The £45 question

What is it with people that have very few posts and all of them are negative.

Call me Mr. Conspiracy or whatever, but I sense rival promoters needing to come on board due to jealousy.

Well maybe.

Yes, I couldn't help but note this was his first post too.... :wub:

• Showmasters Admin

What is it with people that have very few posts and all of them are negative.

Call me Mr. Conspiracy or whatever, but I sense rival promoters needing to come on board due to jealousy.

Well maybe.

It's normally the case that it's people with an axe to grind. Either other promoters or previously banned forum members. I've just come to ignore them. They have their view on the world and I have mine.

The day all auto's reach 45 pounds......i will call it aday then!.......aren't most of these Star's well off enough as it is......how about they give a little back to us.....rather than take ,take ,take....just a thought!.....i mean if by some miracle they got an A-Lister.....should they really charge a high amount its not as if they need the money but just wanted to give something back to their fans?

Edited by Dr Evil

if u think its to much then think of it as an investment a quick look on any auto sight shows that 45 pounds is cheep for mr lee.

Example

even ebay is a lot more expensive per the example above.

i wish i could go but i cant aford to go :YAHOO:

but if i id i wouldnt know what character to get

The day all auto's reach 45 pounds......i will call it aday then!.......aren't most of these Star's well off enough as it is......how about they give a little back to us.....rather than take ,take ,take....just a thought!.....i mean if by some miracle they got an A-Lister.....should they really charge a high amount its not as if they need the money but just wanted to give something back to their fans?

Tom Cruise regularly signs at premieres for free - and you don't get much more A-List than him. He IS the A-List :YAHOO:

Tom Cruise regularly signs at premieres for free - and you don't get much more A-List than him. He IS the A-List :YAHOO:
He does that while he's promoting the film AND himself...

He's also giving something back to his fans.....

You could see the Christopher Lee / £45 thing as a bit of a test - i.e., whether SM can get a guest of his caliber and still make money. Now I think this is fine - CL is going to want more money than Stormtrooper#1, and that's fine - SM are going to have to make that up by increasing the price.

I also think that if CL does well, this might be a good thing for future SM events, where we could have 1 (or 2) biiiig guests, who might charge around the £45 mark. That way, SM might be able to attract the Mark Hamills and the Jeri Ryans of this world. I guess the danger is that certain other people see this and think 'well maybe I can get away with £45 as well'.

So I'm cautiously optimistic about it. If it means that even bigger guests come along, then it's done it's job - I will certainly pay £45 for Jeri Ryan, for example. But what does everyone else think?

PS : - How about a late Alison Doody and Kate Capshaw double bill announcement? :YAHOO:

I was saying to my brother when i read the CL annoucnement, sure it seems expensive but say someone like Mia Maetro or Jennifer Garner did i con, i'd happily pay double that and then some to meet em. So yeah, If they get a HUGE guest whos gonna be popular i'm sure loads of peeps will pay no matter what.

not really, when he does it for his own name and to get more people to watch the films.

he's making more money, then.

plus, more ppl hear of him, and think he's doing something good, while being blind to the money side that he'll obviously profit from.

more publicity=higer fees in the future.

Tom Cruise regularly signs at premieres for free - and you don't get much more A-List than him. He IS the A-List :headscratch:

not really, when he does it for his own name and to get more people to watch the films.

plus, more ppl hear of him, and think he's doing something good, while being blind to the money side that he'll obviously profit from.

higher fees in future......not likely ...after the performance MI3 did at the box office!

Tom Cruise regularly signs at premieres for free - and you don't get much more A-List than him. He IS the A-List :headscratch:

higher fees in future......not likely ...after the performance MI3 did at the box office!

but ppl know him.

more ppl would have gone to see it because of him personally than if he hadn't been in it - i.e. there might have been a worse turnout without his support.

so i reckon its not unrealistic to say he's one of these stars who will be able to literally name his price, since he'll draw ppl to watch even the most horrendus bullsh*t.

Viggo writes poetry and publishes books of photography. He does regular signings in the U.S. to promote his own small press publishing company, so perhaps this may be another route to tempt him to attend an SM show? Buy Viggo's book of poetry & get your LOTR stuff signed at the same time! :P:D

Viggo used to sign anything at his art opening appearances (I've seen him sign body parts and even a kiddies plastic sword, as well as the usual action figures and 8x10 pics), but he now will only sign his own art books. A friend of mine was at the signing that changed his policy - a couple of professional auto-hunters were so obnoxious to him that he just said "no more". It's a pity that some ruthless guys out to make money spoiled it for everyone - he is a really nice person to meet (and insists on personalisation as there is less chance of the item ending up on ebay). I really don't see him appearing at a convention - he seems to have made the decision to keep his acting and art seperate (though some of his his books have really nice photos he has taken of the LOTR cast members that are worth checking out).

However, if you happen to meet him in the street, he will sign anything.

Just look at how many films Christopher Lee has been in. I doubt many actors have as impressive a resume. That is why in this instance I am willing to pay £45. There aren't many others I would pay that much for. Just hope I manage to get there early enough to meet him!