Message from Showmasters

• Showmasters Admin

:yoda: We're back!

Yes we've finally (just!) recovered from C3, and work is already underway for C4.

We would still like to hear all your guest suggestions for the next and future Collectormania events, but we'd appreciate you listing them in the "Guest Suggestions" section. It make's it much easier to review the names listed and assess who would be potential guests for the future.

As with C3 we won't be naming names until the guests have definitely been confirmed. We're not doing this to wind anyone up, just to stop any confusion caused by the many rumours which seem to spring up! The first few guests will be listed on our main Collectormania website as soon as we have firm details

http://www.collectormania.com

We will also be letting everyone on the forum know as soon possible, too.

I will be starting on the daunting task of "spring cleaning" the entire Showmastersonline and Collectormania websites in the next few weeks. Unfortunately the work may cause some disruption to the site and possibly the forum as well. I will try to keep any disruption to a minimum but if you find any broken links or empty pages please bear with me and try again in a day or so.

Finally, a big THANK YOU to everyone who supported us by attending C3. I hope to see you all at C4 (and thanks to Jason for coming up with a great tag line for the next event!).

yeah thank you sooooooo mnuch lol i know i have said this like hundreds of times but thank you so much for inviting tom felton it was really great to meet him even though i didnt actually say much which is y id like to meet him again so i mite actually talk this time lol. anyway yeah i was also wonderin abou how to work for u ill be nearly 16 in october (my bday is earlyish november) and im guessin there is prob no chance of me being able to work for u but id really like to help out at some point like c5 or whateva. anyway thanks again sooo much it was really excellent n i hope u all have had a well deserved break!! :)

Just an observation from someone who has helped at events like this (including C3). Its harder work than you'd think. Also people who do help, actually miss the event. You can't spend all day controlling an autograph line and simultaneously meeting and greeting with the guests. I've found out far more about what went on at C3 from reading posts on the forum that I did being there working, and I was there three days. :headscratch:

Just an observation from someone who has helped at events like this (including C3). Its harder work than you'd think. Also people who do help, actually miss the event. You can't spend all day controlling an autograph line and simultaneously meeting and greeting with the guests. I've found out far more about what went on at C3 from reading posts on the forum that I did being there working, and I was there three days. :blush:

hmm.. ur rite u prob do miss alot of wot goes on.. oh well i still wunt mind.. lol. wot did ya av 2 do?

caz

xx

hmm.. ur rite u prob do miss alot of wot goes on.. oh well i still wunt mind.. lol. wot did ya av 2 do?

caz

xx

Well there are basically three roles for the workers, unlike Jason and Mark who just swan around doing nothing (Jason I'm kidding - he knows where I live so I have to be nice to him).

Queue management, that's the nic people you hand out the queue tickets and let in the next batch of 0 for the signings.

Photo sales, which is the people sitting at desks looking after the photos and giving you the tickets saying how many autographs you get.

Autograph management, which is the people sitting by the guest checking the tickets, making sure items are the right way up, the guest has the correct colour pen, and (something I seemed to spend a of of time doing) taking people's cameras so you can take of phot of the person with the guest.

For those looking to get close to the guests, helping out ISN'T the best way to do it, Showmasters can need two queue managers and one or two photo people per guest which means only one in four/five helpers gets to be by a guest, and even those people don't get to really chat to the guest. The guest is spending their time talking to the people in the autograph line (which is what you'd expect) so at the end of the day you may not even have shared more than a few words about pens with the guest. The people working the queue and photo tables don't get any time with guests. Don't get me wrong it can be fun. But this isn't the glamorous job some people think it is.

wahey! im really excited about c4 ;)

i went to c3 and it rocked! one question, who was the guy that was at the c3 info desk? was it mark? .. hjehe! if it was, and if he sees this then i just want to say:

THANKYOU!!! ... ok, hehe, sorry.. its just that he was kind enough to look after mine and my sisters (heavy) bags for nearly all of monday :P so yeah, and he was nice all weekend basically (yes peoples, he deserves a raise :lol: )

anyhwo!! once again!! i cant wait till c4 :P

Hi Moondust_1987,

I´m the one who was managing Billy´s que on the saturday. I was wearing a blue denim jacket and blue sunglasses. Hopefully you´re the one I remember ;) .

Alert Alert this is not a drill.... I repeat this is not a drill...

"COMPLETE AND TOTAL WIND-UP IMMINENT"

If you´re the one I mean, you were there with a group of friends. I took your group aside, talked to you for a little while, and then you came back to Billy´s que after about 10 minutes. We then talked for a short while after you had seen Billy. It would be fun to talk to you again if you´re the one I mean, otherwise don´t worry about it :yoda: .