LATEST GUEST ANNOUNCEMENT - Andie Tong

I have seen your art work. Im looking forward to hopefuly meeting you andie. :dance:

Your sketches of wolverine and the turtles are superb. :P

are you going to be there both days?

I really hope he's there Sunday actually are ya Andie? I really hope you are :P

Edited by Catmoo

Hi Andie,

ive seen Maul and Anakin on your web site, where can I see the other ones plz?:wub:

ok, dude, lemme see if i can dig some up. they would be ancient tho and my styles have changed slightly. but the essentials are still there. i'll get back to u in a tick.

thanks Andie! U can upload them here if u need:

ftp://upload:upload@mmathab.dyndns.org

I remember u were featured on JediNet.com :)

I must admit, that I haven't heard about you before, but then again I am not really in to comics.

However I am sure that many others know who you are, and even if they don't, then I am sure many would jump at the chance of getting a personal sketch.

I am sure that it is just a miss by the webmaster, when the site was updated last time.

no surprises there. :) i'm sure even if u were into comics, u wouldn't have heard of me. i've done mainly indy stuff. only recently landing me spidey uk. :D

I have seen your art work. Im looking forward to hopefuly meeting you andie. :dance:

Your sketches of wolverine and the turtles are superb. :YAHOO:

are you going to be there both days?

yep, def will be there both days! :)

I really hope he's there Sunday actually are ya Andie? I really hope you are :thumbup:

yep. see u then.

ahh yes. good ol' jedinet. i haven't submitted stuff to them in ages, so whatever u see there would be ancient. i haven't forgotten. will still upload somemore star wars stuff in a tick

Hi Andie, I was thinking of asking for either a Supergirl sketch or a Sara Pezzini as Witchblade. Would you be happy to sketch either of those?

Graytone

yep, i've sketched both before. :) should be cool. but if u wanna be sure, bring some reference. that's just my disclosure so i don't get sued if i don't get it perfectly right. :)

Edited by andie

Don't know what it is with me and questions lately, but here's another

Do ya just ask the comic artist, whichever one to do you a sketch, and how much?

that is infact two questions

JA

no probs with the questions, mate. :) yep, just ask the artist.... i've actually got info on that on the 10th post of this thread. just head to page 1, but here's a copy and paste of the post below.

--

hey everyone, i've just been pointed out that i've been announced so i'll try and clarify some prices, etc....

no, i won't be charging for autographs... (unless of course u come to me with 300 books to sign) :) then i'll have to have some charge... heh...

prices are as follows

head to chest sketch is £5.00, but for £7.00 u get a free sketchbook.

7945.jpg

full body sketch is £10.00, but for £11.00 u get a free sketchbook

7946.jpg

sketchbook is £5.00, but for £7.00 u get a free head to chest sketch OR for £11.00 a full body sketch

7948.jpg

7949.jpg

i won't be doing any £20 inked commissions unfortunately.

i can sketch anything u want as long as i remember it. sci fi, heroes, fantasy, you, whatever. i have a vast collection of characters in my head but worse case scenario is if i don't remember it, just show me a reference or borrow it from a retailer next door, so if u read this before the con, don't forget to bring a reference of your favourite character. also i won't have any envelopes or plastic sleeves for the finished artwork, so be prepared and bring some! :dance:

do come by to say hi tho if nothing else. :) i've got original artwork for sale (starting from a lowly low price of £1...say what??? yup, believe it), some limited comic books, and my port folio is free to view... and to buy if u're really, really interested. :)

look out for this sign below. depending on the set up of the show, it'll either be hanging on a backboard behind me or infront of the table i'll be sitting. thanks guys. hope to see u there!

7947.jpg

with multiple bodies, it'll unfortunately just be an add on cause as it is, convention sketches are waaay reduced from my normal commission prices. so for example, if u want 3 multiple bodies and u want a sketchbook, it will be £11 plus £10 plus £10. or if u want 3 multiple bodies plus 3 sketchbooks, it'll be £11 X 3. hope that's clear. but make sure u get to me at the start of the show. i start my sketch list early and i'm pretty booked out by 12pm. so if u miss me on saturday i'm always available on sunday.

for example, if u come to me at 5pm to ask for 3 full body sketches, i might have to say no, cause i'll probably have a full lists to get thru before the show ends.

in previous conventions, i've stopped accepting sketches at about 3pm, just to give u a rough idea.

a sketch may take about 15 mins to finish. so 3 full bodies will roughly take 45 mins. this is of course i'm not stopping to chat and mingle with people at the table, etc. so please please account for all that.

when u're sure, and u know what u want, make sure u come up, pay and tell me what u want me to sketch for u. that way u're guaranteed as i put u on my sketch list. if u're getting a sketchbook as well, make sure u pick it up when u pay.

then u'll have to come back and pick up just the artwork once i've finished.

if i haven't got any sketches to do when u come up to ask, then u're welcome to wait as i sketch.

otherwise, and is the most likely case, i'll give u a rough estimate of when u can come back to pick up the sketch.

