LATEST GUEST ANNOUNCEMENT - Staz Johnson

• Showmasters Admin

We are pleased to announce our latest guest for London Film and Comic Con:

Staz Johnson: A native Yorkshireman, Staz (aka Stewart Johnson) began freelancing in 1986, firstly for the UK RPG market, before graduating onto comics, working for British publishers Fleetway and Marvel UK.

In 1993, following a 2 year sojourn in the world of advertising, he returned to comics, this time for the 'big two' American publishers DC Comics & Marvel Comics, for whom he continues to work to this day.

Among others he has worked on: SPIDER-MAN, BATMAN, X-MEN, WOLVERINE, CATWOMAN,ROBIN, AVENGERS, CABLE/DEADPOOL & FANTASTIC FOUR

He is currently contracted exclusively to Marvel comics.

dc11.jpg

dc13.jpg

marvel8.jpg

2000ad2.jpg

2000ad14.jpg

misc9.jpg

misc15.jpg

never been a fan of staz johnson-he's one of those artists who floats around in the background doing consistent art but never grabbing the limelight like adam hughes or alex ross.

checked out his website and i have to say,he should land a gig like 'the ultimates' or 'jla'.

a big name title to give him the exposure he deserves.

looking forward to meeting him.

Hi everybody,

Seeing as how I've been announced now, I thought I'd drop by the forums & introduce myself. I dare say if you're reading this, then you've probably read the biog blurb at the head of the thread, if anyone has any questions about specific comic issues I have drawn I'll do my best to answer them.

I'll be at the show Saturday & Sunday, signing, sketching & selling original pages of comic book artwork. My charges for sketches are:- £5 for a headshot, £10 for full figure, I don't make any price differentiation between pencil sketches or ink sketches. Below are a couple of examples of what you might expect to get for your money.

1151098790-cat-sketch.jpg

1151099650-con-sketch.jpg

Look forward to seeing you all at the show.

Edited by Staz Johnson

do you (or will you)sketch star wars characters as i love your artwork and would love to add a piece to my collection also can you do it in trading card size as thats what i mainly collect thanks :dance:

Imperial Stormtroopers are also noe of my default character sketches...will that do?

Where abouts in Yorkshire are you from Staz

I'm in Wakefield...why (sounds worried) you're not a stalker are you?

No just a Yorkshireman myself I'm near Last of the Summer Wine Country

do you (or will you)sketch star wars characters as i love your artwork and would love to add a piece to my collection also can you do it in trading card size as thats what i mainly collect thanks :thumbup:

Imperial Stormtroopers are also noe of my default character sketches...will that do?

yep that'll be lovely thanks very much for replying any chance of sketch/trading card size?

do you (or will you)sketch star wars characters as i love your artwork and would love to add a piece to my collection also can you do it in trading card size as thats what i mainly collect thanks :thumbup:

yep that'll be lovely thanks very much for replying any chance of sketch/trading card size?

No worries, so long as you can provide either a blank card, or artboard the right size.

really looking forward to meeting you on sat

big comic book fan

is possible to have a bit more detail of which marvel comic you have been a part of

i think from what i read that u have done some of the new xmen acadamy x and is it the upcoming cable deadpool issues?

many thanks

really looking forward to meeting you on sat

big comic book fan

is possible to have a bit more detail of which marvel comic you have been a part of

i think from what i read that u have done some of the new xmen acadamy x and is it the upcoming cable deadpool issues?

many thanks

It would be difficult to list every Marvel comic I have drawn, however here are a few which should be fairly easy to track down, either before the show or on the day.

Peter Parker: Spider-Man #36

Spider-Man/Doctor Octopus: Negative Exposure (mini-series, also available as a tradepaperback)

Underworld (mini-series)

Spider-Man 2 Movie adaptation

New X-Men: Academy X #3 & #4

The Cable/Deadpool issues won't be available before the show.

For DC,

Batman/Aliens 2 (prestige format mini-series, also available as a tradepaperback)

Robin most issues between #32 & #71

Catwoman most issues between #78 & #94

Detective Comics #689-#694

I had a check with future solicitations and found that you are doing the CIVIL WAR tie-ins for Cable/Deadpool, I may have to ask you a couple of questions about that, so look forward to seeing you Saturday, Staz

I had a check with future solicitations and found that you are doing the CIVIL WAR tie-ins for Cable/Deadpool, I may have to ask you a couple of questions about that, so look forward to seeing you Saturday, Staz

See you then mate,...but if you're hoping for a few juicy titbits about upcoming plots in C/D, you're out of luck, I'm just the pencil jockey, Marvel tell me nothing :blush: