Guest Cancellation -

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you mean she's already in london waiting for the event?!

No, when they said "she's already here" they meant she's in SM's office, re-doing the coffee rota...

:wub:

Seems to me that Carrie and Elijah are reliable guests. Almost seems like regardless of external committment they will attend if theyve given their word. Unlike some.................grrrrrr <_<

Cut the man some slack. Elijah is probably at a place in his career where he can tell people to wait a few days before they start, or that he's taking a few days off mid-way through. I would doubt Dreyfus has that power any more (if he ever had it). Difficult for him to turn down possibly several months work for a weekend gig.

(As has been mentioned before, Carrie doesn't have a career as such, she does pretty much what she wants when she wants).

No, when they said "she's already here" they meant she's in SM's office, re-doing the coffee rota...

:P

Most importantly she'll be sat there with a piece of paper checking all the sharpies work. :D

:(

Seems to me that Carrie and Elijah are reliable guests. Almost seems like regardless of external committment they will attend if theyve given their word. Unlike some.................grrrrrr :wub:

Cut the man some slack. Elijah is probably at a place in his career where he can tell people to wait a few days before they start, or that he's taking a few days off mid-way through. I would doubt Dreyfus has that power any more (if he ever had it). Difficult for him to turn down possibly several months work for a weekend gig.

(As has been mentioned before, Carrie doesn't have a career as such, she does pretty much what she wants when she wants).

sorry dude but if you commit then 2 days isnt going to make or break a film production. He could have turned up for half a day or something......anything. Oh well not to worry, forget about it, just hope we can get a replacement in. Elijah is in a different place to him your right, hes in demand more these days............

Edited by rich5wolves

:D

Seems to me that Carrie and Elijah are reliable guests. Almost seems like regardless of external committment they will attend if theyve given their word. Unlike some.................grrrrrr :o

sorry dude but if you commit then 2 days isnt going to make or break a film production. He could have turned up for half a day or something......anything. Oh well not to worry, forget about it, just hope we can get a replacement in. Elijah is in a different place to him your right, hes in demand more these days............

it won't make or break a production, but it COULD seriously harm the possibility of him gettin gsuch work in the future. who knows? he might even have to drp to shatner's level... ^_^

:D

Seems to me that Carrie and Elijah are reliable guests. Almost seems like regardless of external committment they will attend if theyve given their word. Unlike some.................grrrrrr :D

it won't make or break a production, but it COULD seriously harm the possibility of him gettin gsuch work in the future. who knows? he might even have to drp to shatner's level... :o

Cant really say much, not SM's fault, just gutted.

On the plus side, maybe Reynolds is coming back?!! ^_^ (can u tell im dying to meet him too!)

Seems to me that Carrie and Elijah are reliable guests. Almost seems like regardless of external committment they will attend if theyve given their word. Unlike some.................grrrrrr :unsure:

Yes, Elijah as a big star has a lot of scope for making those sort of demands. Dreyfus doesn't. For a start, assuming he's working in Hollywood, his minimum time from film set to LFCC is 15 hours, given check-in times, immigration and customs etc. That makes a 30 hour round-trip in travel times alone. And believe me, especially at his age, he can't come straight from work there, straight to LFCC and straight back to work again. He's probably going to need at very least a half day break to catch up on some quality sleep, and get over the worst of the jetlag etc. If you want him for a day at LFCC, then realistically he's going to be unavailable for filming for 4 days. 4 days might not break a film schedule, but he's likely to be a supporting cast member. Which means as director if you let one supporting actor have a few days off, you've pretty much got to let any other similar members of the cast off if they want/need a break. You can easily lose 2 or 3 weeks shooting that way, even if you do rejig the shooting sequence. So it's easier for directors and producers just to say that nobody can have time off.

It's a bit like an orchestral performance. Sure, they will make allowances for the soloist, and change the schedule. But if the first violin can't make it, they'll just can the guy, get a different first violinist, and leave the original guy out of work because he can't be there for the job.

Edited by TommyT

Regarding worries about Elijah and Carrie attending:

Spoke to Elijah the other day, he's cool. Carrie's already here.

I love you for that remark - even if you are not a hot brazilian female model. :P

As for Elijah Wood, then he may be more in demand now a days than Richard Dreyfuss. But in my oppinion Elijah has still to top several of the parts Dreyfuss has played in his career.

It is too bad Dreyfuss isn't coming, but these things happen it is just something we have to live with, though I, as many other, had been looking forward to meeting him.

I hope and trust Showmasters will do whatever they can to replace him with someone who is as big a name as Dreyfuss.

You know the feeling when you're watching Deal or No Deal, and the 250k is opened ? .........

Haha, couldn't have put it better myself! Dreyfuss was the guest I was most looking forward to meeting! Hope he signs some other time...

I suppose I should be happy really considering I'm moving soon and it's costing me a lot of money! I'm gonna' TRY and look on the positive :P

This pretty much changes everything for me as I was going to stay away Friday night and get up early Saturday to make sure I got a VT for him but now I guess I can cancel the hotel and just come up Saturday morning as the others guests I want to meet wont be super busy.

thinking of doing that myself, was due to stay 2 nights in Ibis but may cancel one of them. I still want Elijah and Carrie but have a gold pass for that so may just do one day now.

Am gutted Richard has cancelled...but I'm not totally surprised tbh.

Oh well...maybe SM will replace Richard with someone like Viggo Mortensen.

Now that's wot I call a kewl guest...plus it would be a late birthday gift for me!

*grins ever so innocently*

:o:angel::o:wub:

Am gutted Richard has cancelled...but I'm not totally surprised tbh.

Oh well...maybe SM will replace Richard with someone like Viggo Mortensen.

Now that's wot I call a kewl guest...plus it would be a late birthday gift for me!

*grins ever so innocently*

:o:P:D:firedevil:

*also grins in SM's general direction* :P

One thing you learn after years of doing these events, is never bank on anyone being there, until you actually turn up and see they have arrived.

I was really looking forward to meeting Richard, but any bigger guest, due to their status is always more likely to cancel , because they will have many possible projects on the go.

Lets hope they can re-schedule Richard in the future, and no doubt there are plenty of other guests / merchandise we can all spend our cash on .

One thing you learn after years of doing these events, is never bank on anyone being there, until you actually turn up and see they have arrived.

I was really looking forward to meeting Richard, but any bigger guest, due to their status is always more likely to cancel , because they will have many possible projects on the go.

Lets hope they can re-schedule Richard in the future, and no doubt there are plenty of other guests / merchandise we can all spend our cash on .

I was banking on him yes, and maybe that was foolish. In future I wont be getting a Gold Pass because of this. If I wait till the last minute they are no longer for sale and if I get one in advance then guests may cancel. (as in Dreyfuss) So I cant base my Gold Pass on anything firm. I would get one if there were 5 or 6 bigger guests as the likelyhood they will all cancel is low and therefore I would probably still go for it. Having said that i stand by my purchase for this event as Elijah and Carrie are gonna be busy and indeed queue factors is well worth it, even just getting in is easier. Theres still time to replace Dreyfuss with Burt anyway ;) (BBBC FOREVER)

Im lucky in one way that there is Carrie and Elijah who I want to meet and indeed a few other smaller guests but all in all Dreyfuss was the wow factor for me. Im still getting 6 autos. ;)