--

that's the juice of it. :P it might look a lengthy and convoluted process but it's not really. just come up and talk to whichever artist, and we'll introduce u to the pricing on the day too.

ok, dude, sorry for the delay....

here's some recent stuff....

8848.jpg

8847.jpg

8845.jpg

and here's some stuff i really shouldn't be showing, cause they're really really old, but u asked so.... :)

yoda_tyranus.jpg

sw01.jpg

Obiwan.Jango.jpg

KOTOR_colour.jpg

duel.jpg

u might have seen some of them at jedinet already... :)

Edited by andie

hi andi i'd love a sketch are these a4 size or sketch card as i'd like a couple of each thanks

well, if u don't have ur own sketchbook or paper, i can provide A4 paper. i've drawn on sketch card size before, but u'll have to provide ur own sketchcard size paper unfortunately. :)

Thank you for answering my questions... (in depth)

thanks, I'll be getting one now

JA

ooooh, wicked. lookin forward to what u will have me drawing. it's a challenge everytime. :)

Sigh, too many choices! Think I'll stick to Elektra.

Thanks so much for all the info you've given us Andie - think you'll find yourself very popular at the weekend!

hehe. thanks mate. :) i hope so too. it'll save me from walking around the show and spending money.... :)

Lovely Twi'Leks :dance:

heh. thanks. :dance:

hi andie

how much would say a group of 2 or 3?

cheers

nlindenj

hey mate, if u don't mind, i've actually answered this already. all ur questions can be answered on page 3 of this thread, on post #57. hope that's cool... :)

hi andie

how much would say a group of 2 or 3?

cheers

nlindenj

actually, screw that, here's another copy and paste without the pictures. :) read below... i've coloured the text that is relevant to u...

no, i won't be charging for autographs... (unless of course u come to me with 300 books to sign) :) then i'll have to have some charge... heh...

prices are as follows

sketchbook is £5.00, but for £7.00 u get a free head to chest sketch OR for £11.00 a full body sketch

i won't be doing any £20 inked commissions unfortunately.

i can sketch anything u want as long as i remember it. sci fi, heroes, fantasy, you, whatever. i have a vast collection of characters in my head but worse case scenario is if i don't remember it, just show me a reference or borrow it from a retailer next door, so if u read this before the con, don't forget to bring a reference of your favourite character. also i won't have any envelopes or plastic sleeves for the finished artwork, so be prepared and bring some!

do come by to say hi tho if nothing else. :) i've got original artwork for sale (starting from a lowly low price of £1...say what??? yup, believe it), some limited comic books, and my port folio is free to view... and to buy if u're really, really interested. :)

with multiple bodies, it'll unfortunately just be an add on cause as it is, convention sketches are waaay reduced from my normal commission prices. so for example, if u want 3 multiple bodies and u want a sketchbook, it will be £11 plus £10 plus £10. or if u want 3 multiple bodies plus 3 sketchbooks, it'll be £11 X 3. hope that's clear. but make sure u get to me at the start of the show. i start my sketch list early and i'm pretty booked out by 12pm. so if u miss me on saturday i'm always available on sunday.

for example, if u come to me at 5pm to ask for 3 full body sketches, i might have to say no, cause i'll probably have a full lists to get thru before the show ends.

in previous conventions, i've stopped accepting sketches at about 3pm, just to give u a rough idea.

a sketch may take about 15 mins to finish. so 3 full bodies will roughly take 45 mins. this is of course i'm not stopping to chat and mingle with people at the table, etc. so please please account for all that.

when u're sure, and u know what u want, make sure u come up, pay and tell me what u want me to sketch for u. that way u're guaranteed as i put u on my sketch list. if u're getting a sketchbook as well, make sure u pick it up when u pay.

then u'll have to come back and pick up just the artwork once i've finished.

if i haven't got any sketches to do when u come up to ask, then u're welcome to wait as i sketch.

otherwise, and is the most likely case, i'll give u a rough estimate of when u can come back to pick up the sketch.

