Best Costume

I didn't go in costume cos havent got round to actually making one. I saw girl in the gold pass queue with a great Mara Jade costume and one in Anakin costume. Anyone got any other favourites? Exclude UK Garrison troopers from this cos they the professionals.

PS. how bout those girls on the Manga/Amine stall in maids costumes :-)

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not really a big fan of people going to these events in costumes, kind of seems to degrade the characters and films which they events are designed to celebrate, but I am aware that I am in a massive minority and hence will keep my mouth shut.

There were some guys dressed as Indiana Jones' who had really amazing whips which I think were homemade. I also saw a really well made nazgul costume. I cant remember seeing a single Star Trek uniform, however, which must be some sort of record!

Oh, and those manga girls in maids costumes were the highlight of the show! Showmasters should book them for a signing next time!

Edited by Calumn

I'm not really a big fan of people going to these events in costumes, kind of seems to degrade the characters and films which they events are designed to celebrate, but I am aware that I am in a massive minority and hence will keep my mouth shut.

I agree with you.

But, the best costume I saw was V, and the Doctor Who guy. He sat next to me in the Jorge Garcia talk, and kept making noises with his Sonic Screwdriver whilst we were waiting for Jorge to come on stage. He was cracking me up!

The Lara Crofts!

There was one in particular who was in the 'Legends' type costume - Absolutely amazing!!!!!!!!

Calumn - Don't be so bloody miserable - I think that they add to the event.

Dr. Who was also very good!

WAAAAAHHHHH!!! I'm missing the Lara's. Please post pics and imagine a Malfoy in the them.

Thought the Lara in the Union Jack shirt was best myself. Lara if your reading this make urself known ;-)

The Lara Crofts!

There was one in particular who was in the 'Legends' type costume - Absolutely amazing!!!!!!!!

Calumn - Don't be so bloody miserable - I think that they add to the event.

Dr. Who was also very good!

he was a miserable sod!

the guy dressed as the red hood gets top marks...

ten out of ten for inspiration-i only wish i still had my brian bolland joker sketches to give to him.

he deserves some kind of prize.

White Ranger Tommy! I didn't see him but man the costume looks exactly like it did on TV.

I really liked the guy wearing the Batman Begins costume. I only saw him at the very start of the morning and I just missed him so I don't have a photo. The Lara Crofts were cool as well.

The Doctor Who guy was great - I did a double take when he walked past!! :headscratch:

But I think the guy dressed as V has to win hands down - with the daggers and scarlet carson and everything! :YAHOO:

Mel

Well here are the Saturday Lara's:

7a.jpg

And a Sunday group of us:

15a.jpg

And tell you what....Costume ppl certainly brighten up the day of the stall holders when they're looking bored and not busy!

Edited by Mich

Well here are the Saturday Lara's:

7a.jpg

15a.jpg

And tell you what....Costume ppl certainly brighten up the day of the stall holders when they're looking bored and not busy!

Cool!

lmao hobbit lara, robbing the tombs of middle earth!

who are the costume on the bottom photo i get the ice queen from nania and lara again but who are the rest?

he was a miserable sod!

the guy dressed as the red hood gets top marks...

ten out of ten for inspiration-i only wish i still had my brian bolland joker sketches to give to him.

he deserves some kind of prize.

Thanks mate. I was The red hood and it's nice that someone got it. Staz Johnson got it first time and so did V, so to both of you, well done. Oh and V, if you're on here, can you make your presence known, cause you seemed really cool. As far as Brian Bolland art goes, I got his signature which is the next best thing.

BrianBolland.jpg

15a.jpg

Cool!

lmao hobbit lara, robbing the tombs of middle earth!

who are the costume on the bottom photo i get the ice queen from nania and lara again but who are the rest?

From Left to right:

Jessica Rabbit,Gabriel( from Constantine),Lara Croft,Selene ( from Underworld), White Witch

There were some guys dressed as Indiana Jones' who had really amazing whips which I think were homemade.

I'm one of those Jones' and the whips are 100 % made by a pro inside of whip making.

Going to post some pics of the Jones boys later.

There were some guys dressed as Indiana Jones' who had really amazing whips which I think were homemade.

I'm one of those Jones' and the whips are 100 % made by a pro inside of whip making.

Cool - they were really impressive. I saw one of you crack it absolutely right aswell just before the guy came and stopped you, made a great sound :(

Cool - they were really impressive. I saw one of you crack it absolutely right aswell just before the guy came and stopped you, made a great sound :P

Well, we did it at the same time, it was the other Indy that was stopped. ^_^

I was really pleased to see the storm troopers when we turned up, I'm not a huge star wars fan but it put a huge grin on my face and gave great atmos even in the queue. Should get my pics back tomorrow so I can post a few for those who want them. I know we got a couple in the Nathan Fillion/Alan Tudyk talk.

W&FF

Blatant tonks

White Ranger Tommy! I didn't see him but man the costume looks exactly like it did on TV.

I really liked the guy wearing the Batman Begins costume. I only saw him at the very start of the morning and I just missed him so I don't have a photo. The Lara Crofts were cool as well.

The White power Ranger Was so good because it was one of the origional TV costumes..