Guest Type Request

Never been to an Autographica so far (although several CMs and LFACCs), but one thing is almost guaranteed to get me there next time - a rock music guest. I'm talking people like (and I fully recognise some of these are just *never* going to happen! :thumbup: ) : =

Axl Rose / Slash

Jimmy Page / Robert Plant

Bruce Springsteen

Brian May

Anyone from Iron Maiden (particularly Bruce Dickinson!)

Billy Gibbons / Dusty Hill (from ZZ Top! 'ave it!)

Anyone from Deep Purple

Or people 'of that ilk' - particularly anyone affilated with 70s rock. Any chances? How would everyone else feel about this sort of guest?

Sounds like a great idea.

Pete Best has been to Autographica a couple of times.

And Peter Tork from the Monkees has signed at other events.

Other Music related peeps have appeared as well at record fairs and signed, so I don't see why not.

Perhaps tie it in ala Common Rotation, and they can sign in the day and perform a bit at night as well.

Perhaps tie it in ala Common Rotation, and they can sign in the day and perform a bit at night as well.

Sorry GG , Common Rotation couldn't perform on THE day , ANY day , or THE ONE AND ONLY FINAL day - if they didn't meet their makers , I think I would be happy to :firedevil:

I am up for meeting Musicians though , maybe Lordi ;) or REAL musicians that act , ie Kate Bush ( have you seen the Cloudbursting video - we could bring her dad Donald Sutherland over for a re-union ) , David Bowie , David Byrne , or other Musicians who have turned into DECENT actors . :o

Edited by jesterrace

Kate Bush would be a coup beyond coups - but I can't see it happening - she doesn't do much in the way of public appearances anymore! Eddie Van Halen would be fantastic :headscratch:

Seriously I think this sort of thing would generate a lot of revenue - imagine the Queue for someone like EVH or Brian May!

Anyone from Iron Maiden (particularly Bruce Dickinson!)

I like your thinking there.

I am up for meeting Musicians though , maybe Lordi :D

So now Everyone is a Lordi fan.. Im up for it, got stuff from 2 years ago I stilll want sgned so I love them.. But it may be hard, as they never take their costumes off in public, when people know who they are..

Alex

So now Everyone is a Lordi fan.. Im up for it, got stuff from 2 years ago I stilll want sgned so I love them.. But it may be hard, as they never take their costumes off in public, when people know who they are..

They did a signing in Virgin several weeks back.

I am up for meeting Musicians though , maybe Lordi ;)

Alex

Saw Lordi at a Death Metal Festival in Finland a few years ago , when they were a band , not a spite ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry GG , Common Rotation couldn't perform on THE day , ANY day , or THE ONE AND ONLY FINAL day - if they didn't meet their makers , I think I would be happy to :firedevil:

I think you misread my post, I wasn't suggesting Common Rotation themselves, but rather an act that signs during the day and then plays in the evening, as Common Rotation have done before at events.

I was just using them of an example of how it could be done, not advocating they are at the event, although personally I did quite enjoy them.

• 2 months later...