Edited by andie

Hey andie, nice to see a decent comic artist at a London Con, I look forward to meeting you and getting a sketch. I've already thought up what I want, hahahaha, so brush up on your knowledge of Ms. Marvel/Warbird and/or Spiderwoman! You'll be the first stop I make on Saturday :P

See you then

just quick one..

have u drawn batman/spiderman before?

just asking as my little collection i have started is getting diffrent artists to draw spiderman and batman together in what ever way they want

that way i get to see 2 iconic characters from diffrent artists perspective

hi andie

thanks for the reply, i have another question

prices are as follows

please excuse my ignorance but what is a 'sketchbook'?

sorry

nlindenj

Hey andie, nice to see a decent comic artist at a London Con, I look forward to meeting you and getting a sketch. I've already thought up what I want, hahahaha, so brush up on your knowledge of Ms. Marvel/Warbird and/or Spiderwoman! You'll be the first stop I make on Saturday :chair:

See you then

cool mate! lookin fwd to the challenge. i'll have my little forbidden planet catalogue with me. so most of references will be there hopefully. :)

just quick one..

have u drawn batman/spiderman before?

just asking as my little collection i have started is getting diffrent artists to draw spiderman and batman together in what ever way they want

that way i get to see 2 iconic characters from diffrent artists perspective

yea, def. well, i draw spiderman officially for spidey uk and i have dabbled with the dark knight in the past. :)

hi andie

thanks for the reply, i have another question

prices are as follows

please excuse my ignorance but what is a 'sketchbook'?

sorry

nlindenj

no probs mate. the sketchbook is basically a 20 page collection of my sketches, some never seen before, some just favourites. here's the cover and double page spread for a sample...

7948.jpg

7949.jpg

but feel free to preview before u buy. just come over to my table on the day, and i'll have my sketchbook for u to see first if u like.

(still getting over christopher lee)

wow thats great i'll be seeing you on saturday defo

yea, so am i. damnit. contemplating on doing tyranus or saruman sketches to get him to sign. but i'll probably be stuck at a table all 2 days.

c u then. :)

Yeah, I think that'd be awesome.

You'd need a lunch break right? Get a VT and then get it signed then. You could get Dooku signed on Saturday and Sauruman signed on Sunday.

See you tommorrow, Andie. I think I've settled for Ms. Marvel for my sketch, looking forward to what you can do for me, hahaha.

Hi there Andie, I was just wondering, it's my friend's birthday soon and she loves comics and eventually wants to become a comic artist one day. And since it's her 18th myself and my sister wanted to get her something special, would you have any problems with adding say a balloon or any little extra like that? it wouldn't cost more would it? O_o just we want to try and get her the coolest present around. Also you don't have any problems with collabrorating with the other artists do you?

• Showmasters Admin

You'd need a lunch break right? Get a VT and then get it signed then. You could get Dooku signed on Saturday and Sauruman signed on Sunday.

CL is only at the show on Saturday.

andie - If you want to get to see CL, talk to the guys/gals at the organisers booth when you get your dealers pass.

Yeah, I think that'd be awesome.

See you tommorrow, Andie. I think I've settled for Ms. Marvel for my sketch, looking forward to what you can do for me, hahaha.

cool. i look forward to it. honestly the past conventions, i haven't taken a lunch break. i'm smart now tho, i buy lunch before i head into the convention so at least i have something to nibble on if i catch a slight break. :) but i might have to try extra hard for CL's appearance. :D

Hi there Andie, I was just wondering, it's my friend's birthday soon and she loves comics and eventually wants to become a comic artist one day. And since it's her 18th myself and my sister wanted to get her something special, would you have any problems with adding say a balloon or any little extra like that? it wouldn't cost more would it? O_o just we want to try and get her the coolest present around. Also you don't have any problems with collabrorating with the other artists do you?

no, adding props shouldn't be a problem. :) collaborating with other artist, no probs. but how so? what did u have in mind?

CL is only at the show on Saturday.

andie - If you want to get to see CL, talk to the guys/gals at the organisers booth when you get your dealers pass.

oooh, thanks for the tip. i will do. i might start the dooku sketch now and if i have time, i'll do saruman too! YAY! :)