if anyone missed out on meeting Elijah, I have a spare signed (undedicated) Sin City photo of him. I obtained it first time round but then found one I liked better at one of the dealers so I went back again and got it signed and now have one too many. If anyone would like it I wouldnt want anymore than the ?20 which I paid. Let me know if interested! Otherwise I'll stick it on eBay, but I'd rather it went to a showmasters fan who missed out through some sort of bad luck than to a stranger.

and also on ebay youd be lucky to get £20 as there are so many fakes it scares people off :wacko:

I wasn't at this Con But

he has always been like this :) and I totally agree that some other guests shod learn from him how to behave :) with ther funs

got to wonder were he gets his energy <lol> and patience :wacko:

:YAHOO:B):YAHOO::thumbup:

I have to say that Elijah Wood is a model guest to.

My daughter and i were very pleased and excited to meet Elijah.

My daughter loved having her Photo shoot with him. she then got to have his autograph with him. In this she got a kiss and a hug of him this was a great end to a very exciting day. ( i also got a hug and a kiss too).

CAN WE HAVE ELIJAH AT C10 PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. :D:P

My daughter loved having her Photo shoot with him. she then got to have his autograph with him. In this she got a kiss and a hug of him this was a great end to a very exciting day. ( i also got a hug and a kiss too).

Lucky you! I'm very jealous! Although, he did draw a big heart on my photo that he personalised for me, but I'd much rather have the hug and kiss :YAHOO::thumbup:

Yes, please SM, can we have Elijah at C10 please :)

Lucky you! I'm very jealous! Although, he did draw a big heart on my photo that he personalised for me, but I'd much rather have the hug and kiss :YAHOO::thumbup:

Yes, please SM, can we have Elijah at C10 please :)

All you had to do was ask him for a kiss and he would give you one. I got a bonus a hug which i wasnt expecting. And man did i get very excited after didnt calm down for hours. LUCKY ME. :YAHOO:

he was such a lovely chap.

and even though the line for the photo shoot was moving along at a decent pace, he still managed a wee chat before the photo was taken. :thumbup:

and what stunning eyes he really has.

way to go elijah!

he was such a lovely chap.

and even though the line for the photo shoot was moving along at a decent pace, he still managed a wee chat before the photo was taken. :thumbup:

and what stunning eyes he really has.

way to go elijah!

I completely agree what a nice chap he is had time 2 chat even though he was running late. But youre right such gorgeous blue eyes he has. :YAHOO:

yup 10 out of 10 EW - thank you for CARING, and not just taking the money and running like so many other big names (i'm looking at Mr Shatner too!!! his ears must be burning by now).

Well done SM and well done Elijah.

Afraid my experience wasn't as good.

Elijah was great, looked up and smiled at me but before I could ask him to personalise the photo I was shoved along for the next person. So now all I have is his signature (which I love, I was just really hoping for it to be personalised!) I tried to ask if they could just pop it round so he could just write my name on it but they wouldn't. :headscratch:

Yeah he was a great guest. I'm really happy with the photo i got from the session, Really great quality and was well managed. Loved meeting him and had a quick talk about the upcoming Iggy Pop movie, He really seemed happy to be there.

Afraid my experience wasn't as good.

Elijah was great, looked up and smiled at me but before I could ask him to personalise the photo I was shoved along for the next person. So now all I have is his signature (which I love, I was just really hoping for it to be personalised!) I tried to ask if they could just pop it round so he could just write my name on it but they wouldn't.:uhoh:

I did get mine personalised (we were asked to write our names on a bit of paper before hand so didn't have to ask) but have to say there wasn't much chatting when I was there either and people were being rushed along a bit but as it was nearing when he was planning to leave and there were still people that wanted to meet him that is understanable and he did chat breifly and was very friendly. I would have liked a comment on my costume though as it was LOTR, wonder if he even realised. :unsure::rolleyes: Ah well can't have everything we want in life I guess. :P I also would have loved a hug but am way too shy to ask. :blush:

The talk was good too although it could have done with more speakers/ being louder, as I had a bit of trouble hearing him. He manages to answer the questions and elaboartae which is nice wheras some people hardly say anything, although I guess that may be more down to nerves of others than anything else.

I didn't hear properly what was said but there was something about a dance and Elijah asked the lady to do a reanactment as she had asked him and he kind of joined in and then gave her a hug and he was really friendly to all the people who ased questions.

I would definately like to see him back at another event somewhen so I can ask a question. I wasn't sure what to ask today. :rolleyes::D

Edited by secretsinside

Elijah is no doubt a model guest. I managed to meet Fillion at around 4:55 in the evening, 5 minutes before the show closed. I then hurried to thte Elijah's queue. There were about, mabye 20 people left in the queue, and he was willing to finish it off. I was the second to last person by the time I met him it was 5:15. 15 minutes after the show closed :rolleyes: Nice to know he was willing to put in a little extra time for us :rolleyes:

I thought he was great, and commented to someone official how smoothly it was going. Maybe because unlike Shatner, he didn't have a PA sticking the next 5 people's photos in his eyeline - Elijah's 'people' were all very calm and not at all shrieking or Harridan like (no names.. :rolleyes: )

I thought Nathan and Alan were better.

They were great also, especially Nathan who gave handouts to people who asked questions, that was very nice of him, finally a guest who gives a little back to his fans :rolleyes:

However, Elijah was a HUGE guest, Alan and Nathan were only doing up to maybe 300 to 400. Eli was up to a 1000+ and was still smiling at the very end; not that Alan or Nathan wouldn't have, i'm sure they would.

Edited by shaqarava

Yes must say that Elijah was an absolute darling, my teenage daughter had her photo taken with him and he was very pleasant to her which made my daughters day if not year.

I then went and got his autograph which was personalised to me wishing me a Happy Birthday, he looked up at me with his lovely eyes smiled and wished me a great day and shook my hand very warmly.

Thank you Showmasters for a perfect guest and an exciting day. :D

:D Its nice for someone like that to take the time to come and meet all the fans. It must be hard work doing as many signings as EW did over two days I thought he was really nice would love to meet him again. Wish more stars would take time out to meet the fans.