LATEST GUEST ANNOUNCEMENT - Dave Prowse

Worst SW guest is Mayhew, a rude chap!

I wish people wouldn't say stuff like this. I haven't met him, and I am looking forward to meeting him, and I bet others are the same. You've basically just gone and ruined it. If he is rude then I'll find out on my own accord.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Showmasters Admin

I wish people wouldn't say stuff like this. I haven't met him, and I am looking forward to meeting him, and I bet others are the same. You've basically just gone and ruined it. If he is rude then I'll find out on my own accord.

I agree it's not nice to put down any guest, but if people have had a bad experience I'd rather they told me.

OK you're going to make your own decision based on your meeting, we all do, but is it not better that you're aware he may not be very chatty and friendly. That way you don't go along expecting a great meeting only to be let down. I know I'd rather know in advance so I can go with my sights set at the right level. That way if he's not so chatty, I know it's not just me and that it's just the way he is. I'd come away feeling better than I would if I went along expecting him to be the best chattiest guess ever and then he says nothing and I go home feeling he just didn't like me.

I agree it's not nice to put down any guest, but if people have had a bad experience I'd rather they told me.

OK you're going to make your own decision based on your meeting, we all do, but is it not better that you're aware he may not be very chatty and friendly. That way you don't go along expecting a great meeting only to be let down. I know I'd rather know in advance so I can go with my sights set at the right level. That way if he's not so chatty, I know it's not just me and that it's just the way he is. I'd come away feeling better than I would if I went along expecting him to be the best chattiest guess ever and then he says nothing and I go home feeling he just didn't like me.

I understand that part, but it's the way it's been phrased. 'Rude' is not being chatty justified to have that sort of comment? Just say he wasn't very talkative.

Brilliantly put, TooTall.

I'm always making up my own opinion, but I personally appreciate a little warning. *thinks of Mira Furlan at C9*

If it's any comfort, my best friend met him at Collectormania and was bowled over by his charm - he was really friendly and a lot of fun.

all i ever do if theres a guest i really wana meet, is meet them anyways regardles of other peoples experiences.

i will be meeting dave again this time. i did meet him previously and found him to be very nice and chatty, i mentioned wen he had visited my first school as the green cross road man, and after we talked a bit about it he remembered the school and year he was ther. i got his auto for 15, but i have seen at other events hes charged £20/30

also wen i met kenny baker before i found him to be very nice and chatty.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v483/sefton/CNV00003.jpg

Edited by william

• Showmasters Admin

I understand that part, but it's the way it's been phrased. 'Rude' is not being chatty justified to have that sort of comment? Just say he wasn't very talkative.

I understand what you're saying, but it's obviously how A007 felt about his meeting with Mayhew.

I personally didn't have a good meeting with him either. I met him at an event were he had no queue but when I tried to talk to him, he just ignored my question and said "It's £15 an autograph, how many do you want?". In case he was going deaf, I made sure I got eye contact and asked him another question, but again he ignored my question and just gave me back my item. I'd call it "not being chatty", but I wouldn't be surprised if someone else called that being "rude".

I'd never not see a guest because of what someone else says, I'd just be aware of it. We all have bad days, and I assume I got Peter on one of his, and so did A007. Doesn't mean you won't get him on a good day.

Edited by Too Tall

I understand what you're saying, but it's obviously how A007 felt about his meeting with Mayhew.

I personally didn't have a good meeting with him either. I met him at an event were he had no queue but when I tried to talk to him, he just ignored my question and said "It's £15 an autograph, how many do you want?". In case he was going deaf, I made sure I got eye contact and asked him another question, but again he ignored my question and just gave me back my item. I'd call it "not being chatty", but I wouldn't be surprised if someone else called that being "rude".

I'd never not see a guest because of what someone else says, I'd just be aware of it. We all have bad days, and I assume I got Peter on one of his, and so did A007. Doesn't mean you won't get him on a good day.

My experience was very similar to this. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, meet him and form your own.

Yes but sometimes these warnings are not at all justified *thinks of Mira Furlan at another show* ;):D

She still didn't look in the cameras there. :D

Maybe she thinks a bit of her soul will be stolen from her through her eyes so she makes it as hard as possible. :chair:

Edited by feralmoggy

• Showmasters Admin

Yes but sometimes these warnings are not at all justified *thinks of Mira Furlan at another show* :lol:;)

She still didn't look in the cameras there. ;)

Maybe she thinks a bit of her soul will be stolen from her through her eyes so she makes it as hard as possible. :chair:

It could be that she finds the flash too bright, but rather than say no to photos she just looks slightly to one side. I realise she could ask people to turn off the flash, but maybe at most shows she's found that's not possible as it's too dark. CMK is pretty light but most of the halls/rooms events are held in are far from light.

Maybe it's her compromise.

Maybe she thinks a bit of her soul will be stolen from her through her eyes so she makes it as hard as possible. :D

Well, when I paid 15 Euro for the photo session, she did look into the camera... :D

That also adds to my flash theory as the flash at a photo session is normally off to one side or reflected off something.

just a thought regarding the comments about 'repeat guest syndrome'- i'm sure many of you have friends that you see every day/week?

what's the difference,then?

i met dave prowse a couple of years ago,had a lovely chat about ray park/darth maul and he was very pleseant!

i look forward to meeting him again,and who knows,i might have found something else to talk to him about.

honestly,you people...!

just a thought regarding the comments about 'repeat guest syndrome'- i'm sure many of you have friends that you see every day/week?

what's the difference,then?

i met dave prowse a couple of years ago,had a lovely chat about ray park/darth maul and he was very pleseant!

i look forward to meeting him again,and who knows,i might have found something else to talk to him about.

honestly,you people...!

I can see the point you are trying to make but as regards to the comment:

"i'm sure many of you have friends that you see every day/week?

what's the difference,then?"

is this a serious comment.............? :chair:

hey,buddy... everything i post on these boards is damn serious!

i'm not fooling around.

no,sir!

:blush:

just seems bizarre that the guest list at an event that happens once a year is being likened to nipping round mates house, thats all.

Dave Prowse isnt that bad a bloke at all. I know some people say he is dull but ive recently heard he hasnt been well lately so maybe cut some slack people. As for Mahew, I have never met him so cant comment but cant wait to get his auto this time round :wub:

(see showmasters, i am nice!)

How would you like to spend all bank holiday weekend just sitting signing your name???

man, if i could get twenty quid a pop for it i'd be there every day 7 days a week!!!! I'd swap jobs with him in a flash!