Are you interested in meeting the Glamour Models?

nicky

Are you interested in meeting the Glamour Models?  

124 members have voted

1. 1. Are you interested in meeting the Glamour Models?

• Yes
    • No

is this thread still on the go...

Can we now put it to sleep and agree to disagree on the merits of having models at LFCC? Alright they were announced by SM, but it clearly stated that they were guests on a dealers stall.

I realize they're not everyone's cup of tea, but I'm curious what would happen if a Chippendale was ever to attend as a guest on a stall for some reason?

Would the female posters in this topic be up in arms about that as well?

Just because they are there, does not mean that they will be using 'in your face' advertising.

But suspect that, alot of females will be too busy Q'ing for Elijah Wood, to worry about 2 models over the weekend!!

SM will surely have given the dealer, some guidelines in approp dress, will they not?

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quite rightly so-nobody nows what these chicks are gonna be wearing...
They'll be in normal clothes and not in bikinis etc. Models have done cons before in the UK that I've seen and they are dressed appropriately.

I'm not going to LFaCC, but if I was I reckon I'd probably go and meet them. I've never heard of either of them, but they're gorgeous! :D And before you ask, I'm female and straight!

I really don't understand why people are getting so worked up about this. So what if they haven't done anything memorable in film or television? There's plenty of guests that attend these shows who many would argue haven't done anything very important in the entertainment industry.

Let the boys be boys and have their opportunity to perv. It's not going to hurt anyone, and I don't see why the females are complaining. It's not as if there's not going to be any eye candy for you there! ;)

Anyway, there's no use complaining about it because it's not going to change matters! You'll just end up getting yourself more worked up about it, for no reason at all.

As people have already said - if you don't have any interest in meeting them, then don't meet them. :D

Edited by Bling Fling

lol lots of people getting worked up about this! Personally I don't have any interest in them (as guests I mean, yes they're fit I don't argue that). But different people want to meet different types of guests, and that's fine. After all we're not talking about don't read, mods please delete stars here. If Jason was setting up a S&M style dungeon here that would be one thing, but we're just talking about a couple of glamour models for pitys sake.

To reiterate, I don't have much interest in them, but what exactly are the arguments against? How is it going to corrupt kids? They're not going to be sitting there in push up bras and a G-String. If a kid asks who they are, the answer is, 'they're models', simple as that. As someone pointed out, there will be cosplayers there wandering around in far more revealing outfits.

If you're the sort of person who is going to get worried about your kids being corrupted by some women wandering around in revealing outfits, do you stop your kids watching Return Of The Jedi because of Leias bikini?

They're not going to be sitting there in push up bras
I don't think they need push-up bras (o)(o)....!

hey I've got 36G breasts and I've been on the telly so how come I'm not getting paid to be there? I qualify surely?
Are you a Z list celeb and model?

try explaining to 5 year old what these women are there for...
They gotta learn about the big, bad world sometime...let alone the birds and the bees!!! Edited by nicky

hey I've got 36G breasts and I've been on the telly so how come I'm not getting paid to be there? I qualify surely?

At CM9 I saw quite a few people with 36G breasts waiting in the queues.

Sadly, they were blokes, and had simply ate one too many blueberry pies.

try explaining to 5 year old what these women are there for...

Well I would say you simply say to little Johnny or whatever 'they're here because they're pretty and some people like them'. There's no need to lie, and that's the truth as far as it goes. As I said I'm sure they're not going to be walking around in hotpants and tassles, and whatever pictures they will have aren't going to be showing anything you wouldn't see on a beach on a hot day.

Autographica, Collectormania and the LFCC have all had female guests that have appeared before in Playboy or similar in the past.

These two guests are at the event specifically in relation to the artist Duncan Gutteridge who amongst other things, paints Fantasy Art.

Fantasy Art sits within a Comic Convention, in fact whilst it may surprise some of the more prudish members of the board, you only have to go into Forbidden Plant, or similar comic shops and amongst Batman, X-Men etc, there are plenty of Adult comics. Some are adult because of violence or swearing and others because of nudity and yes, sometimes more.

