LATEST GUEST ANNOUNCEMENT: Christopher Lee

What an amazing guest!!

When Richard Dreyfuss had to cancel, and England getting through to the next round I decided not to go, and now SM do this to me NOOOOOOOOoooooo!

Does anyone know if MSPG are taking pre-orders for him? I have dropped Mick an email asking him as Christopher Lee isn't on his website for pre-orders and I have had no response. I guess he is real busy with it all.

Having read through a couple of comments on this thread (I didn't read them all to many) I noticed a few people talking about fee for his autograph @ 45quid, this is cheaper than purchasing direct from Mr. Lee if you visit his website you will notice he charges 49.99 granted its only a few pounds difference but its still cheaper!

Also just a quick random question has the forum been down? For the past two days I have been trying to enter it and my screen just says error?

I hope everyone going has a great day

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Showmasters Admin

It has been down,

Just a quick question did we ever find out about personalistions??? Or Dracula stuff?

JA

No and No.

Although another organiser who has worked with him before has said he definitely would not do Dracula stuff when working with him only a short while ago. And can't imagine he's changed his mind.

Trust me , the talk will be worth the 15quid.

At another event he did the talk was the most fascinating talk I've been too at any convention / event ever.

The man is truly a legend.

I would pay 45q no questions asked, but once in a lifetime?

We were told at the previous event , that that would be the only event he was ever appearing at where he would sign personal items? Yeh, he is getting old, but its possible he'll be back for Showmasters or whoever.

The other event the price was 30q an autograph, he signed 400 a day, where you had to have a sticker of authenticity on the signed item to prove it was real later on. I expect the same will be true of this event.

I guess we were lucky, the event wasn't that well publicised and there were extra autographs available should you have wanted them

Good luck to you all, he is a gent and such a great man. ( dont envy you having to decide between what to get signed though - I got my star wars monopoly and a Saruman 8x10)

Just a couple of points:

- Christopher Lee is an excellent guest

- He doesn't sign Dracula because of a legal dispute, from memory I think it was do with copyright and the image, he said this himself at an event last year.

- £45 is a little on the steep side

- I have had the fortune of meeting Christopher before in person, and already have signed the following items:

Signed copy of his autobiography

Signed 10 x 8 as Scaramanga from The Man with the Golden Gun

Signed 10 x 8 as Lord Summerisle from The Wicker Man

Signed 10 x 8 as Count Dooku from Star Wars

Signed 10 x 8 as Frankenstein

Signed 10 x 8 as Saruman from LORT

Signed DVD Box set of Return of the King

I won't be taking up this opportunity, but for those who haven't met him, this is a chance not to miss.

Even though £45 is tres expensive, it's not the end of the world and even if you don't think he's a legend or whatever it is a good investment!

In a few years, especially as I gather that he doesn't sign much anymore, it's gonna be tripple that price and if u really hate it u can sell it....

Of course I am only saying this to convince myself that he is worth the pay because even though i loooooooooove lord of the rings and thing CL is a master at his work, I don't have the money... I'll be taken a loan out with my parents!

I was going to get Maggie Grace's but she's dropped out of Sat and I suppose I can sacrifice "Hurley" for CL. I love Lost and that and if it was the doc or Sawyer (yummmm) it'd be a different story entirely...

And if it was Dominic Monaghan I'd sell my body to meet him =P

Anyways, at the end of the day, tis a name from some old man on a piece o paper...yeah right!!

Xx

I would pay 45q no questions asked, but once in a lifetime?

We were told at the previous event , that that would be the only event he was ever appearing at where he would sign personal items? Yeh, he is getting old, but its possible he'll be back for Showmasters or whoever.

he might not. we can hope, but truthfully? if we have to pay £45 if he comes back again, there are a lot of ppl who'll decide once is enough to part with that money. plus, anyone can die any day, especially when aged - and he's aged. i hope he lasts a long while yet, but honestly, even if this isn't his last show, its gonna be one of his last shows. he doesn't have the stamina of the younger guests, if nothing else.

The other event the price was 30q an autograph, he signed 400 a day, where you had to have a sticker of authenticity on the signed item to prove it was real later on. I expect the same will be true of this event.

i've never seen SM have this before, for any guest, but then, they might have something this time. i'm guessing though it would mean additional arrangements, and since the announcement itself is made so close to the time, additional arrangements may be very difficult to make.

Just a couple of points:

- He doesn't sign Dracula because of a legal dispute, from memory I think it was do with copyright and the image, he said this himself at an event last year.

- I have had the fortune of meeting Christopher before in person, and already have signed the following items:

I won't be taking up this opportunity, but for those who haven't met him, this is a chance not to miss.

and i thought ur nathan fillion obsession was bad tsk tsk Jon u so totally Chris Lee's Bitch

Edited by a2k

Still no news from MSPG if they are taking orders for him, guess its to late :P(

the day before, i'd guess it is - they probably need to be down to assist SM, sort out when preorders will be signed, et cetera.

plus, they couldn't be sure at this point that any given payment will definitely go through, i'm afraid - this morning, maybe, but there's less than 4 hours to the end of the business day, so i think it can be assumed that no, they're not accepting them :o

i've never seen SM have this before, for any guest, but then, they might have something this time. i'm guessing though it would mean additional arrangements, and since the announcement itself is made so close to the time, additional arrangements may be very difficult to make.

The sticker of authenticity was Mr Lee's personal people. It had nothing to do with the organisers of the event(s).

and it seems I can't quote properly! Sorry :o

The sticker of authenticity was Mr Lee's personal people. It had nothing to do with the organisers of the event(s).

and it seems I can't quote properly! Sorry :o

then in that case, they may well do :P

and its just take out the first slash you had in, like

[ quote ] (to open)

[ / quote ] (to close)

Edited by Keeper

Just a couple of points:

and i thought ur nathan fillion obsession was bad tsk tsk Jon u so totally Chris Lee's Bitch

It all pails into comparison compared to Summer Glau, I've got about 20 of her !