LATEST GUEST ANNOUNCEMENT: Christopher Lee

I must admit to shrieking when I read who it was - I've been dying to meet CL for so long!!! ;) And then I saw the £45... :D Oh screw it, doubt I'll ever meet him again, pass the credit card... :P Any idea why it's so much though? For that money you'd be expecting a photo/song and dance routine from him, surely?? Ah well.

Has anyone met him before? It seems that he's quite strict when it comes to autographs etc judging by comments on here so far?

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a most unexpected addition and a great one - I do wish he was allowing more than one per person though.

How do you choose between Bond, LOTR, SW, Wicker Man, etc?

Nice problem though!

The one person I really want to sign my LotR book (he wasn't allowed when I met him), and now it can happen.... if I can work out if I can afford it or not.

The talk will be worth it, but you can't put the great man where you normally do talks, it's an injustice! He needs a theatre! I could listen to Mr Lee talk all day long, but I don't think I want to see him on a makeshift stage, with folding chairs (and walls). It just doesn't seem right.

There's me thinking I'll have a cheap LFCC with just Maggie.... no chance! :)

awesome guest.....but I think Dreyfuss was better....

maybe

at last he wasnt 45£ lol :YAHOO:

I would have gladly paid that for Dreyfuss!

I would have paid £45 for Dreyfuss but id pay £60 for Lee and some. Cant wait to meet him, see the talk, write the theme tune - sing the theme tune lol Amazing!

He is the best guest SM have ever announced in my opinion / bar maybe Buzz Aldrin. What a night! Im so happy! Telling everyone!

CANT WAIT!

Aspen our drinks on Sat will have to be whisky! :D

I dont see what all the fuss is about the guy..when my friend texts me the announcement I couldnt even think of who he was heh other than "that evil wizard guy from LOTR" but seeing this thread now oh yeah Count Dooku..

Still wont be seeing him though, while I like LOTR and Star wars, never been much if a fan so to speak..for £45..ouch! And there was me saying £20 for the LOST guests is a lot :D

Dont remember him in Bond and dont think ive seen him in anything else.. :YAHOO:

maybe

at last he wasnt 45£ lol :dance:

I would have paid £45 for Dreyfuss but id pay £60 for Lee and some. Cant wait to meet him, see the talk, write the theme tune - sing the theme tune lol Amazing!

He is the best guest SM have ever announced in my opinion / bar maybe Buzz Aldrin. What a night! Im so happy! Telling everyone!

CANT WAIT!

Aspen our drinks on Sat will have to be whisky! :D

must say, i'd pay the gold pass if i had the cash - just for mr lee.

and here was me thinkin you were a bit daft havin it!!! :clap::YAHOO:

Great guest , can't afford it personally - already met him and got him to sign my Lord Of The Rings posters , and what fun asking him to sign the 3rd film , which apparently he wasn't in :D

And the REAL reason that he doesn't sign Dracula photos is that he didn't like people turning up in capes and with blood makeup at signings so he decided not to sign anymore .

PS If anybody wants someone to get an autograph , I'll gladly help out as I am not getting one myself .

just read the conditions can anyone else get one of my posters signed?

I can get it signed if you want , email at tansternant* on aol if you still need help :YAHOO:

And then I saw the £45.. Any idea why it's so much though?
Because he can.

This aint some up n' coming actor from some flavour of the month TV show but an iconic acting legend with a career spanning over 60 years with at least one signature role.

*throws up hands* I thought you said "amazing"? :P Don't get me wrong, he's a great actor, but I'm not really a fan.

Are you serious? Amazing is exactly what we got! :D

Completely and wholly serious. I'm not remotely interested.

• Moderators

*throws up hands* I thought you said "amazing"? :P Don't get me wrong, he's a great actor, but I'm not really a fan.

People can not be interested but still recognise that he is an extremely good guest to get, with a long and varied career, appealing to many fanbases etc etc =)

Edited by DavidB

People can not be interested but still recognise that he is an extremely good guest to get, with a long and varied career, appealing to many fanbases etc etc :smiling:

Never said he wasn't. I'm just not interested in meeting him. *shrugs* As I said before, with the recent cancellations the only guest I actually care about meeting now is Rachel Luttrell. :P

Autographs are 1 PER PERSON ONLY, and you can only get into the autograph queue if you are buying an autograph.

I really want to get this, but can't leave my young daughter on her own and don't think I can stretch to 2 autographs given the others we're getting. Is there any leeway on this at all? (Excuse the pun :D )

TFG

Autographs are 1 PER PERSON ONLY, and you can only get into the autograph queue if you are buying an autograph.

I really want to get this, but can't leave my young daughter on her own and don't think I can stretch to 2 autographs given the others we're getting. Is there any leeway on this at all? (Excuse the pun :P )

TFG

ooo i never even thuoght about that...thats a very fair comment and i would like to hope there may be a little bit of leeway on this :S (im not interested in meeting him but i do think its an achievement to get him as a guest!) but i wouldnt want to think that people had to miss out just because they have a child with them.........

I dont see what all the fuss is about the guy..when my friend texts me the announcement I couldnt even think of who he was heh other than "that evil wizard guy from LOTR" but seeing this thread now oh yeah Count Dooku..

Still wont be seeing him though, while I like LOTR and Star wars, never been much if a fan so to speak..for £45..ouch! And there was me saying £20 for the LOST guests is a lot :P

Dont remember him in Bond and dont think ive seen him in anything else.. ;)

you dont remember him in bond?? He is the man with the golden gun!!!

Maybe showing my age but almost anyone in this country over 25 would know who he is!

each to their own I guess but theres more happy people than not. :D

maybe

at last he wasnt 45£ lol :P

CANT WAIT!

Aspen our drinks on Sat will have to be whisky! ;)

must say, i'd pay the gold pass if i had the cash - just for mr lee.

and here was me thinkin you were a bit daft havin it!!! :P;)

im shocked at this announcement. Gold Pass seems better now. :P