LATEST GUEST ANNOUNCEMENT: Christopher Lee

:o:eek::o:o:o:o:o:o:o

OH MY GOODNESS! There's someone I thought you would NEVER get! There's no way I can afford to meet him and I don't even think we are going on the Saturday but Kudos to SM for getting such a fab guest!!!!! *hi fives*

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So the questions that need to be answered.

If i have a kiddy with me, can we both go up. (or will there be a kiddie park area there)

Can kids buy their own Autograph, or will they not be allowed up in the queue?

Will there be Dracula photos that he is signing?

Or just a nice head shot?

you dont remember him in bond?? He is the man with the golden gun!!!

Maybe showing my age but almost anyone in this country over 25 would know who he is!

Im 23 :o

Havnt seen the older bond films for months, but even looking at the photos of him in it, I have a slight inkling of him in one, but otherwise honistly dont remember him or his role!

If i have a kiddy with me, can we both go up. (or will there be a kiddie park area there)

presumably, the answer would be yes - if both of you have your own VT ticket.

can't see a reason not to allow them, but to provide an area for kids to wait... there's a lot of regulations to adhere to, and training of staff et cetera. hard to do everything in the last few days.

there might be leeway, i dunno. but i can't see it bein the case if its summat mr lee has requested himself, that theres only one auto per person

Why would a kiddie need a VT. SM would surely understand the situation and allow the kid to go up with the parent, but only the parent has the autograph. Making the kid also have a VT could stop others getting an auto if they go so high, especially as the VT's for the kids wont be being used.

But then, will SM count Kids as a full person? If so they can get and auto if you are buying two, but if you are only after one............ Only people that are after an autograph can queue.

i'm guessing the answer is yes, they will count as equal to 'adult' (i won't say full person, because a kid is still human :eek::o )

but in the case of being after 1 auto... i honestly don't know.

from the FAQ:

Can I go up with my friend/partner/child to see the guest, I'm not getting an autograph?

The answer is yes. But please be aware that if it is not an open queue you WILL need your own VT. Without a VT you will not be allowed to join the queue with your friend/partner/child. They are free so please make sure you take one when your friend/partner does. This does also apply to adults accompanying children.

Why would a kiddie need a VT. SM would surely understand the situation and allow the kid to go up with the parent, but only the parent has the autograph. Making the kid also have a VT could stop others getting an auto if they go so high, especially as the VT's for the kids wont be being used.

the FAQ specifically says anyone going to a guest must have a VT:

Can I go up with my friend/partner/child to see the guest, I'm not getting an autograph?

The answer is yes. But please be aware that if it is not an open queue you WILL need your own VT. Without a VT you will not be allowed to join the queue with your friend/partner/child. They are free so please make sure you take one when your friend/partner does. This does also apply to adults accompanying children.

can't see a reason not to allow them, but to provide an area for kids to wait... there's a lot of regulations to adhere to, and training of staff et cetera. hard to do everything in the last few days.

not to mention ratios, a secure area, people with enhanced disclosures.......... sorry thats the nursery nurse in me talking LOL

not to mention ratios, a secure area, people with enhanced disclosures.......... sorry thats the nursery nurse in me talking LOL

and its good you know the stuff, vicky!! :o

it takes all sorts to gather the info :o:eek:

I love Christopher Lee, he's been my favourite actor since childhood but I can't afford to get him. That's not to say I don't think he's worth £45, he absolutely is! If I had it i wouldn't hesitate, similarily if I could go to the talk I would, that's a truly once in a lifetime opportunity. Lucky you to those who get to meet this great, great man. I've met him before so it's not the end of the world but damn I'd love to get my Lord Of The Rings book signed by him :o

As to the question about taking a child up with you I don't see what the alternative would be, you can hardly dump the wee one at the end of the queue while you wait to meet him. I'd assume they'd be fine with it as long it's not a family of four going up for a single auto for example.

and its good you know the stuff, vicky!! :dance:

it takes all sorts to gather the info :D:poki:

yep i know my stuff :P thats what a degree does for ya ^_^

Right, if im being thick tell me,

Ok Three of us want Christopher Lee's Auto, we all pay, this means three Autographs, yes, but does it mean we all can go up together???

JA

so long as you all have VT's and they're all due to go up, yes.

3 ppl

3VTs

3 autographs

all 3 vts are in the range to go up to the guest

leads to:

you can all go up together

hope thats helpful? :dance:

there might be leeway, i dunno. but i can't see it bein the case if its summat mr lee has requested himself, that theres only one auto per person

It's not the 'one auto per person' that's the problem, it's the bit at the end of this (from the the opening post in the thread)

Autographs are 1 PER PERSON ONLY, and you can only get into the autograph queue if you are buying an autograph.

That's slightly different from the normal VT rules, where you just need an additional VT as long as you're accompanying somebody getting an auto.

It's not the 'one auto per person' that's the problem, it's the bit at the end of this (from the the opening post in the thread)

Autographs are 1 PER PERSON ONLY, and you can only get into the autograph queue if you are buying an autograph.

That's slightly different from the normal VT rules, where you just need an additional VT as long as you're accompanying somebody getting an auto.

true, but in a way its simply tightening the VT rules - typically most ppl get VTs because they're getting an auto anyway, and some ppl will go up with a friend who's getting multiple autos.

its simply saying that, for Mr Lee, it is required for each VT that an auto is to be purchased as well.

Erm...

*picks self off floor*

...this is BLIMMING FANTASTIC!!!!!! :dance:

I'm gonna' have to forfeit some other guests to get him, but there is NO WAY on this Earth that I'm missing out on Christopher Lee! :poki:

I'm gonna' have to get there at stupid-o-clock to make sure too lol! ^_^

you dont remember him in bond?? He is the man with the golden gun!!!

Maybe showing my age but almost anyone in this country over 25 would know who he is!

Im 23 :huh:

Havnt seen the older bond films for months, but even looking at the photos of him in it, I have a slight inkling of him in one, but otherwise honistly dont remember him or his role!

Havnt seen the older Bond films in months? The film is called "The Man with the Golden Gun", he played, the man with the Golden Gun, he was the main character in it. Maybe you havnt seen it or something because if you have youd remember him.

Plus his role as Dracula is iconic and Saruman in LOTR is awesome too.

He is a highly respected actor amongst fans and professionals.

Erm...

*picks self off floor*

...this is BLIMMING FANTASTIC!!!!!! :unsure:

I'm gonna' have to forfeit some other guests to get him, but there is NO WAY on this Earth that I'm missing out on Christopher Lee! :lol:

I'm gonna' have to get there at stupid-o-clock to make sure too lol! :P

:D

Echoing Lee's post above and many others in saying WOW !

Yes my non-existent bank balance had a heart attack and I was sadly contemplating cutting back on the many Elijah's I'd love to get to one lol, but this definitely calls for a Plan B (whatever that is) :D

Congratulations on such an amazing guest, personally I've always loved him and with a huge respected varied iconic career like his, as much as £45 is higher than the norm he's worth that and so much more for me ...... the week-end's just gone superbly surreal :huh:

Edited by roxy

Well, that's my budget for the weekend now right out the window!!

This weekend I'm going to be spending more than I've ever spent at any SM event I've been to!!!

But It's Sir Christopher Lee, so well worth every penny of the £45!!

Well done SM - thats amazing!!! I met him last year and he was such a nice guy - V chatty and happy to talk about his films!

Cant believe Elijah and Chris Lee at the same event!!!

A great replacement for Richard Dreyfuss!!!

and as MAggie is going sun and im not - I can afford his auto (yey).

_although Maggie 4 C10 lol