If you feel offended by this, then no one is forcing you to buy anything from them or walk past them, so don't. If as someone said before, you happen to walk by them by accident, and your small child asks who they are, just say they are models, simple as that !

They are additional guests and have not stopped any other guests attending.

There is room enough for all the guests, and all the tastes and interests, so lets try and be a bit more welcoming to all the guests that attend, whether you are interested in them or not.

Autographica, Collectormania and the LFCC have all had female guests that have appeared before in Playboy or similar in the past.

Charisma Carpenter was fresh off a Playboy spread at the last LFACC, as far as I recall.

Sadly, no Playboy / SM appearances combos from Jeri Ryan as yet.

Edited by MikeDonovan

They are additional guests and have not stopped any other guests attending
I think some people are disappointed as it was a bit of an anti-climax...esp this close to the event and after Dreyfuss and Flannery cancelled to then annouce these two models. Edited by nicky

Didn't we have a couple of models from the fetish scene at the last London event.....don't remember such a fuss being made over them being there....each to their own....if a stall holder wants to invite these model,thats ok by me....

I feel that these sort of guests should not be at a Family orientated event, I know that to some this may make me a prude but you try explaining to 5 year old what these women are there for and what films/programmes they have been in!

Susannah

its quite simple really.....just say there glamour models....nothing dirty in that....besides do you really think there going to be standing around topless.....

Edited by Dr Evil

I realize they're not everyone's cup of tea, but I'm curious what would happen if a Chippendale was ever to attend as a guest on a stall for some reason?

Would the female posters in this topic be up in arms about that as well?

I sure as hell would be! I'm far more interested in meeting Torri than in watching an idiot in shorts ponce around thinking he's god's gift to women.

Men like that make me so very happy to be lesbian. :thumbup:

Look, I think the bottom line here is that, if Jeri Ryan wants to come to an SM event dressed in a crop top and a G String and charge £75 for a posed photo, we're all going to be in the queue.

So, Jason, over to you. :o

Yes please! ;)

I'm curious if a Chippendale was to attend as a guest would the female posters in this topic be up in arms about that as well?
I don't think that's the complaint they (I've only counted 1 or 2) have...I think it's more cos they aren't seen as guest worthy of a con like this and the space they are taking up on the guest list should be taken up by proper film/tv/comic stars. This is just a theory, so don't be breaking my balls. Edited by nicky

• Moderators
I'm curious if a Chippendale was to attend as a guest would the female posters in this topic be up in arms about that as well?
I don't think that's the complaint they (I've only counted 1 or 2) have...I think it's more cos they aren't seen as guest worthy of a con like this and the space they are taking up on the guest list should be taken up by proper film/tv/comic stars. This is just a theory, so don't be breaking my balls.

Yet most people realise that these models aren't "taking up the space" of ANYONE. They're not stopping Showmasters from getting anyone else. So it's a completely pointless argument and not worth putting across.

• Moderators

Oh there's so many things I want to say but know I'll get lynched by any number of groups on here if I say them. :P I hope they have an enjoyable day just like any of the other guests.

Oh go on! :P Everyone else says stuff regardless of lynching :P:wub:

Oh there's so many things I want to say but know I'll get lynched by any number of groups on here if I say them. :YAHOO: I hope they have an enjoyable day just like any of the other guests.

Oh go on! :dance: Everyone else says stuff regardless of lynching :dance::poki:

hell yeah, we speak out!! :dance:

*runs from mob*

I am not interseted in meeting them but I certainly have NO problem with them being there.

As others have said its not like SMs are going to turn round to a big name actor and say oh sorry you can't come cause we've got 2 glamor models insted!

And as far as worriying about the kids thing goes just calm down! As mentioned by others there are cosplay people wearing less clothes / more revealing outfits than the models. If hte kid does ask just say that they are models and then point out something interesting in the other direction. Im sure the kid will be far more interested in looking at a Star Wars figurine than some woman they have never heard of before!

:poki: